Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

HOUSE

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...how the hell does anybody hate a kid chasing his NFL dream, specifically to be a starting NFL QB?....doesn't get any more repulsive or ignorant (same boat Peterman kid is in)......the kid just did not have the knack to make the passing game a viable, consistent threat especially downfield......five seconds to work with in reads & progressions is overwhelmingly SHORT....some can, most cannot.....he's moved on to a fresh start and allegedly Hugh is a QB/Offensive guru......certainly hope he can point the kid in the right direction towards the next level.....doesn't get any simpler than that IMO.....

Looking at both sides of this...I can see how a fan would be offput if they felt TT pulled the race card in a interview.

I actually dismissed that at the time...but didnt like his last interview taking a dig at his old team.

And I was president of the TT fan club at a certain point and brought the punch and pie

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

But why continue to defend him after he is no longer part of the TEAM and say things along the lines of, just watch he going to take the browns to the playoffs and the bills will end up with the first pick in the draft? You understand that? If you do please explain, I just dont get it. Thats the blind love I dont get. 

Why take shots at him after he is no longer part of the team? Especially ones that are blatantly false and easily proven to be? I'm not saying you specifically have done that, but most people aren't just popping up randomly to defend anyone. It's prompted by someone else who usually feels the need to take an unnecessary dig to continue to drive the agenda they've been pushing for the past 3 years. He's gone and people need to let it go, but certain folks on both sides just can't seem to stop bringing him up.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Its really not that hard to understand.....

He was a bill

We are fans of the bills

We want our players to do well

He is no longer a bill

What I dont understand is the blatant hatred for the guy.....as a human being he really is not a hard person to like....he exemplifies the "pool yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality that some of us have lived our our lives.....some of us identify with him......he turned himself from a late round pick into a starter for a professional football team and managed to qb a team to a playoff birth

Sadly......it just was not good enough....those of us that had much respect for the guy wished that he could take that next step in his development and be the guy WE wanted.....but in the end he had reached his ceiling and was not going to improve.....

What I am not liking right now is the chip on his shoulder now seems to have been pointed towards the Buffalo Bills.....who frankly Tyrod should be just thanking for giving him the opportunity (much like Cog) in that there is a strong possibility that without that particular ideal time and situation for him he would not have gotten the opportunity to turn it into a lucrative contract.   He could have easily fallen into that group of extreme athletes that were not qbs playing the qb postiion that never got their shot.....

He did....he should thank the bills for it and move on and concentrate on his new team.

I agree with a lot of this.  However the Bills did not "give" him anything. He earned it.

He was a good Bill and left the Bills in a better place than he found them.  Hopefully JA, AJ, and Nasty Nate will be able to say the same although it is far from guaranteed.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Its really not that hard to understand.....

He was a bill

We are fans of the bills

We want our players to do well

He is no longer a bill

What I dont understand is the blatant hatred for the guy.....as a human being he really is not a hard person to like....he exemplifies the "pool yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality that some of us have lived our our lives.....some of us identify with him......he turned himself from a late round pick into a starter for a professional football team and managed to qb a team to a playoff birth

Sadly......it just was not good enough....those of us that had much respect for the guy wished that he could take that next step in his development and be the guy WE wanted.....but in the end he had reached his ceiling and was not going to improve.....

What I am not liking right now is the chip on his shoulder now seems to have been pointed towards the Buffalo Bills.....who frankly Tyrod should be just thanking for giving him the opportunity (much like Cog) in that there is a strong possibility that without that particular ideal time and situation for him he would not have gotten the opportunity to turn it into a lucrative contract.   He could have easily fallen into that group of extreme athletes that were not qbs playing the qb postiion that never got their shot.....

He did....he should thank the bills for it and move on and concentrate on his new team.

I don't think he exemplifies the ""pool (pull) yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality at all.... 

He was more of a guy who worked hard in practice, but did as little as possible in games. He tried to skate by playing it as safe as possible, trying to do just barely enough in hopes the defense & others would get us a win. The word "risk" was not in his vocabulary.

And I don't think people "hate" him, especially not as a human being, rather they hated the defense of him & his play style by those who refused to think objectively. 

I never hated Tyrod, but by year 3, I was one of his biggest detractors. There's not a single thing about Tyrod the person I hate. I also appreciate & respect him as a former Bills player. He played for our team, I supported him & hoped for the best while he was here, but I still acknowledge he wasn't a good QB.

I wish him the best in Cleveland, and hope he brings them at least mild success (or at least similar records as he brought us), as that would be 100 times better than what they've had in recent years. Just glad he's not a Bills player anymore (although I wouldn't say our QB play will be an improvement this year either).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

I don't think he exemplifies the ""pool (pull) yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality at all.... 

He was more of a guy who worked hard in practice, but did as little as possible in games. He tried to skate by playing it as safe as possible, trying to do just barely enough in hopes the defense & others would get us a win. The word "risk" was not in his vocabulary.

And I don't think people "hate" him, especially not as a human being, rather they hated the defense of him & his play style by those who refused to think objectively. 

I never hated Tyrod, but by year 3, I was one of his biggest detractors. There's not a single thing about Tyrod the person I hate. I also appreciate & respect him as a former Bills player. He played for our team, I supported him & hoped for the best while he was here, but I still acknowledge he wasn't a good QB.

