Tyrod Taylor: I still feel that I’d done more than enough to stay

38 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Here we go teddy!   Funny how he got to the playoffs and you still can’t be grateful.  No playoff game is easily winnable. Shows how much you don’t know 

Scoring 10 points in 4 quarters is hard for an NFL team ? 

??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

???

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m just glad the Dolphins doctors passed on him. Can you IMAGINE? Brady AND Brees in division for that many years? Just the thought makes me queezy......

(I’m think he had a questionable labrum, BTW) 

yea we would have been screwed, but at least maybe with both in AFCE the Pats*** wouldnt have won the AFCE title 100 years in a row...

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you're spot on here.  If Taylor were benched and the rookie struggled, and the team supported Taylor, that would be divisive as heck in the locker room

Right. Thats bad for business. They invested enough draft capital in JA  to give him the best possible enviornment to flourish and having Tyrod here is counterproductive to that. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think Tyrod liked it here. He liked his teammates. Everyone liked him as well. We gave him 3 years. After those 3 years you still saw the same limitations. One can argue that this past year he had absolutely no weapons. Watkins traded, Woods and Goodwin leave via FA, then the guys we had either underachieved or missed multiple games due to injury. But when watching Tyrod play, you still see the same limitations no matter who is on the field. Great guy, high character, hard worker, great teammate, and gave it his all on the field. He just isn't that Franchise QB we have needed. He hasn't shown in those 3 years the ability to carry a team with his arm. Even now, in this statement, I don't see this as him whining or complaining. I think it is just him expressing his thoughts. Best of luck to Tyrod in Cleveland, except if they ever face us. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

yea we would have been screwed, but at least maybe with both in AFCE the Pats*** wouldnt have won the AFCE title 100 years in a row...

I know it FEELS like 100 years, but I don’t think it’s been much more than 50. 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m just glad the Dolphins doctors passed on him. Can you IMAGINE? Brady AND Brees in division for that many years? Just the thought makes me queezy......

(I’m think he had a questionable labrum, BTW) 

Correct on the labrum.  Also rotator cuff.  Nothing questionable about it, it was unquestionably torn and in addition to surgical repair, Brees required treatment to regain muscle movement.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm really tired of this argument.  Per you, Drew Brees should have been thrown out of the league after 2003: 3 games under 100 passing yards and 4 more under 200 yds (an additional game that just squeaked over that benchmark 202), out of only 11 games started.  Average of only 191 yds passing.  Brees clearly wasn't doing enough to stay on an NFL team.  Ship the bum out of town.  Next year, pro bowl, "comeback player of the year".  Two years later, moves to N'Orleans and the rest is history.

I'm not arguing that the Bills should have kept Tyrod nor that he's Drew Brees, just that the criteria cited are (based on history) not good benchmarks for whether or not a guy is capable of quality QB play in the NFL.

Was that his rookie season? I’m sure if Brees put up those stat lines in year seven lots of people would want to ship him out of town.

40 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

ah yea ok..I wasnt thinking about his time in SD..makes sense now :)

I do remember that i wanted Brees when he was being shopped around or cut  or whatever happened, I forget...just remember wanting him to be a Bill

Yeah.  If only.....but the Bills had just drafted JP Losman, our team K-Mart Blue Light Special.  (Neither.  Brees was a FA and was offered a contract by SD, but NO offered more)

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

Was that his rookie season? I’m sure if Brees put up those stat lines in year seven lots of people would want to ship him out of town.

Third season in the NFL, 2nd as a starter.  And lots of people did want to ship him out of town, including the SD FO who drafted a QB in the 1st that year.

I don't think Foles would have come here.  I think he wanted to play for someone in the Reid coaching tree.

We could have gone after Keenum, but does anyone think Keenum would have had the year he had in Minnesota under Dennison instead of Shurmer, and throwing to Thompson and Jones instead of Theilen and Diggs? I know I don't.

Our coach does come from the Andy Reid coaching tree.

You are right though, I think the only situation he can possibly be successful in is where he is right now. That Eagles team is totally loaded, and coached up to the n'th degree so much so that even E.J Manuel would look like an All Pro running that offense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Our coach does come from the Andy Reid coaching tree.

