Edmunds getting rave reviews from Leslie Frazier; compared his transition to Tre White

My favorite pick since Beastmode.  Hopefully he works out better.  

Ive never seen a LB with the physical skills that he has.  Now it’s up to the staff to get the most out of those traits 

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

This was my favorite pick in the draft. The kid has it all. Size, speed, skill, work ethic...

I’m looking forward to all the Big plays and awards he earns ?

And he was all of 19 years old at the time of the draft. That’s barely out of HS age.  If my kid was playing HS ball and he was on the field, I’d tell him to run away, fall down, hide or do whatever he had to do to stay safe! 

30 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Am I in the wrong forum? Is this really TBD? There is way too much positivity here. :)

This is the “Through The Looking Glass Forum”. You may be lost. 

Edited by Augie

I am a UGA guy and I wanted Roquan for the Bills. I was watching the UGA vs UK game and watching Roquan take over that game. We all knew McDermott needs a MLB that can be dominant. I didn’t do much research on Edmunds pre draft. I have now like I think many other Bills fans have. Edmunds seems like he good be the better true MLB than Roquan. I say that solely on size and the NFL. Roquan is a little faster than Edmunds on the field, but Edmunds will be able to play the run up the middle a little better. 

I want both of these LB’s to have amazing careers. In 20 years talking about this being a great QB and LB class. 

7 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

I would not be at all surprised if this was the case. He checks a lot of boxes...pedigree, elite size and speed, smarts, work ethic, leadership. It is amazing to think about the fact that he is just 20 years old.

To me 20 is just another plus- it means he still has more upside on frame development as well

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I confess, in my deepest, most implausible fantasies I imagine the Bills having both the OROY and DROY this year.  

I honestly am hoping that Allen doesn't play. If Edmunds is the real deal and they get some luck at the pass rush position I think the defense can be a top 10 unit in the league if not better but as good as the defense can be the offense can be just as bad. I think you run the risk of Allen getting rocked behind a bad O-line and developing bad habits due to tons of pressure. Throw McCarron to the wolves to manage games while Allen just learns the fundamentals on the bench. 

4 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

5 fully capitalized words.

That’s going full tilt.

rocking the keyboard ! Magic fingers !

Rave reviews is a bit dramatic for me at this point.
perhaps " he is quickly and efficiently adjusting to speed, verbiage and regimen of the NFL Football Buffalo Bills.

settin' ya'll self up to get broke hearted already. sheesh.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I honestly am hoping that Allen doesn't play. If Edmunds is the real deal and they get some luck at the pass rush position I think the defense can be a top 10 unit in the league if not better but as good as the defense can be the offense can be just as bad. I think you run the risk of Allen getting rocked behind a bad O-line and developing bad habits due to tons of pressure. Throw McCarron to the wolves to manage games while Allen just learns the fundamentals on the bench. 

Truth is what we have on paper looks kinda scary but I am hoping Allen wins the job and our oline is better than expected.  I think that is the think to hope for. Hoping from a pessemistic perspective isn't really hope is it.

17 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

A lot of Edmunds progress. Is directly linked to the fact he eats wings

with blue cheese. 

It's hard to find blue cheese in the south it seems.  People try to say they have good wings down here but they lose all credibility when I see them dip it in ranch.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

But Edmunds might get hurt!  But Edmunds might tweet something bad!  But Edmunds might take a wrong supplement!

There, now it's a proper off season TBD TSW thread.

Helping here, I never believe a word of the hype for the new draft class.  Media looking to put positive spin...help sell tickets etc.  Show me on the field, then, and only then, will I believe.

• Thank you (+1) 1

i really do think we have a shot at both ROY prizes (full on preseason homer mode for me).

top to bottom on the draft this year the bills selected exceptional athletes/measurable guys.  i don't think we have any real character concern type picks either, all of that leads me to think the coaching staff have supreme confidence that if they are supplied with a stud athlete with a good attitude, they can mold him into an NFL killer and in quick order.

i hope zay jones can come back to earth and play like he was picked, but i can't help but suspect we will be shopping for big dollar WRs next offseason.

20 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

This could be the biggest steal of the draft.  A couple years from now, my guess is that the "redrafts" have him going top 3.  

The question is probably more related to his 5th year option and free agency.

Teams don't typically pay much for MLB's........they are sort of a mirror image of RB's in pay scale.

I liked the pick because I think he has the potential to be a great pass rusher as well as a rangy LB and I'd be surprised if he doesn't eventually want to get on the edge and rush the QB.

Keuchly and Von Miller are probably the most valuable at those positions...........peers in terms of performance........Keuchly is probably even better at what HE does....... and Miller makes damn-near double what Keuchly does.

19 hours ago, pi2000 said:

why wasn't he picked higher?

Likely because most teams feel that LBs are a dime a dozen, as usually they're reliant on what the D-line in front of them do and as long as have enough speed and are strong tacklers you can get away with drafting one later than sooner.  

The best part of both these draft selections is that in the process of getting there the Bills were able to unload players who weren't in their future plans (TT and Glenn in particular) acquiring useful draft picks AND cutting salary at the same time.

Having what the Bills hope turns out to be a Big Ben QB in Allen and a Keuchly type MLB in Edmunds and still have all their 2019 picks and increased salary cap space in 2019 is WIN-WIN all the way around IMHO...