Shady on verge of cementing HoF status?

Shady on verge of cementing HoF status?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is lesean McCoy a HoF?

Best RB in the game since 2013, statistically.

He was magnificent last year, and hasn't lost a step at all. I think people don't talk enough about how great he is at avoiding big hits we see RB regularly take,which is why I see him putting up elite numbers for 2-3 more years for sure. Also his condition is bar none.

He's very close to being a HOF. 

12 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

well if he can put up 3 more years with good production kind of like emmitt did late in his career he could get there. But he's gotta get a run in the playoffs to get there. 

i wish it whole heartedly for him but that's a lot to ask

he takes a brutal beating out there and he is wearing out, how he has survived concussion protocol at least 8 times during his time here is amazing.

11 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Best RB in the game since 2013, statistically.

He was magnificent last year, and hasn't lost a step at all. I think people don't talk enough about how great he is at avoiding big hits we see RB regularly take,which is why I see him putting up elite numbers for 2-3 more years for sure. Also his condition is bar none.

He's very close to being a HOF. 

RB doesn't mean much anymore, too bad as it used to be a top position for honour and glory out there

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he takes a brutal beating out there and he is wearing out, how he has survived concussion protocol at least 8 times during his time here is amazing.

RB doesn't mean much anymore, too bad as it used to be a top position for honour and glory out there

he doesn't really take a beating as he's not a high contact guy.  that's why he's generally avoided injury.  It's not that big of a stretch to see him keep playing well. 

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Yea true but I feel it's making a comeback as elite QB play has went downhill. Still feel guys like Shady are highly regarded , it's just that most RB nowadays have a good 2-3 years and fall off.

As Nate Burleson said at halftime of the WildCard game,"He's the best player on the field" 

Which is quite a compliment considering the guys on that Jax D.

4 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Under which team will he go into the HOF? Eagles or Bills?

It won’t even be a consideration. He could stay and break the all time rushing record wearing a Bills uniform and without hesitation, he would go in as an Eagle. 

Amd those people saying he hasn’t lost a step are dilusuonal. 

4 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Under which team will he go into the HOF? Eagles or Bills?

The NFL doenst work like baseball.. a NFL player enshrined in Canton goes in as a member of every team he was a part of ...

James Lofton is a Packer and Bill in the HoF

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

As much as I love Shady, I would say no.

Although, I probably have higher demands than most on what qualifies as a hall of fame player 

AS do I.

To many "Hall of Very Good" players get in to the Hall of fame. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

‘To speak of’? OJ had 1 playoff game. 

Right.  And he statically did things no one else has ever done before or since.

If you are going to rely purely on regular season accomplishments, you can't  just be really good.

You have to be unbelievably great.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

he isn't even up to Bills Wall of Fame status.

Yes he is. Cookie Gilchrest says hello

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Right.  And he statically did things no one else has ever done before or since.

If you are going to rely purely on regular season accomplishments, you can't  just be really good.

You have to be unbelievably great.

I agree. It’s why I called out ‘must have playoff games’

1 minute ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

If he gets to 12k then yes, but if he retired right now then definitely not. 

He's a great RB but he's been on bad to average teams his whole career, which like it or not has an impact on HOF voting.

Well he certainly isn’t retiring today.

He says he is going to play 3 more years. Even 800 yards a year for 3 years gets him over 12k

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The NFL doenst work like baseball.. a NFL player enshrined in Canton goes in as a member of every team he was a part of ...

James Lofton is a Packer and Bill in the HoF

I actually did not know that. I should visit Canton one day. 

11 hours ago, mileena said:

Lots of biased people here. He is a good runnning back. That doesn't mean HOF, people. You need to transform the game.

I agree the criteria needs to be more strict, but that's not the way it works, now is it?

By the time he retires, he'll have the numbers to get in.

On 6/3/2018 at 6:50 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I think McCoy is a borderline HoFer. He is maybe the 5th best RB in football now.And was mainly about a 5th best kinda guy his whole career.

An excellent RB? Yes. A hall of famer? Gonna be tough.

Edited by Tcali

Just now, Tcali said:

I think McCoy is a borderline HoFer. He is maybe the 5th best RB in football now.And was mainly about a 5th best kinda guy hos whole career.

An excellent RB? Yes. a hall of famer? Gonna be tough.

He is a 2 time 1st team all pro at RB so by that standard he was atleast the 1st-2nd best back in the league that year

He is always near the top of the league in yards from scrimmage 

He is a receiving threat as well

If he reaches 12k he should make it 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He is a 2 time 1st team all pro at RB so by that standard he was atleast the 1st-2nd best back in the league that year

He is always near the top of the league in yards from scrimmage 

He is a receiving threat as well

If he reaches 12k he should make it 

It'll be close. Not a sure thing altho he is without a doubt an excellent RB. Not in the OJ,Sanders,Brown,Campbell  etc league of sure first time balloters.But perhaps after 2 or 3 tries ala Thurman.

And quite honestly--in shady's favor..I dont think Shady needs anything at all more in his career  to augment the argument for him. He paid his dues and has played at a high level for more time than most RBs.He is almost 30 and has done everything that he could do.  He either is or isnt a hall of famer based on his already substantial accomplishments and unique style.

4 minutes ago, Tcali said:

It'll be close. Not a sure thing altho he is without a doubt an excellent RB. Not in the OJ,Sanders,Brown,Campbell  etc league of sure first time balloters.But perhaps after 2 or 3 tries ala Thurman.

And quite honestly--in shady's favor..I dont think Shady needs anything at all more in his career  to augment the argument for him. He paid his dues and has played at a high level for more time than most RBs.He is almost 30 and has done everything that he could do.  He either is or isnt a hall of famer based on his already substantial accomplishments and unique style.

Agree he isn’t first ballot. But 2-3 ballot isn’t out of question