NFL Sunday Ticket

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...neither did I.....does it just give you access to every game and you can make your choice(s) versus being limited to network games and NFLN?.........

Yes every game - can pick any game you’d like to watch. The only thing is if the game is in your market on local television it won’t be available. For example, I live in Seattle, if the Bills are playing San Diego on local television it won’t be on the ticket for me. 

Edited by Maynard

2 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Yes every game - can pick any game you’d like to watch. The only thing is if the game is in your market on local television it won’t be available. For example, I live in Seattle, if the Bills are playing San Diego on local television it won’t be on the ticket for me. 

...so it's conceivable that you may need cable as well to get that game?..............

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so it's conceivable that you may need cable as well to get that game?..............

Indeed. In my case, it’s very infrequent though, I would need cable to watch the game. 

Sunday Ticket is a big waste of money in these times. I dropped it 8 years ago and dropped Directv altogether in Dec of last year, had it as long as the drought. Got a Roku tv and the Sling mid package for 1/4 of the money  with the same stuff, and a lot more.

For bills/Sabres games I watch online for free, and it can be conveyed to your tv if you want to. Sometimes the games are on national tv and we try a few times a year to go here: http://www.brandonbillsbackers.com/ to check out the game too. Was unable to go to the Bills Backers this last year though due to !@#$ing hurricane Irma.

In short, it's out there... just do a little exploring. I hope Directv goes out of business, and soon... what a ripoff.

15 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

It's a must for me.

Lately there's too many times that the Bills and the ""girls"" play at the same time.

So on those times,it's pic n pic.

I feel your pain.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...neither did I.....does it just give you access to every game and you can make your choice(s) versus being limited to network games and NFLN?.........

I don't have it because I watch every Bills game with my local Bills Backers group. B-)

I called and talked to customer retention for my 6 months in discounts.   

60 days larter I was still waiting.  

When I called the first “agent” said I was not eligible at the time.   

Called customer retention again  and now I have $60 a month off for a full year.  

I just checked the bill and I’m under $100 for full services.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2018 at 1:26 PM, whatdrought said:

Just found out that due to my student status, I can get sunday ticket for $100 for the whole season via internet streaming.

As a out of state bills fan, this seems like a great deal, but am wondering if you guys are familiar and know it to be worth it? 

My current way of watching is to watch via an EU site that is decent, but has questionable quality and sometimes does not work. 

Thoughts?

What's your internet speed?

I've been streaming games off Sunday Ticket for several years now & never have a problem.

Just don't EVER give out your password to anyone, as it'll block you from watching the games if you're logged on anywhere else. And even DirecTV can't boot them off, changing the password doesn't work, nothing helps.... Screwed me one game last year lol

Streaming Directv Sunday Ticket is great and I’ve been doing it for years now too with the student package.  The only thing I will say is it works best on Apple TV.  I used Chromecast the first season and it was decent.  With Apple TV, you’d never know it was an internet stream.  It’s perfect HD, never buffers, and the ST app is easy to use.  If this is an option for you, do not worry one bit (unless you don’t have quality internet connections), and go ahead and sign up in August when it becomes available.

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I just for kicks went to my DTV account and went into chat with a rep. I got FREE Sunday Ticket, $30 of for a year and $5 of HBO. I'm sure others will get better but doing it all online and not having to  sit on the phone I'll take it.

Mind detailing the specifics of the chat?  Did you just say hi and they were like hey here's a bunch of free stuff for saying hi?

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Mind detailing the specifics of the chat?  Did you just say hi and they were like hey here's a bunch of free stuff for saying hi?

I honestly said, "what deals you have going on now since my contract is up in August".  I did that just to see what they would offer and I was surprised.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2018 at 8:11 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

'Student'?!  Not with THAT avatar.  That's almost as bad as Hedley Lamarr trying to sneak into Grauman's Chinese Theatre on a student card!

Raisenettes!

• Haha (+1) 2