Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

HOUSE

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think because there is no acknowledgement of his strengths when bashing the guy. The intangibles.  Of course people saw his faults. What do you want?  Brady. The guy was good enough until someone better came along.  Let’s see if that’s the case. What’s weird is you are still whining about him and he is gone!!  

"If ya ain't for us, yer 'gainst us!"

You obviously haven't paid attention to my prior replies in the thread, and just lump me in with Tyrod detractors.  I've said plenty in support of the guy and have repeatedly mentioned he is a middle-ground QB.  In fact, from just a few pages back...

ll take this one step further.  With people polarized, some people here get real upset if you don't see TT the same way they do.  I've said I think he's baseline, he doesn't make big plays to win, and doesn't make big mistakes to lose.  He elevates teams below .500 and drags teams above .500 down.  In my opinion, the Bills finally outgrew him, and the 1-31 Browns are a perfect fit for him.

But yes, by all means, since I'm not a full-blown TT supporter, I must be a detractor that hates him.  The irony is...you just perfectly validated the claim I made.

10 hours ago, The Red King said:

"If ya ain't for us, yer 'gainst us!"

You obviously haven't paid attention to my prior replies in the thread, and just lump me in with Tyrod detractors.  I've said plenty in support of the guy and have repeatedly mentioned he is a middle-ground QB.  In fact, from just a few pages back...

But yes, by all means, since I'm not a full-blown TT supporter, I must be a detractor that hates him.  The irony is...you just perfectly validated the claim I made.

It goes both ways man. I’m perfectly okay with the move from the old qb but the minute I call somebody on their BS when they start spouting off about how absolutely awful he was they start throwing around the douchey “COT” acronym. 

Ive literally prefaced posts by saying I’m ready to move on from him but I don’t agree with some over the top posters claiming he was a RB in a qb’s clothing and have gotten labeled as a lover or COT or whatever else. It’s absolutley absurd. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that I'll move on as a poster, but keep an eye on it as a mod.

While it's football-relevant and people are more-or-less civil to each other, the way to let it die is....

Stop Posting In It!

Or the mod could lock it since Tyrod is no longer on the team and this thread only brings out the same old arguments/fighting  that have been going on for years. End the madness and let the new era begin.

This thread is more about the Imploding of the COT still trying to prove the great Tyrod exists.

32 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

Yea I saw this tweet earlier and thought "wow, he's giving Ben the finger"..lol

Ben is going to try to beat them by 600 points

the Browns talking trash has been comedy gold this summer 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It goes both ways man. I’m perfectly okay with the move from the old qb but the minute I call somebody on their BS when they start spouting off about how absolutely awful he was they start throwing around the douchey “COT” acronym. 

Ive literally prefaced posts by saying I’m ready to move on from him but I don’t agree with some over the top posters claiming he was a RB in a qb’s clothing and have gotten labeled as a lover or COT or whatever else. It’s absolutley absurd. 

It does go both ways.  If you saw my prior posts I called out both TT supporters and detractors.

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ben is going to try to beat them by 600 points

the Browns talking trash has been comedy gold this summer 

he had Romo, Bledsoe and Testeverde in Dallas (WR coach tho); Kurt Warner while in Arizona (lost the Sb when there as OC) and Big Ben during his years in Pit also OC...guess none of them are better the Tyrod Taylor and a rookie

Edited by Tsaikotic

19 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Its really not that hard to understand.....

He was a bill

We are fans of the bills

We want our players to do well

He is no longer a bill

What I dont understand is the blatant hatred for the guy.....as a human being he really is not a hard person to like....he exemplifies the "pool yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality that some of us have lived our our lives.....some of us identify with him......he turned himself from a late round pick into a starter for a professional football team and managed to qb a team to a playoff birth

Sadly......it just was not good enough....those of us that had much respect for the guy wished that he could take that next step in his development and be the guy WE wanted.....but in the end he had reached his ceiling and was not going to improve.....

What I am not liking right now is the chip on his shoulder now seems to have been pointed towards the Buffalo Bills.....who frankly Tyrod should be just thanking for giving him the opportunity (much like Cog) in that there is a strong possibility that without that particular ideal time and situation for him he would not have gotten the opportunity to turn it into a lucrative contract.   He could have easily fallen into that group of extreme athletes that were not qbs playing the qb postiion that never got their shot.....

