"Josh Allen is blowing people away" - Chris Simms

Estro

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I always listen to Sal's reports on demand and he really hasn't said anything about any QB other than how people lost their minds on Twitter when it came out Peterman was getting snaps with the 1's. That's why this caught me off guard.

He talked a lot about Allen last week especially on the Saturday show. It was a balanced report. Some really good, some “needs work” stuff. Things I remember:

needs to improve touch passes and swing passes 

arm is a freak of nature and once he knows where he wants to throw it the ball comes out really fast 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

It be nice for once if people just let it play out 

On this board lol.

3 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I love these threads because the moron homers and the allen stans flock in to tell everyone else i told ya so. 

We can''t say I told you so until he has 2 or 3 solid seasons and at that point many of his critics will try to say "I told you so.  I wanted to draft him all along." the sad reality of our culture.

3 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I certainly am not actively rooting against allen, why would I? But this kid has more excuses and excuse makers on this board in a month than tyrod had during his whole tenure as a starter. Funny how that is.

some bitter sap posted a thread about how rosen was “lookin good” as if that means anything (much like this thread) and some stan just had to ape that guy’s headline word for word and sub in allen for rosen because they heard joe b say allen had a good day in shorts throwing against air as well. 

The first step toward fixing a problem is admitting to yourself you actually have a problem. 

Put the crackpipe down. Everyone and the blind mothers thought Tyrod looked good, played well enough to not be benched, and given a $700 billion contract. There were so many excuses it was nauseating.

Good riddance to bad rubbish! 

We don’t know what Allen will do, but you should probably keep pissing on people’s cornflakes, because the sky is falling and Allen definitely sucks, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

55 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

If this helps I figure out what search engines I use and then type in the subject I want to read about. In this case type in Josh Allen and Buffalo Bills. Then whenever my search engine or sports site like Bleacher Report has an article come up, it shows on your preferred reading material. Others on here might have a better or easier way of doing it, but that is how I do it. I have seen a lot on Darnold, but not much on the rest of the quarterbacks drafted in the first round. Hope it works for you.

What’s a search engine?  How good is the gas mileage?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, brianthomas said:

What Simms had to say all sounds good to me. He said Allen is supposedly 'wowwing everyone on all sorts of levels'. If thats true then we all are in store for one helluva player.

Just like everyone I can't wait for the season to start & to see what this team looks like.

One thing that made me facepalm a bit tho with the podcast is the one guy bringing up the stupid tweets again. I've never really considered Allens tweets to be anything really serious, but i do hate how often these media types like to throw it out there, just in the hopes for some controversy or something.

Of course after Allen wins his 6th Superbowl they won't even remember those tweets.

Anyways, thanks for sharing & GO BILLS!

The tweet thing was so blown out of context and proportion it would be hard to believe if our media wasn't one big op-ed 

11 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Allen is going to go down as head and shoulders the best QB in the draft.

12 hours ago, Estro said:

Was listening to the Simms & Lefkoe podcast today.  Said he's head from a media source and someone w/in the organization that Allen has been blowing people away 

it wont look good for Allen if we are letting others know that he is blown people away and going down in the same thread,

For me this is a very good sign, because if he was struggling this would be leaking out as well. 

But honestly were only in OTAs .   Shorts and T's aren't a live game.  If he keeps growing and progressing on  his shortcomings, he may make Beane look like a genius.  That's what the Bills Brass kept talking about, his willingness to learn and grow.  He did it during the senior bowl and he is doing it now.

That's all you can ask of a guy with the type of talent Allen has.  He keeps that mentality and he is going to be a great one.

