Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

HOUSE

Season needs to start so the TT haters can turn on the next qb. 

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...more concerned with what happens between the stripes versus yips and yaps.......unfortunately, he did not have to skill set to make the passing game a viable, consistent threat, primarily downfield.....ONLY color downfield was GREEN.....BLACK or WHITE don't make a damn bit of difference....

He did his best and it was enough to get this mediocre team into the playoffs somehow. Just be grateful.  And he is gone. You should be happy. 

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...more concerned with what happens between the stripes versus yips and yaps.......unfortunately, he did not have to skill set to make the passing game a viable, consistent threat, primarily downfield.....ONLY color downfield was GREEN.....BLACK or WHITE don't make a damn bit of difference....

And yet, when the Bills actually put a downfield receiver on the field with him, he had one of the best long-ball arms in the NFL. Hell, they even made a (very lame) Toyota commercial out of the fact. But I guess his "skill set" just vanished from his body at precisely the exact time the team forgot to give him a target to throw to. Pretty amazing coincidence, eh?

Of course don't be surprised if that "skill set" reanimates in the upcoming season. Of course, the Browns having receivers who aren't hospital cases or practice squad scrubs will just be another darn coincidence......

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Have you read any of the Peterman Starts prediction thread?

AJ ?NP? who sucks worse ?

basing opinions off air. I do it too of course. But some folks can get testy defending their House of thinking.

Fans will be screaming for Allen and booing some one by the  third     1st  loss . one feature of humanity i struggle with.

Cheer the laundry, and watch the Process.

Go Bills

Just now, grb said:

And yet, when the Bills actually put a downfield receiver on the field with him, he had one of the best long-ball arms in the NFL. Hell, they even made a (very lame) Toyota commercial out of the fact. But I guess his "skill set" just vanished from body at precisely the exact time the team forgot to give him a target to throw to. Pretty amazing coincidence, eh?

Of course don't be surprised if that "skill set" reanimates in the upcoming season. Of course, the Browns having receivers who aren't hospital cases or practice squad scrubs will just be another darn coincidence......

I might be glancing towards the Browns during the season. I usually just follow Bills these days.

But who doesn't love an Underdog ! and Browns epitomize that : )
and Cleveland has held that moniker for a rather long while as epic bad records and hopelessness.
Yep. might have to watch the box scores for Northern Ohio NFL Football teams

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Have you read any of the Peterman Starts prediction thread?

AJ ?NP? who sucks worse ?

basing opinions off air. I do it too of course. But some folks can get testy defending their House of thinking.

Fans will be screaming for Allen and booing some one by the  third     1st  loss . one feature of humanity i struggle with.

Cheer the laundry, and watch the Process.

Go Bills

I thought the point in tossing Tyrod and getting a high-draft choice quarterback was everyone would finally grow-up, and stop using the qb as a whipping boy for team-wide dysfunction. I doubt if anyone can prosper with the Bills' offense this year, whether Allen is ready or not, whether Peterman is beyond '17 or not, whether McCarron surprises or not. There's something perverse about setting your quarterback up to fail, then ripping your hair out / screeching when the inevitable results.

Bonus points if you seem to take masochistic pleasure in the ritual.

So many posters here appear to do so.

Edited by grb

23 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

He did his best and it was enough to get this mediocre team into the playoffs somehow. Just be grateful.  And he is gone. You should be happy. 

.why not be?.....kid had a helluva work ethic, was a good teammate and did his best, but it didn't work out, unfortunately...what MORE could you ask for IMO?....certainly hope his new start/new venue moves him closer to is NFL dream of being a starting NFL QB...no harm no foul here....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.why not be?.....kid had a helluva work ethic, was a good teammate and did his best, but it didn't work out, unfortunately...what MORE could you ask for IMO?....certainly hope his new start/new venue moves him closer to is NFL dream of being a starting NFL QB...no harm no foul here....

There's something so very Billsy about saying Cleveland gives Taylor the chance to start for an honest-to-god real NFL team....... 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

After you good sir.   

People look at this thread with negativity and limited vision.

Heard of the Eternal Flame?

Think something like that.......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, grb said:

I thought the point in tossing Tyrod and getting a high-draft choice quarterback was everyone would finally grow-up, and stop using the qb as a whipping boy for team-wide dysfunction

The “team wide”dysfunction that held the jags to 10 points ? 

That makes plenty of sense in excuseville.  

17-37 130 yards = solo dysfunction

Doug Marrone slapped that fool silly 

Browns open up with Steelers and saints.  I’d get the excuses ready for week 1 and 2.  

