'Fallout 76'

Bethesda Announces Brand New Fallout Game: 'Fallout 76'

This morning, Bethesda announced a brand new Fallout game called Fallout 76.

That's way more exciting than a remastered Fallout 3 or a Nintendo Switch port of Fallout 4, though the game publisher could announce either or both those things during its June 10th E3 press conference as well.

Here's the Fallout 76 teaser trailer:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

When "Seinfeld" ended, I told my friends that the show could have literally gone on forever and I would have continued to watch each new episode every week.  It was a shame to see it finish.

I feel the same about Fallout.  As long as they keep making new landscapes and slightly different plot lines but stay loyal to the foundation the series was built on, I'll buy each new game forever.

For me, the look and feel of the game and its entire concept is about as good as it gets!

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

My wife just gave me a high 5.  She doesn’t pay but loves to watch the story line and helps find / see things going on.  

Playing video games like that with a co-pilot can be a lot of fun!

Looks like it will have multi player online platform.   

I hope that this doesn’t shorten the single player game play.   

Set 25 years after the war in “Virginia” with John Denver song Take me home country road West Virginia 

take me home To the place I belong West Virginia, Mountain Mama Take me home, country roads ..

Survival is key.  Few communities (or none). 

• Like (+1) 1

There are only a select handful of game titles/series I will pre-order/buy brand new. 

This is one of them! 

Thanks for sharing Shady. Hopefully the release date isn't too far off (I read possibly fall). 

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Looks like it will have multi player online platform.   

I hope that this doesn’t shorten the single player game play.

Set 25 years after the war in “Virginia” with John Denver song Take me home country road West Virginia 

take me home To the place I belong West Virginia, Mountain Mama Take me home, country roads ..

Same here. 

I feel like too too many games are going in that direction - shorten campaign modes and more multiplayer online content. 

It sucks for me me because I don't really play online much. It's just not for me.

I don't like all the people who run around and just try to purposely aggravate you. 

I like the open world, long single player campaign type games. 

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

There are only a select handful of game titles/series I will pre-order/buy brand new. 

This is one of them! 

Thanks for sharing Shady. Hopefully the release date isn't too far off (I read possibly fall). 

Same here. 

I feel like too too many games are going in that direction - shorten campaign modes and more multiplayer online content. 

It sucks for me me because I don't really play online much. It's just not for me.

I don't like all the people who run around and just try to purposely aggravate you. 

I have actually never played a video game "online" and don't even really know how to do that or what it would entail.

That doesn't appeal to me at all.  Some of the most entertaining moments in a game like Fallout are when you are wandering around alone and just checking out the landscape or an interesting area you have wandered into.  The artwork in these games is just beautiful and they are total eye candy.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This is one of them! 

Same here. 

I’m not a big online player either.  If I do I try to keep that group small.  Usually my sons and their friends that  grew up with them here in VA.  

One “rumor” is supposed to be hidden in the video   Oct 20th maybe.  

Shenandoah river is 10 - 15 miles from where I live.   

Oh and your welcome 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

These games have taken more time out of my life than I care to admit.....i walk an extra 20 minutes because i dont want to drop a fork and make my load lighter so i can actually run. Its absurd.

Assasins Creed and FIFA pulled me away from it for a while, but I never finished it. Im still on the fence regarding how I want to handle father.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

These games have taken more time out of my life than I care to admit.....i walk an extra 20 minutes because i dont want to drop a fork and make my load lighter so i can actually run. Its absurd.

Assasins Creed and FIFA pulled me away from it for a while, but I never finished it. Im still on the fence regarding how I want to handle father.

I blew the Institute up early, my son much later.   

He got a few more hours of gameplay.  Then he blew the place up too.   

We also got the expansion pack that gave us weeks more entertainment.  

I accumulated over 20 power suits. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I am definitely looking forward to this...The Destiny 2 update looks awesome as well and will suck me back in; along with Red Dead 2 and Last of Us 2. I better spend time with the wife while I can....

I finally bought a copy of the original Destiny last year, just to see what all the hype was about. 

It was ok, but I couldn't really get too far playing solo. So I quit playing and haven't played since. lol

I could see how it would be cool to play online and/or with friends though. I'm just not an online gamer. 

I am pleased they are releasing another Fallout game...  (even more pleased they acknowledged the next Elder Scrolls!)

Online though..... we'll see.  I am an offline gamer.  I just do not have the time to put in anymore to hone skills to compete with anybody.  I just want to be left alone and explore.  I don't need some 12 year old who has played 250 hours and has earned/bought all sorts of upgrades head-shotting me 15 times before I even know whats going on.  

From the sounds of it, you enter the world as a relatively limited group, like 25 people.... in a world that is larger than any Fallouts past.  I think that is do-able.  

I super-dig the idea of changing the timeline to an earlier date like this, altering the world and experience.  I really liked the Fallout 3 add-on from Maryland/WV/ the sticks.  I wonder if we will get anything like that.

Edited by May Day 10

15 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I finally bought a copy of the original Destiny last year, just to see what all the hype was about. 

It was ok, but I couldn't really get too far playing solo. So I quit playing and haven't played since. lol

I could see how it would be cool to play online and/or with friends though. I'm just not an online gamer. 

I wasn't either...it's actually kind a fun. There can be some toxicity (as we even have on here), but if you find a good group it is actually fun to play a game with others at times. E3 announcements yesterday was a bit of a disappointment this year, but The Last of us Part 2 looks great...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

I am pleased they are releasing another Fallout game...  (even more pleased they acknowledged the next Elder Scrolls!)

Online though..... we'll see.  I am an offline gamer.  I just do not have the time to put in anymore to hone skills to compete with anybody.  I just want to be left alone and explore.  I don't need some 12 year old who has played 250 hours and has earned/bought all sorts of upgrades head-shotting me 15 times before I even know whats going on.  

From the sounds of it, you enter the world as a relatively limited group, like 25 people.... in a world that is larger than any Fallouts past.  I think that is do-able.  

I super-dig the idea of changing the timeline to an earlier date like this, altering the world and experience.  I really liked the Fallout 3 add-on from Maryland/WV/ the sticks.  I wonder if we will get anything like that.

I believe there will be a single player mode too, won't there? At least according to this article (I didn't watch E3 announcement yet). 

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/972403/Fallout-76-online-Multiplayer-survival-single-player-optional

As confirmed by Bethesda, single player will be an option for those that don’t want to play multiplayer.

“Go it alone or with fellow survivors to unlock access to the ultimate weapon – Nuclear Missiles.”

It scares me that so many games are moving toward his online multiplayer though (and some only have online multiplayer, like elder scrolls morrowind (which I haven't even played even though I LOVE elder scrolls)). 

Like you, I just want to play offline. I don't really have a group of friends who game, and have no interest in trying to find random people to play with. Plus, like you said, there are too many people who just want to torture you. I remember playing 'Watch Dogs' for the first time. I had never played before and wasn't too good at it. Well I had no idea that people could just 'hack' your game and invade it. I kept having the same guy invade my game over and over and over again. I would have to try and search for him and find/kill him before the time was up and he "hacked" me, or got away. Well, even when I'd find him he'd just torture/taunt me. Then he'd lose me and show back up just before the time ran out and he won, just to torture me longer. I could never kill him, he was too good. 

Well finally after about 3 hours of him invading my game every 15-30 mins, I said screw it and quit playing (then found out you can turn off the in game invasions). 

But yeah, I just like to do my own thing.