NFL Sunday Ticket

Update: I called last week. I paid full price of $64.95 for 6 months but they gave me $60 off a month for 12 months. Plus 6 months of HBO for free ( and I don't have to call to cancel the HBO after 6 months.) Plus I did not have to sign on a contract so I should be able to do this next year.  I'd love to "cut the chord" but I'm just not there yet.

Good luck to all that have not made their annual called yet.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/1/2018 at 9:24 PM, qwksilver said:

Update: I called last week. I paid full price of $64.95 for 6 months but they gave me $60 off a month for 12 months. Plus 6 months of HBO for free ( and I don't have to call to cancel the HBO after 6 months.) Plus I did not have to sign on a contract so I should be able to do this next year.  I'd love to "cut the chord" but I'm just not there yet.

I received the same.....$60 off for 12 months...I may call again closer to start of season for more but this covers the cost of the Ticket

On 7/1/2018 at 9:24 PM, qwksilver said:

Does that include the Max package, or just basic Sunday Ticket?

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

this is against the law no?

It is, but realistically, there aren't enough resources to go after everyone that streams the feed. Its the people that provide the stream illegally that they want, but most are overseas. Most people probably use a vpn anyways and filter their traffic to another location.

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Had to majorly cut personal costs last year and dumped Direct TV.....I use firestick now.

Someone was nice enough to help me with a link so I could watch the games on my computer.....would like to be able to watch them on the Big Screen TV I just bought this year though.......

Thoughts?

Is it a jailbroken Firestick?

34 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Does that include the Max package, or just basic Sunday Ticket?

It is, but realistically, there aren't enough resources to go after everyone that streams the feed. Its the people that provide the stream illegally that they want, but most are overseas. Most people probably use a vpn anyways and filter their traffic to another location.

So the only consideration to breaking laws is the chance that you will be prosecuted?  Literally consider nothing else.

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

So the only consideration to breaking laws is the chance that you will be prosecuted?  Literally consider nothing else.

Is that what I said???

I mean, you could be subjecting yourself to malware or something....o_O

I'm sure there would be some type of financial burden, aside from the legal fees. Copyright infringement type stuff. I assume that's where you were going with that comment. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yep

You should be able to find whatever you like to watch with ease. 

I don't have one (jailbroken, anyways), but know people that do, and they don't pay a dime to watch tv and sports, other than their internet bill. A quick Google search should do it for ya.

On 6/2/2018 at 11:36 AM, Fadingpain said:

Anyone know when the current Direct TV agreement with the NFL expires?

I find it absolutely hilarious that, in 2018, the NFL will NOT take the money I would otherwise gladly pay them each year for a Sunday Ticket TV package on Comcast cable.

Or the money I would give them on a per-game basis for those games I want and am available to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SNICE said:

If it’s only Bills games you are looking for CBS is offering a stream. Not sure about other teams or games. 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/06/cbs_all_access_to_stream_buffalo_bills_games_on_mobile_in_2018.html

Bills' games will only be available via CBS stream in the local region. 

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I called and got absolutely nothing. 

That has happened to me in the past, and I still ended up getting it free or discounted.  Call back in a week or so and see.  Did you talk to someone in retention?

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I called and got absolutely nothing. 

They saw your TBD avatar.  Figured that you were the accommodating type.

EDIT:  Come to think of it, with such an avatar, expect a phone call from 'Ernestine' at NFL Sunday Ticket, telling you they've tripled your fees. "Well Mr. Yolo, (snort), Mr. Jones can't be expected to pay for that shiny new stadium all by himself, goodness gracious".

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
There's always room to improve a quip...40-50% of the time.
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

That has happened to me in the past, and I still ended up getting it free or discounted.  Call back in a week or so and see.  Did you talk to someone in retention?

I used the chat feature as another poster had recommended. I’ll call in a couple weeks. They also told me I was only eligible for free nfl ticket my 1st year with directv (this is my 6th yr). I didn’t ask for it btw, i just asked if there were any promotions for it. I’ve gotten discounts in the past though. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I used the chat feature as another poster had recommended. I’ll call in a couple weeks. They also told me I was only eligible for free nfl ticket my 1st year with directv (this is my 6th yr). I didn’t ask for it btw, i just asked if there were any promotions for it. I’ve gotten discounts in the past though. 

I had to fight on the chat room a bit...took me a couple of calls and finally asked to be transferred to customer loyalty. AT&T is ruining Directv.....raising prices on everything and adding more fees....I just switched my phone to T-Mobile....it's getting ridiculous

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2018/07/02/some-t-and-directv-now-fees-rising-after-time-warner-merger/752356002/

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2018 at 2:26 PM, whatdrought said:

Just found out that due to my student status, I can get sunday ticket for $100 for the whole season via internet streaming.

As a out of state bills fan, this seems like a great deal, but am wondering if you guys are familiar and know it to be worth it? 

My current way of watching is to watch via an EU site that is decent, but has questionable quality and sometimes does not work. 

Thoughts?

I used it last year through a young intern that we had here at work. I used her name to sign up. for a hundred bucks, it's a good deal because i can watch from my phone or iPad... and with Apple TV, can still stream it to the TV.