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, grb said:

There's something so very Billsy about saying Cleveland gives Taylor the chance to start for an honest-to-god real NFL team....... 

So...a team that went 0-16 is an honest-to-god real NFL team, while a team that went 9-7 with a playoff birth isn't?  Am I misreading something here?

The trade is good for both teams and TT.  Tyrod had no faith in Buffalo's receivers, refusing to throw deep even when his receivers did get open, and refusing to throw into anything resembling cover.  That confidence wasn't going to magically reappear this offseason.  Had Tyrod stayed, we'd see the exact same frustrating ultra-conservative play this season.  Going to Cleveland gives Tyrod a new group of receivers.  Hopefully ones he can have faith in, which will allow him to loosen up and throw deep again.  Note, I'm saying different receivers, not better ones.  I think our receivers are better then Tyrod gave them credit for.  But warranted or not...TT had no faith in them, he wasn't going to do any better if we kept him.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

So...a team that went 0-16 is an honest-to-god real NFL team, while a team that went 9-7 with a playoff birth isn't?  Am I misreading something here?

The trade is good for both teams and TT.  Tyrod had no faith in Buffalo's receivers, refusing to throw deep even when his receivers did get open, and refusing to throw into anything resembling cover.  That confidence wasn't going to magically reappear this offseason.  Had Tyrod stayed, we'd see the exact same frustrating ultra-conservative play this season.  Going to Cleveland gives Tyrod a new group of receivers.  Hopefully ones he can have faith in, which will allow him to loosen up and throw deep again.  Note, I'm saying different receivers, not better ones.  I think our receivers are better then Tyrod gave them credit for.  But warranted or not...TT had no faith in them, he wasn't going to do any better if we kept him.

I was responding to this "certainly hope his new start/new venue moves him closer to (his) NFL dream of being a starting NFL QB"  To be fair, maybe OldTimeAFLGuy just got a little clunky in his phrasing - something I'm guilty of often. Otherwise it's a kinda strange statement.

And yes, the trade was good for both parties, though please excuse me if I find your reasoning ludicrous. (One of the best deep-ball passers in the NFL lost the ability to throw deep because he .... (dramatic pause) .... "lost faith"...... give. me. a. break..... Bottom line? The Bills were always going to see Taylor as a year-by-year expedient, they were always going to treat him poorly, and they were happy letting offensive talent drain from the team with Taylor as an excuse. None of which was good for either side.

No one knows what Allen will become, but lets assume the worse and say his first two years are :

•   83 of 218,   38.1%,  1410 yds,  6.5 ypa,  6  tds,  24 ints
  • 203 of 373,  54.4%,  2259 yds,  6.1 ypa, 13 tds,  21 ints

Then maybe he becomes the four-time Super Bowl champion, one year MVP and twice season TD-throwing leader Terry Bradshaw. The Steelers committed to him, they built a team around him, and championships resulted. Or look at the current Pittsburgh quarterback: Roethlisberger whined about "wasting" a pick on Rudolph because he (BR) is a jerk, but the Steelers also spent a 2nd & 3rd round pick on receiver and o-linesman. Neither position was close to a need, but Pittsburgh has continually re-stocked and re-loaded to give their guy everything he needs to succeed. It helps to have someone who is "your guy" so you start taking responsibility for supporting & building around him. Otherwise you're just sitting around with your thumb (in an awkward place) - perhaps inventing lame-o theories (faith ?!?!).

I was living in the Washington area when RGIII and Cousins were drafted. After Griffin's injury the Redskins played Cousins and weren't entirely satisfied. Later they tried Cousins two or three more times, at one point benching him for Colt McCoy. Sometime during all that, the idea he wasn't "their guy" burrowed into their brains, and no matter how much Kirk lit it up afterwards, that idea could never be dislodged. That's how Washington bungled thru multiple franchise tags before paying out the same money for Smith and, to my eye, getting the worse of the deal. You don't wanna make it too complicated. Taylor is gone. Allen is the guy. Look to the future and work to make it happen.

(also: don't waste time worrying if Allen has "faith" in his receivers. please)

Edited by grb

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Classy. I like it. 

7 minutes ago, grb said:

I was responding to this "certainly hope his new start/new venue moves him closer to (his) NFL dream of being a starting NFL QB"  To be fair, maybe OldTimeAFLGuy just got a little clunky in his phrasing - something I'm guilty of often. Otherwise it's a kinda strange statement.

