Question about seat views

I want to take my son, who is 16, to his first game this year.  We are planning on going to the Tennessee game and will be traveling from MA.  I am hoping to get tickets somewhere in the 131-136 sections.  Being that it is his first game, I want to get as close to the field as possible.  However, I don't want to have our view blocked by all the equipment and media personnel that stand on the field.  Can anyone tell me if this tends to be a problem if seats are too close to the field?  If so, what is a safe row to move back to? 

19 minutes ago, NEBuffaloBillsFan said:

I want to take my son, who is 16, to his first game this year.  We are planning on going to the Tennessee game and will be traveling from MA.  I am hoping to get tickets somewhere in the 131-136 sections.  Being that it is his first game, I want to get as close to the field as possible.  However, I don't want to have our view blocked by all the equipment and media personnel that stand on the field.  Can anyone tell me if this tends to be a problem if seats are too close to the field?  If so, what is a safe row to move back to? 

Best seats I ever had were 20 rows up and 50 yard line

not many bad ones in the lower level... I used to be (before I moved to NC) in Section 123, Row 3... It was great, but at times vision issues with a TV camera... about 5 rows up would have fixed that problem. But being so close to the action was awesome... had players jump into the stands after touchdowns many times right in my lap.  It's definitely awesome, just had to deal with the camera. If you were standing it wasn't an issue... and at that time, section 123 was pretty rowdy.. there weren't many people sitting.

All seats can be good or bad for one reason or another.  Some might not want to or can't stand so much so they should stay out of the lower bowl.  Some might resent the fan behavior in the endzones and prefer the family sections.  The upper decks give a great view of the passing game and ball spots but maybe bring binoculars.. Lower level gets you closer to the players during pregame warmup and the game but those TV cameras must be an irritant to some of those views.  If you are in the tunnel end, you can see the comings and goings of the players/coaches/alumni etc. and have a possibly great view of a key TD.  The addition of two more Jumbotrons means you can always have access to the important replays no matter where you sit.

Conventional thinking was that more scoring occurred at the tunnel end due to the prevailing westerly wind but I am not so sure if that is true anymore after the stadium modifications, if it ever was.  Depending on the time of year, being in the direct sunlight vs. not could be an issue either good or bad.

• Like (+1) 1

A big part of the game is on the replay screens, so I would be sure you have a good view of the jumbo.  Vast majority of seats do.

I personally think that 15-30 rows up is a sweet spot.   I like picking one end of the field or another vs the 50 yard line, there's nothing like a TD or big play on your end of the field.  It's a gamble, but it IS the Titans after all, so we'll be scoring some on them.

Also don't discount front row upper deck.  Those seats can be found resale, and they're awesome too.  

tunnel endzone arent bad at all in my opinion...he'd get to see all players up close a few times.  

Ya gotta stand but I prefer that.

Make sure you get there early and walk around to the store and by other tailgates. 

Maybe even let'm share his first beer with his dad ala Chevy Chase in Vacation! (Good talk son) ahh memories!

I had seasons and sit routinely in the 100s. If you are above row 20 the view is fine and you will see everything. Closer the get the more intense the experience although you lose some sight line.

In general New Era Field has been routinely in the Top 3 sight lines to watch an NFL game so you will have a good seat regardless.

2 hours ago, NEBuffaloBillsFan said:

No bad seats at New Era.  Depends what you want.  When I come back for my yearly game I always sit in the tunnel end zone, 10-20 rows from field level.  It's like a party (and I don't drink).  But you will have to stand most of the game.  Disclaimer: a fight or two tends to break out at some point.  

If if you stay 10 rows and up you shouldn't have any sight problems between the 20s.

Edited by purple haze

13 hours ago, NEBuffaloBillsFan said:

My only input would be that if you end up close to one end zone (131 getting a bit close for my liking) AND you are sitting way down low close to field level, you lose a ton of perspective when the ball is way down at the other end of the field.

The flip side of that, however, is that when the ball is down by your seats, the views can be pretty incredible down low close to the action.

I once sat row 1 in the corner of the end zone.  When 1 team was at that end in a red zone situation, it was incredible.  When the ball crossed the 50 yard line and went the other way, the game might as well have been played in a different zip code.

So if you are going to go way down low, try to move close to mid field if you can!