NFL Sunday Ticket

Just called and spoke to Nomar.  I was able to get $45.00 off my bill for 12 months, $5.00 off HBO for six months and $7.00 off of Starz for 6 months, so in summary.

NFL Sunday Ticket - $65.99 per month = $390.00

12 months of $45.00 off my bill = $540.00

$30.00 off my HBO

$42.00 off my STARZ 

Total net discount is $612.00

Saved $222.00, I'm happy again 

28 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Thanks for the Advice. 

How's single life treating you? 

LOL  ?

Fortunately for her, I'm the forgiving type. But she knows better now!

I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner. Apparently her father, and another friend, had been using it to watch games since half way through the season. Only somehow those games never lined up with Bills games, so I never noticed. I'm pretty sure it was the 1st Miami game we missed...So luckily I knew we'd win!

41 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Just called and spoke to Nomar.  I was able to get $45.00 off my bill for 12 months, $5.00 off HBO for six months and $7.00 off of Starz for 6 months, so in summary.

NFL Sunday Ticket - $65.99 per month = $390.00

12 months of $45.00 off my bill = $540.00

$30.00 off my HBO

$42.00 off my STARZ 

Total net discount is $612.00

Saved $222.00, I'm happy again 

Similar to what many are getting.....well done

Just called..

I got $12 per month off my Sunday Ticket Billing, $60 a month off my Bill for 12 months, and 6 months free HBO.

$800 in savings over the next year...  

My Bill with Sunday ticket for the next 6 months would of been $165.56, It is now About $97 per month, and after the Sunday Ticket is paid off My Bill drops to $49 until August next year.

$CHA CHING$

Edited by ddaryl

I've called now 3 times. All I want is a discount off Sunday ticket. When I called 2 weeks ago, the chic told me if I signed up for showtime I could recieve Sunday ticket for $100 for the season. Gave me half off showtime for the year, and told me to call back the next week for the promotion. Even gave me a reference number. Called back today and the chic I spoke with had no clue what I was talking about. Then proceeded to try and get me to switch my cell service from Verizon to AT&T. I was like, I'm just trying to get a discount on the Sunday ticket. So, no discount and who knows Wtf that chic the other week was talking about with showtime 

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've called now 3 times. All I want is a discount off Sunday ticket. When I called 2 weeks ago, the chic told me if I signed up for showtime I could recieve Sunday ticket for $100 for the season. Gave me half off showtime for the year, and told me to call back the next week for the promotion. Even gave me a reference number. Called back today and the chic I spoke with had no clue what I was talking about. Then proceeded to try and get me to switch my cell service from Verizon to AT&T. I was like, I'm just trying to get a discount on the Sunday ticket. So, no discount and who knows Wtf that chic the other week was talking about with showtime 

ask for the loyalty dept... I ended up talking to Rhonda in Las Vegas

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This seems to be a recurring issue...seems the reps all have different marching orders on giving promotions and discounts.

22 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

ask for the loyalty dept... I ended up talking to Rhonda in Las Vegas

I was speaking to the loyalty department. The only thing this chic seemed interested in was signing me up for AT&T cell service. I'll give it a few days and try again. 

Just now, Steptide said:

I was speaking to the loyalty department. The only thing this chic seemed interested in was signing me up for AT&T cell service. I'll give it a few days and try again. 

damn... what pain the ass.

I think some discounts are tied to how often you have requested discounts in past years. I haven't asked for any in a couple of years.... She said she had to look up and see what was available. She had to cancel my auto renewal on Sunday Ticket before a discount showed up, but she knew this angle cause she said "lets see what we get if I remove the auto renewal"

But the lady I talked to never pimped anything regarding AT&T or directtv... Just got me the best discounts she could. She said she had been working their for 3 years so maybe she just new how to work the system

I made my annual call a couple of weeks ago.  I had to sign a one year contract, but here’s the offer I received:

$30 off my monthly bill for 12 months

ST Max for free

$200 VISA gift card 

I’ve been a customer for 17/20 years and this may have been the best deal I’ve received to date.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

I called today...at the recording I asked for customer loyalty, after a 10 minute hold I got someone overseas.  I knew it was not going to go well right then.  So I played the game, told him I had discounts that were expiring this month, $60 off a month and last year I had the Ticket for free, I wanted to know if they could match or come close to that.  After several long pauses and being told he's checking, he told me "sorry we have no offers of any kind for you".  I said "okay, can you transfer me to customer loyalty?"  He said "sure I'd be happy to do that"...I was transferred and placed on hold. 

Got connected to a very nice young woman in Texas...said the same thing to her...she asked me who my team was and I said "The Bills of course!".  She said "I think my mom likes them too!"  She then proceeded in an extended conversation about her favorite team (Eagles) and her Dad's and her husband's, etc....we had a long conversation...then she said "I have authorized a $60 discount per month for 12 months and free Sunday ticket as a loyalty reward!"  I was thrilled!  She asked if I had any other questions....I thought to myself..."why not?" so I asked about any movie channels and she said "sure...HBO free for 6 months.".  This was  better than last year!

I'm not sure why I got this and others don't....but it's just a lesson in being persistent and pleasant...

I just called.  Asked for Customer Retention rep said he was with the Loyalty Dept.  I asked for a discount off my bill and he said let me see what I can do...He removed my Sunday Ticket Renewal of $48.99×6months and the $17×6 mos Max upgrade that I added last online (which by the way is only an upgrade not the Sunday Ticket by itself).

Rep came back with $60 off my total bill (no contract needed).  He then said he found 6 mos free of HBO or Cinemax.  I took HBO. 

I then asked any discounts on Sunday Ticket, he looked and said No.  Told me I should try back after the first week starts for Sunday Ticket and discounts should be available. I'll try again but happy with the $60 off which makes my bill $68 mo. with free HBO.  Call only took 10 mins. Quickest call ever in 10 years!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

So you guys just call and say you want a discount, or do you actually say you want to cancel and then they start spewing discounts at you?

Either approach works. If you say you want to cancel I think u kind of have to be really willing to cancel. But you have  to make sure u talk to customer retention. The first person you speak to is worthless. Telling the machine you want to cancel gets you directly to those people. How you negotiate from there is your call. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 hour ago, Chris in MD said:

I made my annual call a couple of weeks ago.  I had to sign a one year contract, but here’s the offer I received:

$30 off my monthly bill for 12 months

ST Max for free

$200 VISA gift card 

I’ve been a customer for 17/20 years and this may have been the best deal I’ve received to date.

WOW. That's an awesome deal. What a crock though. I signed a new 2 year deal with them about a month ago. When I specifically asked for the Sunday ticket free, I got denied. 

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

WOW. That's an awesome deal. What a crock though. I signed a new 2 year deal with them about a month ago. When I specifically asked for the Sunday ticket free, I got denied. 

Yeah I was really surprised when they threw in the gift card at the end.  As others have recommended, I just politely ask for customer retention and tell them my discounts have expired and my bill is too high and I’m going to cancel.  They usually thank me for my loyalty and come back with a counter offer.    I usually decline the movie channels as I’m gunning for ST every year....if they ever lose ST I’m definitely going to cancel.

• Like (+1) 1