NFL Sunday Ticket

Ok I called last night and it was a cluster (I’ll spare the details) but was given a direct line to the loyalty team so called this afternoon. Got a nice kid and just said I was calling to lower my bill, any discounts out there. He offered 50 off/mo for a savings of 600. That  competely covers my ST plus a lot more. I then asked about ST specifically and he said he didn’t have anything for that. I moved on to HBO (so I can watch Hard Knocks) and be gave me 6 months free. It was a long-ish call, about 45 min, but I’m satisfied!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, dorquemada said:

The other solution using the official NFL stream over a european VPN is an interesting possibility.  I use PIA on my pc, and could probably cobble together a linux box to connect to my tv, VPN to europe, and sign up for the NFL stream.  

Game Pass is Chromecast compatible. I did this 2 years ago and the picture quality was great. Only issue was the sound was very slightly distorted at louder levels compared to an over the air broadcast. Not sure if that's been fixed, but well worth the money. Also, it may be different now, but the price was different based on the country, so you should look into that as well. I believe I signed up "from" the Netherlands :D

10 hours ago, dorquemada said:

it just sent me to the DTV front page, I cant seem to get at that URL.

The college student package, what's the story there?  My oldest is at UB, i'd feel largely justified in having her get the package then using it since she'll be at the home games anyways.

Student package would actually be best. IIRC it's only $100. Pretty sure all you'll need is her .edu email address.

2 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Made my call today, got a $60/month discount for a year.  I'll take it.

It helps to stay out of a contract and, get to the "Loyalty Team".

Will you call for me? I’ll cut you a deal for a %. 

I hate that crap......

10 hours ago, gjv001 said:

Any updates for free or reduced pricing on the NFL Sunday Ticket? 

already a thread on this....check it out to see what others have done

Edited by nucci

9 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Game Pass is Chromecast compatible. I did this 2 years ago and the picture quality was great. Only issue was the sound was very slightly distorted at louder levels compared to an over the air broadcast. Not sure if that's been fixed, but well worth the money. Also, it may be different now, but the price was different based on the country, so you should look into that as well. I believe I signed up "from" the Netherlands :D

Student package would actually be best. IIRC it's only $100. Pretty sure all you'll need is her .edu email address.

I'll probably do the student thing then, but for kicks I went out last night and bought the amazon fire stick, put PIA VPN on it, Kodi, and SportsDevil.  Including the 10 minute drive to BJs and back, it was all in about an hour of time and $40.

I called last week and tried to get a ST discount. It was obvious to me the rep had been trained. He asked, “Wouldn’t you spend more $ going to a bar for 16 games?”. 

I cancelled my ST and asked to remove my first charge.

But I knew my contract expires Aug 25 so I will call back before then to see what I can do about re-adding ST. Will try the approach recommended in this thread about requesting account discounts rather than specifically asking about ST. 

I am waiting to see if Directv sends me any offers about ST after I cancelled. I am a long-time Directv & ST customer and also multi-line ATT mobile customer.

6 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I called last week and tried to get a ST discount. It was obvious to me the rep had been trained. He asked, “Wouldn’t you spend more $ going to a bar for 16 games?”. 

But I knew my contract expires Aug 25 so I will call back before then to see what I can do about re-adding ST. Will try the approach recommended in this thread about requesting account discounts rather than specifically asking about ST. 

I am waiting to see if Directv sends me any offers about ST after I cancelled. I am a long-time Directv & ST customer and also multi-line ATT mobile customer.

ask for retention/loyalty department. I'm a long time DirecTV and AT&T customer and have never encountered someone like that

Edited by nucci

14 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I'll probably do the student thing then, but for kicks I went out last night and bought the amazon fire stick, put PIA VPN on it, Kodi, and SportsDevil.  Including the 10 minute drive to BJs and back, it was all in about an hour of time and $40.

I assume you've been using PIA for a while and are familiar with it. What about it makes it better than others? I'll be signing up for a VPN soon, so general tips you might have about PIA and other VPN providers would be great...thanks! 

Made my yearly call to DirecTv Yesterday afternoon to the loyalty department and this is what i got from them

60 Dollars off for 12 Months

12.25 off the 6 installments of ST

Free HBO and MAX for 6 months and Showtime for 4 Months

Easiest call I have ever made was on phone less than 15 minutes

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chevyracingfan39 said:

Made my yearly call to DirecTv Yesterday afternoon to the loyalty department and this is what i got from them

60 Dollars off for 12 Months

12.25 off the 6 installments of ST

Free HBO and MAX for 6 months and Showtime for 4 Months

Easiest call I have ever made was on phone less than 15 minutes

Nice....seems like the standard discount. I received similar numbers

21 hours ago, Mr Info said:

PSA:

The DTV rep I spoke to earlier this week was super cool and gave me a few tips:

- Stay out of a contract if possible.  Far better to be a free agent.

- Take ST off auto-renew.

- if you're not eligible for credits due to contract status or lack of tenure, do not order ST until the day before Opening Day.  DTV usually offers great discounts on that day and afterward. 

• Like (+1) 3