"Josh Allen is blowing people away" - Chris Simms

Estro

Was listening to the Simms & Lefkoe podcast today.  Said he's head from a media source and someone w/in the organization that Allen has been blowing people away (in a good way).  Listen for yourself.  It begins exactly at 40:26

• Like (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 4

What Simms had to say all sounds good to me. He said Allen is supposedly 'wowwing everyone on all sorts of levels'. If thats true then we all are in store for one helluva player.

Just like everyone I can't wait for the season to start & to see what this team looks like.

One thing that made me facepalm a bit tho with the podcast is the one guy bringing up the stupid tweets again. I've never really considered Allens tweets to be anything really serious, but i do hate how often these media types like to throw it out there, just in the hopes for some controversy or something.

Of course after Allen wins his 6th Superbowl they won't even remember those tweets.

Anyways, thanks for sharing & GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

What Simms had to say all sounds good to me. He said Allen is supposedly 'wowwing everyone on all sorts of levels'. If thats true then we all are in store for one helluva player.

Just like everyone I can't wait for the season to start & to see what this team looks like.

One thing that made me facepalm a bit tho with the podcast is the one guy bringing up the stupid tweets again. I've never really considered Allens tweets to be anything really serious, but i do hate how often these media types like to throw it out there, just in the hopes for some controversy or something.

Of course after Allen wins his 6th Superbowl they won't even remember those tweets.

Anyways, thanks for sharing & GO BILLS!

Well that's not true come on. The way it works is he has a great successful career then just as he leaves someone in the media goes "oh hey remember those terrible tweets he made way back when."

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

Simms has seemed to pump up josh Allen a couple times. I’d love this if true, but I wonder if Simms has a bias for some reason.

His dad LOVES Josh Allen, and was very vocal about how he was in his opinion the hands-down best QB in this draft, worthy of going #1 overall. That is high praise considering how harsh he is grading QBs coming out of college.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Who are these guys and why are they getting this story and not anyone local? This is the first positive review of Allen I've heard.

Dig deeper, they’re out there.  No, I won’t get links for you.  If that makes it nonexistent, so be it.  But he’s been impressive, some people just don’t want to hear it, or have selective hearing.  Not a comment on you, just sayin’. Of course running around in shorts doesn’t mean squat at this point.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Who are these guys and why are they getting this story and not anyone local? This is the first positive review of Allen I've heard.

That is not true.  There are several that have  a pretty high opinion of Josh Allen including former QB Trent Dilfer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1