You are right though, I think the only situation he can possibly be successful in is where he is right now. That Eagles team is totally loaded, and coached up to the n'th degree so much so that even E.J Manuel would look like an All Pro running that offense.

I'm sorry, I should have said "an offensive coordinator from the Andy Reid coaching tree", which Dennison most assuredly was NOT

I think Foles would have done pretty well in KC or on the Vikes last year.  Maybe in Houston.  I agree on the right situation, but I think it's more common than n = 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm really tired of this argument.  Per you, Drew Brees should have been thrown out of the league after 2003: 3 games under 100 passing yards and 4 more under 200 yds (an additional game that just squeaked over that benchmark 202), out of only 11 games started.  Average of only 191 yds passing.  Brees clearly wasn't doing enough to stay on an NFL team.  Ship the bum out of town.  Next year, pro bowl, "comeback player of the year".  Two years later, moves to N'Orleans and the rest is history.

I'm not arguing that the Bills should have kept Tyrod nor that he's Drew Brees, just that the criteria cited are (based on history) not good benchmarks for whether or not a guy is capable of quality QB play in the NFL.

Bress did lose his job in 2003 to the guy he beat out in Doug Flutie. To then regain the job by default when Flutie showed he was done as an NFL starter.

Bress did not continue to play like a QB that should be benched. Tyrod on the other hand was not terrible but also not good enough to generate a consistent passing offense.

Edited by cba fan

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sorry, I should have said "an offensive coordinator from the Andy Reid coaching tree", which Dennison most assuredly was NOT

I think Foles would have done pretty well in KC or on the Vikes last year.  Maybe in Houston.  I agree on the right situation, but I think it's more common than n = 1

Nothing to be sorry about. I think you are probably right, about KC or the Vikes. Houston only because of a weak division and solid D.

At the end of the day, this staff showed great discipline and forethought sticking with Tyrod for a year rather than stubbornly going out and getting "their guy" year one.I am still stunned at the genius of the trades to get all the picks, and the great coaching McDermott showed the talent depleted roster halfway through the season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Delusional 

Benched for poor play leaving us with Peterman 

130 yard easily winnable playoff game 

He really is delusional...and that’s the biggest reason the bills needed to move on...if he truly feels he had done enough and the team decided to keep him, the bills were doomed to fail.

• Like (+1) 1

And that's an entirely valid consideration. 

My point is just that I'm tired of hearing low-yardage passing games thrown out as though they're infallable metrics of a QB's NFL quality.

One can not look at a single-season performance of a QB with <100 yd and <200 yd passing games and say "this guy sucks, he doesn't belong on an NFL team".  Or at least, if one did, one would be kicking a number of very high quality NFL QB off the roster.

Now, if you look at film - as you say "what he did or didn't do when passing" and see Taylor missing open WR and struggling with reads and progressions after 3 years as a starter in a way that makes one question whether he's progressed, that would be a good reason to move on.

All metrics in regards to football are fallible.  But Tyrod's low yardage games are a simple way to exemplify how ineffective he was for large stretches.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Would be a top 5 backup Quarterback

Nah. He's a top 25 starter. Just not good enough to win consistently. He should start for bad teams, though.

Good luck in the factory of sadness. You let me down in the Panthers and Jaguars games. I would rather have the 3rd round pick then sit through another game the defense wins for you. 

I don't hold a grudge against you. Turn it up in Cleveland if your so good. Although I mean people should quit asking him about Buffalo. It's like asking a dude about his hot ex girlfriend when he's with the new ugly one. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Keemun here last season? 

He would've sucked and the Bills would've sucked.

Are you so sure of that? Keenum was the highest rated QB outside of the pocket last season. Sure, he wouldn’t have had Theilen and Diggs but he would have had a better running game. I’d take Keenum over Taylor 7 days a week, if your QB offers nothing presnap then you have the wrong guy. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-turning-point/0ap3000000885322/How-a-Keenum-audible-sparked-Vikings-win-NFL-Turning-Point

I think the main reason Tyrod isnt here is how he leads, which comes across mostly by example.

With a rookie qb you plan to develop you would want a more hands on approach from the other qb's 

Josh Allen could have learned a lot from tyrod but it would have been up to himself to watch and learn, mostly training himself

With mccarron he comes across as another qb coach so to speak. In the few interviews I've heard it sounds like he is on board training Allen to be the guy