And yes, the trade was good for both parties, though please excuse me if I find your reasoning ludicrous. (One of the best deep-ball passers in the NFL lost the ability to throw deep because he .... (dramatic pause) .... "lost faith"...... give. me. a. break..... Bottom line? The Bills were always going to see Taylor as a year-by-year expedient, they were always going to treat him poorly, and they were happy letting offensive talent drain from the team with Taylor as an excuse. None of which was good for either side.

No one knows what Allen will become, but lets assume the worse and say his first two years are :

•   83 of 218,   38.1%,  1410 yds,  6.5 ypa,  6  tds,  24 ints
  • 203 of 373,  54.4%,  2259 yds,  6.1 ypa, 13 tds,  21 ints

Then maybe he becomes the four-time Super Bowl champion, one year MVP and twice season TD-throwing leader Terry Bradshaw. The Steelers committed to him, they built a team around him, and championships resulted. Or look at the current Pittsburgh quarterback: Roethlisberger whined about "wasting" a pick on Rudolph because he (BR) is a jerk, but the Steelers also spent a 2nd & 3rd round pick on receiver and o-linesman. Neither position was close to a need, but Pittsburgh has continually re-stocked and re-loaded to give their guy everything he needs to succeed. It helps to have someone who is "your guy" so you start taking responsibility for supporting & building around him. Otherwise you're just sitting around with your thumb (in an awkward place) - perhaps inventing lame-o theories (faith ?!?!).

I was living in the Washington area when RGIII and Cousins were drafted. After Griffin's injury the Redskins played Cousins and weren't entirely satisfied. Later they tried Cousins two or three more times, at one point benching him for Colt McCoy. Sometime during all that, the idea he wasn't "their guy" burrowed into their brains, and no matter how much Kirk lit it up afterwards, that idea could never be dislodged. That's how Washington bungled thru multiple franchise tags before paying out the same money for Smith and, to my eye, getting the worse of the deal. You don't wanna make it too complicated. Taylor is gone. Allen is the guy. Look to the future and work to make it happen.

(also: don't waste time worrying if Allen has "faith" in his receivers. please)

...and this is why talking to Tyrod supporters vexes me.  What I said cast TT in the best light possible.  Game film showed that he had receivers open deep a nunber of plays and he never pulled the trigger.  That's not speculation, watch The 22, or hell, even just the game broadcasts.  So, the question is...why didn't he throw?  I chalk it up to lack of confidence in the receiver corp.  I even made it clear that lack of confidence might be justified, even if in my opinion it wasn't.

So, you tell me...game film showed TT had receivers open deep that he just didn't throw to.  Now, let's go with your claim that it wasn't lack of confidence in the receivers.  Now, that means there was a number of plays TT has receivers that he trusted open deep...and didn't throw.  Why?  Now...the remaining answers look less charitable for Tyrod...as they are all indicitive of flaws in him...not seeing the open receiver, not being decisive enough to be able to commit to the pass...not trusting himself to throw accurately (remember, you said he trusted his receivers).  So...if he trusted his receivers, as you claim...why did he still refuse to throw to them when they got open?

I swear, some Tyrod supporters really don't think things through, content to lash out at any anti-TT sentiment without actually considering what was said...

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

...and this is why talking to Tyrod supporters vexes me.  What I said cast TT in the best light possible.  Game film showed that he had receivers open deep a nunber of plays and he never pulled the trigger.  That's not speculation, watch The 22, or hell, even just the game broadcasts.  So, the question is...why didn't he throw?  I chalk it up to lack of confidence in the receiver corp.  I even made it clear that lack of confidence might be justified, even if in my opinion it wasn't.

So, you tell me...game film showed TT had receivers open deep that he just didn't throw to.  Now, let's go with your claim that it wasn't lack of confidence in the receivers.  Now, that means there was a number of plays TT has receivers that he trusted open deep...and didn't throw.  Why?  Now...the remaining answers look less charitable for Tyrod...as they are all indicitive of flaws in him...not seeing the open receiver, not being decisive enough to be able to commit to the pass...not trusting himself to throw accurately (remember, you said he trusted his receivers).  So...if he trusted his receivers, as you claim...why did he still refuse to throw to them when they got open?

I swear, some Tyrod supporters really don't think things through, content to lash out at any anti-TT sentiment without actually considering what was said...

I think because there is no acknowledgement of his strengths when bashing the guy. The intangibles.  Of course people saw his faults. What do you want?  Brady. The guy was good enough until someone better came along.  Let’s see if that’s the case. What’s weird is you are still whining about him and he is gone!!