• Like (+1) 2

i think hes going to be very good, but lets not expect miracles. Our WR group is considered worst in the NFL

16 minutes ago, major said:

Who has a better chance of winning it all first: Deshaun Watson or Allen? Explain your answer

Watson plays in a weak make that super weak division with a kick ass defense. I'd say Watson or whoever Houston starts at qb

3 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

i think hes going to be very good, but lets not expect miracles. Our WR group is considered worst in the NFL

Watson plays in a weak make that super weak division with a kick ass defense. I'd say Watson or whoever Houston starts at qb

WRs he will have are still leaps and bounds better than he ever had in college. DBs better too but as Peyton Manning says, there is no defense for the perfect pass. 

• Like (+1) 1

Still cautious, given his play at Wyoming.  He has all the tools.  Perhaps better coaching in Buffalo.  I still can't see him beating out McCarron.  I think the real-live game-speed will give McCarron an edge--but I'm hopeful that Allen is the best QB from this draft.  I would love to have the redraft in a few years have Allen and Edmunds at the top!!!

I still agree with Chris Simms' draft night declaration that Josh Allen has a very good chance to start game 1 for the Bills.

His reasoning? Bills coaches and players will watch AJ McCarron throw 10 passes, and then watch Josh Allen throw 10 passes, and there will just be such a stark an obvious difference in talent and zip that they won't be able to NOT play Allen. I think there's potentially some real credence to the notion that Allen will beat out Peterman and McCarron based on his vastly superior physical traits. The only thing that would prevent this, of course, is if the mental side of Allen's game is way behind that of McCarron and Peterman, but I'm not so sure I believe that that will be the case.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CNY315 said:

What's this about?

Mahomes on OTA day 1 as starter threw 3 picks I believe it was and had a couple more dropped.

Then the story came out about how Reid was throwing everything at him to see what he could and could not do.

If Allen had thrown 3 picks like Mahomes or fumbled multiple snaps like Darnold - this place would have exploded.  Heck even if he had the same practice as Mayfield with a few picks and some bad throws - people would be all over the place screaming bust.

Instead it sounds like Allen has been sound and making good live throws both against air and with DBs.  At this point it just means so little, but positive news is always better than negative.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I still agree with Chris Simms' draft night declaration that Josh Allen has a very good chance to start game 1 for the Bills.

His reasoning? Bills coaches and players will watch AJ McCarron throw 10 passes, and then watch Josh Allen throw 10 passes, and there will just be such a stark an obvious difference in talent and zip that they won't be able to NOT play Allen. I think there's potentially some real credence to the notion that Allen will beat out Peterman and McCarron based on his vastly superior physical traits. The only thing that would prevent this, of course, is if the mental side of Allen's game is way behind that of McCarron and Peterman, but I'm not so sure I believe that that will be the case.

I think Allen has a very good chance to start. Unlike the other teams who took 1st rd QBs, the Bills are the only one to declare it an open competition. Jets, Browns, Cards and Ravens all declared a vet starter already. Also, he doesn’t have much to compete with, as the other two guys have a combined 7 starts between them.  And this regime has shown no qualms with starting a rookie if they think he even *might* be ready (Peterman) , and if they think he presents a better chance to move the offense than the others. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I mean you really need to see this stuff in pads and against a defense....but to people remember the camps where our QBs could not COMPLETE PASSES AGAINST AIR?

That actually happened......

Sadly, I do remember. Cringe-worthy practice reports. 

Overall, I'd call Allen's day "inconsistent."  Not wildly inconsistent on either side of the spectrum, but there were defnitely throws he should have hit that he didn't, as well as some throws that were right on the money with perfect timing and placement.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Some folks seem to forget that a new O is being installed along with an Oline needing time to gel and training camp/ preseason is not by any means a good testing ground in my humble opinion.

Allen not starting (IMO) will have less to do with talent or capabilities and the decision will be more based on the Bills supporting cast needing time for everyone to get on the same page. Why would Buffalo want to take a chance of injuring the future of the franchise when we have McCarron that will suffice getting the O on track.

Coaches like competition and I'm not expecting them to count anyone out. 

Under different circumstances I might agree with some of you ... 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1