NFL Sunday Ticket

Just found out that due to my student status, I can get sunday ticket for $100 for the whole season via internet streaming.

As a out of state bills fan, this seems like a great deal, but am wondering if you guys are familiar and know it to be worth it? 

My current way of watching is to watch via an EU site that is decent, but has questionable quality and sometimes does not work. 

Thoughts?

I get it every year and watch through my PS4. It’s totally worth it. Can’t get Directv at the house because of trees. I still buy it even though I’m part of a Bills backer club in Seattle. Always good to have a backup - I never miss a game. 

Anyone know when the current Direct TV agreement with the NFL expires?

I find it absolutely hilarious that, in 2018, the NFL will NOT take the money I would otherwise gladly pay them each year for a Sunday Ticket TV package on Comcast cable.

• Like (+1) 3

I’ve had the ticket since the 90’s and love it.  I’m always able each year to negotiate it down from the list price.  I remember streaming the London game for the Bills and Jags a couple of years ago and hated it as I had to keep exiting and re-entering as it was freezing up.

if you’re only paying $100 did they tell you to prove you’re a student with something from the University out of curiosity?

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’ve had the ticket since the 90’s and love it.  I’m always able each year to negotiate it down from the list price.  I remember streaming the London game for the Bills and Jags a couple of years ago and hated it as I had to keep exiting and re-entering as it was freezing up.

if you’re only paying $100 did they tell you to prove you’re a student with something from the University out of curiosity?

My son lives in NC....they gave him a $200 Visa card for a renew.

29 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Just found out that due to my student status, I can get sunday ticket for $100 for the whole season via internet streaming.

As a out of state bills fan, this seems like a great deal, but am wondering if you guys are familiar and know it to be worth it? 

My current way of watching is to watch via an EU site that is decent, but has questionable quality and sometimes does not work. 

Thoughts?

I've done this exact thing the last two seasons and its been great!  Using on my Apple TV.  Sometimes there's little buggy things that happen but for me its worth dealing with to save the money.

HOWEVER - I had my signal freeze in week 17 as the Bengals walked to the line of scrimmage on the 4th down play that sent the Bills to the playoffs and by the time I was able to restart the app the Ravens had the ball back and I missed the biggest play to happen to the bills in 17 years.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Thoughts?

I think it's great.  What's the student status prove-it requirements?  I have an .edu alumni email account.  

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

I find it absolutely hilarious that, in 2018, the NFL will NOT take the money I would otherwise gladly pay them each year for a Sunday Ticket TV package on Comcast cable.

You find it hilarious, the NFL thinks of it as smart.  One thing I know about the NFL is they are not stupid and they will always figure out how to make the most money they can.  I'd say with about 99.99% certainty that has looked at all the providers and have got offers from them in the past whenever they are looking at extending the agreement and have determined that giving DTV exclusive rights yields the biggest pot of money to them. 

As soon as they split the pot up a couple things will very likely happen, DTV's bid will drop substantially and DTV may be out of business soon after as their subscribers will drop alot without them having the Ticket.  IMO one of the main things that keeps DTV going particularly these days with all the cord cutters is they exclusive rights deal with the NFL.  So they way over bid everytime the contract is up to keep it that they are the only game in town.

Do I like it, no, do I wish the NFL did as you suggest and offer it to cable too, absolutely, but as long as DTV offers to pay them way more they they will get by splitting it up, it ain't happening.

Having said all that, I also do think the days of DTV getting 100% of the rights may be coming to and end as the NFL may be figuring out how to create their own digital broadcast network for streaming all the games, effectively leaving out the middle man, Yahoo, Amazon, DTV, etc.  I know I'd certainly rather pay say $400 even $500 a year directly to the NFL for all the games as opposed to maybe $100 a month to DTV which in turn maybe hands $150 of that over to the NFL as it would save me money  in the long run.

Can't see them wanting to split up rights as the entire cable/satellite thing is dying so why split things up to go to something that is in trouble anyway?

And BTW at the end of last season I dropped DTV, bought a TIVO, recording OTA and pay $26 a month for Sling.  So will be scrambling this fall to find the games online someplace myself.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

One word: Reddit.

two more words: !@#$ directv.

So last year I did often log on to Reddit to make sure it was working and could watch the game in anticipation of to quote you " !@#$ directv"  and I did at years end.  Every time I tried, could watch every game.  My only question about Reddit was that a one year thing or has it worked reliably for past years too.  Hoping it works fine again.

I've had DirecTV and Sunday Ticket for 18 years and this year I'm finally cutting ties with them. The price of ST isn't bad, but I hate that I have to subscribe to a DTV package to get it. The monthly rate keeps going up and the quality of programming keeps going down. I'll go with the $99 streaming package and watch the games Sunday night. That'll free up my Sunday afternoons - I just have to stay off the internet.

I'd pay full price for Sunday Ticket if I could stream the games live without having to be a DirecTV subscriber.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

The end of the 2022-23 season.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Thoughts?

If you are just streaming after game is over then just sign up for NFL Game Pass for 49.99. That was price last year. You can live stream preseason only, and replay and rewatch all reg and post season games you want all year. In broadcast mode, condensed mode, all-22. Not sure when games become avail for replay.

If you are in school in Europe or other country and just plan to watch after the fact due to time zone issues this would be the way to go.

Little bitches just upped the price to $99.99

Everyone can get it, no discount as student needed like you need to live stream reg season with Sun Ticket.