Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.agree...it's rivaling your Reilly Ferguson support threads, right??.............?

But it ended when we did not draft him. This one just keeps going.   ??????

12 minutes ago, mead107 said:

But it ended when we did not draft him. This one just keeps going.   ??????

Wait until the season starts...

No matter whether he is riding the pine, League MVP or somewhere in between...the TT fans or haters will be able to say "I told you so"...

19 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Herein lies the 3 years of argument over Tyrod Taylor.

Very few QBs in the NFL truly "elevate" their teams in the way you're describing.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Big Ben are probably the only ones who do it with any consistency.

Most NFL starting QBs need their NFL offensive teammates to be consistently playing to an NFL starting level. (And I'll disregard the negative connotations of the word "mediocre" you used for Taylor and accept it for it's literal meaning--that Taylor was a middle of the road QB, which is precisely what he was for 3 years)

That wasn't what happened in 2017 for the Buffalo Bills, with the exception of Shady, of course.

So OBD is taking the approach of swinging for the fences with Allen, hoping he turns into the Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Big Ben of tomorrow. 

It's a gamble, but while the risk is there, the reward is very high.

That approach is the reason Tyrod is gone.

WRONG.  Tons of QB's do it.  

Not a ton do it often.  Tyrod does it never.

On 6/10/2018 at 9:06 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...this is like watching "I Love Lucy" re-runs...............

Grossly overrated yet a small population clings to the belief it was really good — nice analogy!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

WRONG.  Tons of QB's do it.  

Not a ton do it often.  Tyrod does it never.

Titans & Texans games in 2015.

Shoulda been the Seahawks and 2nd Dolphin game of 2016 except for monumental team/coaching/ref failures.

Bucs game of 2017.

Not never. He just doesn't do it often, just like a ton of other QBs.

Let's hope Allen does it often :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Titans & Texans games in 2015.

Shoulda been the Seahawks and 2nd Dolphin game of 2016 except for monumental team/coaching/ref failures.

Bucs game of 2017.

Not never. He just doesn't do it often, just like a ton of other QBs.

Let's hope Allen does it often :thumbsup:

10/17 for 109 yards and a TD is not what I'd consider "elevating."

But let's both hope Allen does a little more than that too.

6 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

10/17 for 109 yards and a TD is not what I'd consider "elevating."

But let's both hope Allen does a little more than that too.

Did we not win or lose that game essentially because of Taylor "elevating" at critical moments trailing late in the 4th quarter?

But...

ya know...

STATS!!!! :doh:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Delusional 

Benched for poor play leaving us with Peterman 

130 yard easily winnable playoff game 

I don't think the Jags defense is easy to win against. They got where they got on their defense just like us. It was ugly for both sides and honestly Bortles running ability won them the game. That being said a decent QB should of eeked out that game we were only a few plays away.

Gordon: Browns boast 'best receiving corps' in league

... But what about the remodeled receiving corps on the winless Browns? Josh Gordon thinks his unit deserves more respect. Way more respect.

"[The Browns] have the best receiving corps in the league, in my opinion, already, just based off of talent alone," Gordon told reporters during mandatory minicamp Tuesday. "So you put in the playbook and some guys that are hungry enough to go do it and hopefully you can go out there and show and prove that. That's just my opinion, but we're not short on talent at the wide receiver position at all."

When pressed to respond to his teammate's confident assertion, new Browns wideout Jarvis Landrydoubled down, telling The Athletic, "He ain't lying." 

That's high praise from Gordon and Landry for a pass-catching crew that has yet to play a full 60 minutes together. ...

this should be good. when the bullets begin to fly for reals and Tyrod gets his yips going, there is going to be something else flying about.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did we not win or lose that game essentially because of Taylor "elevating" at critical moments trailing late in the 4th quarter?

But...

ya know...

STATS!!!! :doh:

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

who cares if we won or not? It's if you threw for 300 yards is what counts.

Offensive production does matter.

Oh well.