"Josh Allen is blowing people away" - Chris Simms

Estro

Allen Tweets were because of Ambien.....you heard it here first.

Difficult for me to get excited yet.  The issues with bad decision making and bad mechanics Josh appears to have are brought about by in-game pressure.  That is really the only true test.  We are going to have to all be patient.  There will be the occasional 3 interception half and a critical turnover that seals an opponents victory.  I am sure there is a cut Josh Allen thread or two in our future as a forum.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I hope so!  Most evidence suggests he'll be a career backup type player.

Don’t necessarily agree but will await the evidence I see from him in NFL games..

Edited by Aussie Joe

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I laughed at your post because it is hilarious, most evidence suggests he has a chance to be great actually. Evidence is something real, not something you make up in your head. A chance is any chance at all. What are you saying?

???

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

Allen Tweets were because of Ambien.....you heard it here first.

Difficult for me to get excited yet.  The issues with bad decision making and bad mechanics Josh appears to have are brought about by in-game pressure.  That is really the only true test.  We are going to have to all be patient.  There will be the occasional 3 interception half and a critical turnover that seals an opponents victory.  I am sure there is a cut Josh Allen thread or two in our future as a forum.

H e y Joe........., quit tryin to script where the future may go....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

I laughed at your post because it is hilarious, most evidence suggests he has a chance to be great actually. Evidence is something real, not something you make up in your head. A chance is any chance at all. What are you saying?

???

He's just trolling.  

I have a neighbor like that, just says completely stupid things as if he's the real expert and knows more than everyone else.

Uh...yeah....you know... um Evidence and stuff.  Yeah ok dude, go back to watching CSI Wyoming.

We all know there are some years like EJ's draft where college doesn't produce a single franchise qb, and ultimately its an educated guess as to who will make it, but Allen is a heckuva prospect.

Funny that the current top qb's Brees, Rodgers and Brady were all in the bottom half of the first round or lower.  Definitely some luck involved.  We deserve to hit on this pick, and I think we will.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

This is just poor trolling on your part - nothing has suggested he will be a career back-up player.  

If anything his his style and skill is totally boom or bust.  He will either become a franchise player or totally flame out.  

Brett Farve/Aaron Rodgers or Jamarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

It be nice for once if people just let it play out 

37 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Give it time.  

Would 2 quarters of a pre-season game count or would he actually get to play 2 quarters of a regular season game BEFORE folks could dismiss him?

Inquiring minds want to know...

/sarcasm :rolleyes:

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Would 2 quarters of a pre-season game count or would he actually get to play 2 quarters of a regular season game BEFORE folks could dismiss him?

Inquiring minds want to know...

/sarcasm :rolleyes:

Well in actuality probably one play

• Like (+1) 2

Sims was in NE when Dabol.  I enjoy the Simms and Lefkoe podcast.  Simms pulls some very good info from time to time.  Simms liked Allen alot.  He thought he was the most pro ready and would start way sooner then the media was projecting.  The part that makes me believe its more than just a big arm in shorts thing, was him saying its very similar to Wentz in Philly.  Its everything hes doing, not just on the field.  Coaches, players everyone is buzzing.  

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I love these threads because the moron homers and the allen stans flock in to tell everyone else i told ya so. 

Ha Ha Ha

It just must make you ooze green.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I love these threads because the moron homers and the allen stans flock in to tell everyone else i told ya so. 

If he was throwing picks and looking bad it would be all over the place.  If Allen had a day similar to Mahomes, the media that thought Allen was a reach would crucify him.  Lets just face facts.  We are all homers here.  We are talking Buffalo Bills football to strangers on the internet 730 in the am 100 days before the season.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Ha Ha Ha

It just must make you ooze green.

Pfff sure. Allen supporters here (going back pre-draft) have already written a list of excuses for this kid a mile long. It’s pathetic. If and/or when he flames out I will expect you in here front and center.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Pfff sure. Allen supporters here (going back pre-draft) have already written a list of excuses for this kid a mile long. It’s pathetic. If and/or when he flames out I will expect you in here front and center.

Here's the thing...  I have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

That said, I have not declared anything to be right or wrong about! 

I have been a fan long enough to earn the right to be HOPEFUL damnitall and I will gladly fight the negative Nelly's who detest anything positive.

If you are a Nelly - you are simply a killjoy and it must suck to be you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Here's the thing...  I have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

That said, I have not declared anything to be right or wrong about! 

I have been a fan long enough to earn the right to be HOPEFUL damnitall and I will gladly fight the negative Nelly's who detest anything positive.

If you are a Nelly - you are simply a killjoy and it must suck to be you.

I certainly am not actively rooting against allen, why would I? But this kid has more excuses and excuse makers on this board in a month than tyrod had during his whole tenure as a starter. Funny how that is.

some bitter sap posted a thread about how rosen was “lookin good” as if that means anything (much like this thread) and some stan just had to ape that guy’s headline word for word and sub in allen for rosen because they heard joe b say allen had a good day in shorts throwing against air as well.