Which UDFA do yo think has the best shot at making the Bills?

Levi is a great guess Superhero...He likely has to beat out Breon Borders, Lafayette Pitts and Ryan Carter if the Bills keep 5 CB's.  I think it will come down to special teams play.

WR Robert Foster would be my pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

I like Mat Boesen to make the team as a hybrid DE/OLB pass rusher.   That said I am also on record as saying Lorax will not make the final cut.  This team has a stunning lack of talent in the pass rush.  If it comes down to numbers I think they will keep an extra pass rusher and PS a DB or two.  

I think Ike Boetgger, OT Iowa coming off Achilles will make the PS and after a year will challenge for the swing tackle spot.

• Like (+1) 1

Personally, I don't think there are as many WR spots open as some others think.

Benjamin, Jones, Kerley, and Holmes are all near locks to make the roster in my mind. That leaves two spots at most. McCloud and Proehl would seem to have the inside track on those two spots, based on their having been drafted. I could see only one of them making the 53, but in that case, it's just as likely that the final spot goes to second year players Dupre or Reilly. 

OLB, on the other hand? We've got Humber to back up Milano, but we need more depth at the outside linebacker spot. For that reason I pick:

Corey Thompson, LSU.

• Like (+1) 3

Definitely some interesting prospects given that I think this coaching staff will make room for hard-working over-achievers. Bring it everyday and you got a shot.

If I had to pick one, I think Corey Thompson has a clear path to the 53, provided he plays all-out and stays healthy.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I too think Foster has the best shot due to his familiarity with the offense, the WR depth chart right now, his speed, and potential ST value. 

This is where I am as well. There are a few guys though that have a shot. How hard would it be for Foster to take a spot from Andre Holmes for example? Thompson has a shot as well. If Boesen shows the ability to rush the passer he will be in the mix. 

The Bills aren’t overly talented or deep. There is opportunity here for aome of these young guys to get a chance.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ike Boettger

Like Foster and a couple of the other guys, too, but surprised it took this long to mention Boettger, given the the state of our oline and the fact he wasn't drafted due (I think) to his injury.

I'm with you, Barbarian.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or 4 UDFAs make it.  I'm going to go for a name not yet mentioned and say I think former LSU hybrid Corey Thompson has a chance.  They had him in as one of their 30 visits - they clearly like him a lot.  

WR Robert Foster. Easily the worst position group on the team. 

Now if you are counting PS players you will see even more UDFA players make the team

Edited by MAJBobby