Eric Wood, 6/1 cut & Roster Addition

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh now wait.  Wawrow also reported this "injury settlement" so I'm sure it's legit.  Does that mean they negotiated something about his contract?

Because unlike what we hear as "injury settlement" when a young player is released, there's nothing to settle - he has his contract, they release him, it says what they pay.

Injury settlement announcement usually implies player took less than his contract to get released from said contract with no encumbrances or limitations on what he does in future. Most of these are done so player can immediately sign with new team and make a new contract income.

Since new contract and income is not in the cards for Woods, then I surmise that was taken into account when Bills offered him the settlement.

I would still guess he took a little less than he had coming to him in contract to avoid paying back any sign bonus and/or an ugly fight with team he has from the beginning had a great relationship with, OTHERWISE, why would they announce he took an injury settlement as the contract is what the contract is and no weird announcement like this would have been needed.

This has to be one of the strangest end of career situations that rank right up there with, Incognito story, Ricky Williams, and Barry Sanders.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lots of people in Ohio call it Krogers. We also have “Meijers” :lol:

We only have upscale grocery stores in northern California, like Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Costco, and Safeway. Also a ton of ethnic chains, like Chinese, Korean, Phillipino, and Mexican grocery stores which are all over California.

20 minutes ago, mileena said:

We only have upscale grocery stores in northern California, like Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Costco, and Safeway. Also a ton of ethnic chains, like Chinese, Korean, Phillipino, and Mexican grocery stores which are all over California.

I'll put a Kroger up against a Safeway any day of the week.

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's rural Georgia as well.  My in laws are from a small town in north Georgia and they call it "Krogers" as well.

They either shop at "Krogers" or Piggly Wiggly.  

...sounds like a BBQ competition.........smokers everywhere.....

On 6/1/2018 at 10:27 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

It's rural Georgia as well.  My in laws are from a small town in north Georgia and they call it "Krogers" as well.

In 1985 as a kid I moved to a very small town in deep South Georgia, about 40 miles from the Florida border in the middle of the state, and the town had just opened a Piggly Wiggly. First, I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw the pig's face with the butcher's cap on, and second, you'd of thought Christ himself was serving up samples in that store. The buzz such a store got was mind-boggling even for me as a kid. Every time I see that face, I still chuckle. 

5 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Sportrac is reporting Eric Wood's 2018 cap hit as $10.39 Million.

$4.8 Base

$4.33 Bonus

$1.25 Restructured bonus

I always get a little bit confused by this, but when looking at how much cap space they are projecting that we have available Spotrac says cap space with the top 51 is at $16mil+.  But then the entire roster it is at -$1mil.  So are we at about $16mil+ after the Eric Wood hit?

Oh wait, I think I answered my own question.....

6 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Sportrac is reporting Eric Wood's 2018 cap hit as $10.39 Million.

$4.8 Base

$4.33 Bonus

$1.25 Restructured bonus

That's what his cap hit should be if they outright released him.  However if it's true that they negotiated an injury settlement, it would be lower. 

On 6/1/2018 at 10:27 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Often times preceded by The. The krogers etc.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Glad there's no animosity.

There never was as some of us maintained after his botched retirement announcement, but some in the media and around here jumped to the conclusion that there had to be. It's my understanding, Wood isn't losing a dime in the injury settlement and I hope that's true. The Bills organization wants to exemplify an operation that takes care of their own when it comes to players like Eric Wood, who's done it the right way his entire pro career.