I wish him the best in Cleveland, and hope he brings them at least mild success (or at least similar records as he brought us), as that would be 100 times better than what they've had in recent years. Just glad he's not a Bills player anymore (although I wouldn't say our QB play will be an improvement this year either).

You are entitled to your opinion

Edited by John from Riverside
cuz common sense got the better of me

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Nobody really cares what you think...your takes are beyond horrible.

Right. 

Coming from the resident homer. Perhaps just ignore my posts next time instead of being an edgelord. Careful, don't cut yourself being an internet badass.

Edited by BigDingus

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

.....What I am not liking right now is the chip on his shoulder now seems to have been pointed towards the Buffalo Bills.....who frankly Tyrod should be just thanking for giving him the opportunity (much like Cog).....

Pruned to highlight the point I want to address...

I think way too much is being made out of a comment arising from an elite athlete's natural competitiveness.  Being a far cry from an elite athlete myself, I don't pretend to understand it, but when an athlete is dropped by one team and picked up by another, it seems pretty standard that they want to come back and show that first team what it's missing.  I don't see what's so inappropriate, on either Cog's part or Taylor's. 

Gratitude for a chance is one thing, wanting to dominate as an athlete is intrinsic to these guys or they wouldn't be where they are.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Yowza.  I couldn't disagree more with a take.  I don't see how anyone who watched Tyrod run, and fight to extend plays - risking the concussion he got in Jax and other injuries - could claim he was "playing it as safe as possible" and "trying to do just barely enough" or that "the word risk was not in his vocabulary"

I think you're mixing up the effect (Tyrod wouldn't throw to open receivers downfield, or throw guys open) with the causes.  The causes IMO were varied, but included IMO Tyrod simply having trouble reading the D and reacting quickly enough to identify his likely mismatch.  I also think he needed to really trust his WR (moreso than other guys) to take a shot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I've never seen anything close to blatant hatred for Taylor, but I have seen this gross mischaracterization of his critics many times, which has probably led to more vociferous critique of Taylor's play than otherwise might have happened.

The anti-Taylor criticism has rarely if ever been personal in nature and it's usually very consistent:  He's a mediocre passer in a league where having that limitation places a hard ceiling on the team's potential.

Have you read Gugny's posts ?

lol

31 minutes ago, Bob&Doug said:

DIE THREAD DIE !!!!!!!!

NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Pruned to highlight the point I want to address...

I think way too much is being made out of a comment arising from an elite athlete's natural competitiveness.  Being a far cry from an elite athlete myself, I don't pretend to understand it, but when an athlete is dropped by one team and picked up by another, it seems pretty standard that they want to come back and show that first team what it's missing.  I don't see what's so inappropriate, on either Cog's part or Taylor's. 

Gratitude for a chance is one thing, wanting to dominate as an athlete is intrinsic to these guys or they wouldn't be where they are.

it really was a basic response. One of a competitor.
Some have begun to argue with ourselves here more than just taking his more recent comments at face value.

42 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I always felt he wanted to win as much as anyone or more.

His running game showed that. ( His best skillset perhaps one might argue ) lol
 How he played the pass game the third season was befuddling to me. 

Bills needed to move on. They did.

Best wishes Tyrod Taylor !

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yowza.  I couldn't disagree more with a take.  I don't see how anyone who watched Tyrod run, and fight to extend plays - risking the concussion he got in Jax and other injuries - could claim he was "playing it as safe as possible" and "trying to do just barely enough" or that "the word risk was not in his vocabulary"

I think you're mixing up the effect (Tyrod wouldn't throw to open receivers downfield, or throw guys open) with the causes.  The causes IMO were varied, but included IMO Tyrod simply having trouble reading the D and reacting quickly enough to identify his likely mismatch.  I also think he needed to really trust his WR (moreso than other guys) to take a shot.

oops, i had not read all the way through again !

This better shows my opinion on Taylor as a Bill. right down to the last sentence.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I've never seen anything close to blatant hatred for Taylor, but I have seen this gross mischaracterization of his critics many times, which has probably led to more vociferous critique of Taylor's play than otherwise might have happened.

The anti-Taylor criticism has rarely if ever been personal in nature and it's usually very consistent:  He's a mediocre passer in a league where having that limitation places a hard ceiling on the team's potential.

Other posts in this thread say "Hi!"

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jocks eat this whole "chip on your shoulder" thing up.  it's how they motivate themselves.  Coaches thrive on it as well "they said we couldn't do it" blah blah blah.  It's even part of "The Process".   It was used to great effect by Coach McDermott and the guys last year and will too this year.

I think it silly that people have a problem with it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

By popular request we all need to let it go.   

That sounds like a resounding LOCK THIS THREAD request.  

What do you think @Hapless Bills Fan?

I think that I'll move on as a poster, but keep an eye on it as a mod.

While it's football-relevant and people are more-or-less civil to each other, the way to let it die is....

Stop Posting In It!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Looking at both sides of this...I can see how a fan would be offput if they felt TT pulled the race card in a interview.

I actually dismissed that at the time...but didnt like his last interview taking a dig at his old team.

And I was president of the TT fan club at a certain point and brought the punch and pie

...more concerned with what happens between the stripes versus yips and yaps.......unfortunately, he did not have to skill set to make the passing game a viable, consistent threat, primarily downfield.....ONLY color downfield was GREEN.....BLACK or WHITE don't make a damn bit of difference....