Edmunds getting rave reviews from Leslie Frazier; compared his transition to Tre White

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Likely because most teams feel that LBs are a dime a dozen, as usually they're reliant on what the D-line in front of them do and as long as have enough speed and are strong tacklers you can get away with drafting one later than sooner.  

Never heard that one before. And it wasn’t most teams, it was only 12 teams that didn’t pick a LB before the Bills at 16. 

if the kid comes on as fast as White this could be a top 10 Defense this year .  

I see him in the middle of the field on 3 and 6 type situation and get very excitedan .  Plus i see him running down the field with Gronk and not looking like a dwarf next to him /

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Likely because most teams feel that LBs are a dime a dozen, as usually they're reliant on what the D-line in front of them do and as long as have enough speed and are strong tacklers you can get away with drafting one later than sooner.  

whoa    some teams.  In this Defense he is the perfect player.   I agree in other defenses middle linebackers are not valued.  

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Never heard that one before. And it wasn’t most teams, it was only 12 teams that didn’t pick a LB before the Bills at 16. 

LBs are the RBs of the defense. It's rather obvious, look at the salaries LBs get compared to D-lineman or high end CBs. It's a lot less. 

Edited by The Jokeman

On 5/31/2018 at 11:53 AM, FrankoElTanko said:

The most amazing part is that we still took a shot at a QB... Even if we whiff there, taking Edmunds @ 16 w/o giving up anything next year... Unreal and not very Billsey. It makes me look forward to next year that much more. 

It's the NEW Billsey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's the NEW Billsey.

lets hope we fans don't fire them after this season of not making the playoffs potentially.

i like the trend, even though it is testing some folks patience I suppose !

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

lets hope we fans don't fire them after this season of not making the playoffs potentially.

i like the trend, even though it is testing some folks patience I suppose !

How are people's patience being tested?

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

How are people's patience being tested?

Because the rebuild is taking too long !
Coaches get 3 years in some opinions.

If Allen is not The Franchise QB, and or AJ starts and plays the season there will be plenty of folks calling for McB heads. I have seen it every year.
This regime has hit a reset and let nearly everyone from the past go. It takes time to stabilize a Team under a new staff with new players.

yes i think Bills have done a fine job and i do not mind waiting another year or two as long as we see competence and progress.
Defense looks pretty good on paper right now. Offense ? Not so much.
may not make playoffs this year..
thast what i mean by testing some Fans patience

15 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

If Allen is not The Franchise QB, and or AJ starts and plays the season there will be plenty of folks calling for McB heads. I have seen it every year.
This regime has hit a reset and let nearly everyone from the past go. It takes time to stabilize a Team under a new staff with new players.

yes i think Bills have done a fine job and i do not mind waiting another year or two as long as we see competence and progress.

We got to the playoffs in year 1. I figured that would calm the impatience, especially since fans have been waiting for that for almost two decades.

On 5/31/2018 at 1:00 PM, RyanC883 said:

This could be the biggest steal of the draft.  A couple years from now, my guess is that the "redrafts" have him going top 3.  

With allen going #1 of course

On 5/31/2018 at 12:00 PM, RyanC883 said:

This could be the biggest steal of the draft.  A couple years from now, my guess is that the "redrafts" have him going top 3.  

I agree. IMO, Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, Smith and Edmunds were the cant miss non-QBs in the draft. And getting Edmunds at 16 is likely the biggest steal since the others all went top 8.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I'm not thinking playoffs this season. I'm not ruling it out either. It's not about playoffs to me right now. I want a well run team so I don't feel incompetent managment is why the team fell short. 

I've seen people pushing for Allen to start this season and I am not. I do want a franchise QB but it doesn't have to be specifically Allen as long as it's somebody. So if Allen didn't work out and they found some one who did I wouldn't care. It could be Peterman for all I care if he's lighting up the field. Just making an extreme point when mentioning Peterman. 

I'm not worried about how other people choose to be fans. Some Bills fans are praising the Browns. Fans that are not loyal don't really deserve to be called Bills fans.

I've bought into the culture. As long as that culture is in tact and this team plays with heart I will be supportive. I will be dissapointed in a loss but satisfied that it was a hard fought game with passion. I will love 100% even if it didn't win that day. The other teams are trying to win for thier fans too. 

They can call for McBeanes head and I'll be right here in disagreement. I feel comfortable with McDermott and Beane. I won't be ready to wave the white flag until the fat lady sings. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Lfod said:

I'm not thinking playoffs this season. I'm not ruling it out either. It's not about playoffs to me right now. I want a well run team so I don't feel incompetent managment is why the team fell short. 

I've seen people pushing for Allen to start this season and I am not. I do want a franchise QB but it doesn't have to be specifically Allen as long as it's somebody. So if Allen didn't work out and they found some one who did I wouldn't care. It could be Peterman for all I care if he's lighting up the field. Just making an extreme point when mentioning Peterman. 

I'm not worried about how other people choose to be fans. Some Bills fans are praising the Browns. Fans that are not loyal don't really deserve to be called Bills fans.

I've bought into the culture. As long as that culture is in tact and this team plays with heart I will be supportive. I will be dissapointed in a loss but satisfied that it was a hard fought game with passion. I will love 100% even if it didn't win that day. The other teams are trying to win for thier fans too. 

They can call for McBeanes head and I'll be right here in disagreement. I feel comfortable with McDermott and Beane. I won't be ready to wave the white flag until the fat lady sings. 

We are in agreement on all points presented  !

12 hours ago, Lfod said:

The offense wasn't coached well last year and thus rick got fired. Shows me they are willing to make tough calls. The defense was coached well but didn't have the horses to get it done. Now in year two they do so i will like to see the defense take a big step. The offense lost some horses though pretty unexpectedly so we need to if the guys they brought in can be coached up and play well.  

Bob Babich is coaching Tremaine Edmunds and Urlacher credits babich with much of his success.  Edmunds has the staff behind him that could push him into greatness.  Edmunds could be in for a big career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2