He did....he should thank the bills for it and move on and concentrate on his new team.

Tyrod to the Bills:

I really don't like you.  I feel bad for you.

The Bills to Tyrod:

Image result for i don't think about you at all gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Tyrod to the Bills:

I really don't like you.  I feel bad for you.

The Bills to Tyrod:

Image result for i don't think about you at all gif

Damn I thought this thread would actually die overnight.

@ Stank Nasty it was 11 hours dead... why bump it? :doh:

Everyone should bother watching the 7 minute interview some of you are so up-in-arms about. He was asked a direct, leading question about the Bills:

"You don't get this far without fire. There's gotta be something that burns inside you. How motivated are you to prove that they were wrong to trade you from a playoff team?"

And Taylor basically followed that up saying he expects the Bills to make the playoffs.

There was nothing vindictive or spiteful--unlike what's happening in this thread--he was just asked a leading question that had a pretty obvious answer to it and was more diplomatic than I think anyone could ever expect.

How the hell did some of you expect him to respond to that?

Get over it people. Some of you are still so spiteful about Taylor, who's now been gone over 3 months, that you're altering reality.

• Like (+1) 1

If he knocks us out of the playoffs two years in a row that would be impressive.  Of course the chances of the Bills and Browns playing each other in the playoffs are about the same as Bill Cosby getting another sitcom.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If he knocks us out of the playoffs two years in a row that would be impressive.  Of course the chances of the Bills and Browns playing each other in the playoffs are about the same as Bill Cosby getting another sitcom.

I heard he's getting a new one with Rosanne and O.J...  XD

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Everyone should bother watching the 7 minute interview some of you are so up-in-arms about. He was asked a direct, leading question about the Bills:

"You don't get this far without fire. There's gotta be something that burns inside you. How motivated are you to prove that they were wrong to trade you from a playoff team?"

And Taylor basically followed that up saying he expects the Bills to make the playoffs.

There was nothing vindictive or spiteful--unlike what's happening in this thread--he was just asked a leading question that had a pretty obvious answer to it and was more diplomatic than I think anyone could ever expect.

Get over it people. Some of you are still so spiteful about Taylor, who's now been gone over 3 months, that you're altering reality.

I didn't expect Taylor to respond any other way.  I just think it's funny when backup QB's talk ****.

Chase Daniel saying that he's gonna create a new playoff drought in Buffalo would be just as funny.

Edited by BringBackOrton

13 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

he had Romo, Bledsoe and Testeverde in Dallas (WR coach tho); Kurt Warner while in Arizona (lost the Sb when there as OC) and Big Ben during his years in Pit also OC...guess none of them are better the Tyrod Taylor and a rookie

When coaches and players say "QB room" they usually mean how they get along, coachable, all QB's get along well, productive interactions between all, egos left at the door, etc etc...….

not about talent. 

Edited by cba fan

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I watched the video today. Dude looks more jacked up for sure. I'd probably never diss him about that 3 point playoff game to his face.

Wish it had been different for Tyrod in Buffalo because he really is a good guy. I have no problems with what he's saying. One door closes and another opens. He might find he fits in Cleveland or some other team in the future. 

I never doubted that Tyrod gave his all to win. It just didn't end up helping the team win as much as I would have liked. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Will Tyrod Taylor or AJ McCarron have a better 2018?

This NFL offseason featured several veteran quarterback transactions, which included AJ McCarron signing with the Buffalo Bills and Tyrod Taylor being traded by the Bills to the Cleveland Browns. Both McCarron and Taylor enter similar situations in that they will be fighting for playing time along with newly-drafted rookies who hope to become their respective franchises’ future long-term quarterbacks. But, who is better set up with the tools to have the more successful 2018 campaign?

On 6/17/2018 at 4:29 AM, Lfod said:

Wish it had been different for Tyrod in Buffalo because he really is a good guy. I have no problems with what he's saying. One door closes and another opens. He might find he fits in Cleveland or some other team in the future. 

I never doubted that Tyrod gave his all to win. It just didn't end up helping the team win as much as I would have liked. 

This may be the most rational and reasonable thing anyone on this message board has ever written about Tyrod.