WGR is ditching its App for Radio.com

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I created an account and haven’t had any issues

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I did not create an account and have no plans to. 

Just did as I said I will and it keeps popping up on top. I have Android in a Samsung. You two?

On June 3, 2018 at 3:58 PM, Idandria said:

Personally, I’ve always used the Tunein radio app to steam WGR and other upstate NY radio stations when I need my fix. 

It it works great; I highly recommend. 

https://tunein.com/

My my girl suggests using tunein and it does work well.

..."my girl" being Alexa.

However, doesn't tunein still utilize the app?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Just did as I said I will and it keeps popping up on top. I have Android in a Samsung. You two?

Same here.  I only installed the radio.com app in case accessing WGR via Tunein  stops working. 

7 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Why would WGR ditch their own app?

This doesn't seem to make any sense. 

It was probably an entercom-wide decision. The local affiliates probably have no say in the matter. Old app was buggy as hell for me at times and the new one does let you download for offline listening. 

All that said, day 1 with strictly the new app and none of the hours have been uploaded yet for the morning show ?

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

It was probably an entercom-wide decision. The local affiliates probably have no say in the matter. Old app was buggy as hell for me at times and the new one does let you download for offline listening. 

All that said, day 1 with strictly the new app and none of the hours have been uploaded yet for the morning show ?

I wonder if that is part of the business plan. I have no clue what the numbers say..but if I was in Buffalo and going to work at 7:15 and had the option of listening live with ads, or listening to first hour on demand with no ads..no brainer to me, I am listening on demand.Get a solid 30 minutes of content as opposed to 17 or so. 

Still baffles me why they do not insert a few ads at the 20 minute mark or so..but glad they do not!

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I wonder if that is part of the business plan. I have no clue what the numbers say..but if I was in Buffalo and going to work at 7:15 and had the option of listening live with ads, or listening to first hour on demand with no ads..no brainer to me, I am listening on demand.Get a solid 30 minutes of content as opposed to 17 or so. 

Still baffles me why they do not insert a few ads at the 20 minute mark or so..but glad they do not!

Ads are usually - as of now anyway if sold by WGR staff - super locally-focused. So they may not be relevant for those of us not in the area. Still wouldn't stop entercom/radio.com to insert more 'national' ads here and there. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The WGR stream will no longer be available on the Tune In Radio as of Friday July 6th.   Radio.com will be the only source with the WGR app already retired.

That's too bad. Radio.com app is a real data hog and takes forever to load. TuneIn is way more efficient.

48 minutes ago, The Tomcat said:

I am not liking this Radio.com app...it really sucks actually.

I am in the same boat as you. Not really digging the new app.