Roseanne Show cancelled by ABC after racist tweet

6 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I will say I find it funny that Rosanne is now being praised by right wingers now. Despite her rendition of the national anthem, and even running for president with the Green Party, which makes Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton look like Ronald Reagan, in 2012.

I find that most everything makes sense when you accept the simple fact that people are !@#$ing stupid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I find that most everything makes sense when you accept the simple fact that people are !@#$ing stupid.

"It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people." -Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett, Good Omens

10 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Charlie Sheen is actually pushing for a 2 and a half men reboot.......

CBS and the show's producer should mess with him and see they are on board, to reboot it again with Ashton Kutcher....

As for the publicity thing, this is BAD publicity causing sponsors to pull out, cast members to speak out against her and quit. The problem in this situation is that the comments were racist, unprovoked, and another comment in a long line of comments she has made in the past. They have her a chance and she crossed the line again. Then she continues to come unhinged (almost wondering if it's an act to try and have people believe she is mentally ill) by apologising and leaving Twitter only to return later that day and blame ambien, then take shots at cast for not standing with her, then acting remorseful, then saying she tried to have them not cancel the show but ABC wouldn't, etc. Jimmy Kimmel, someone who angered Roseanne during an interview a few months ago for questioning her Trump support because of her past has even come to her defence saying that people need to show her compassion.

It is funny to see the trump supporters now screaming about Samantha Bee (a Canadian IIRC) using the 'C' word referring to Ivanka and demanding her show be canceled too, yet their Hero in charge has used that term many times in reference to woman, and many of their fellow supporters have used that term before referring to others. A woman using that word referring to another woman is the same as making a racist remark about someone else?

Theres slot of apples an orange comparisons from the 2 sides trying to defend their people. Comments or remarks based of race or sex are usually looked at much worse then insults made based off of actions or comments made by someone. 

Fire Samantha Bee and Trevor Noah. 

For delivering zero laughs over years of shows. 

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Fire Samantha Bee and Trevor Noah. 

For delivering zero laughs over years of shows. 

The job of entertainers like Samantha Bee and Trevor Noah is not to deliver laughs

Their job is to deliver votes

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The job of entertainers like Samantha Bee and Trevor Noah is not to deliver laughs

And they do it admirably by spreading their particularly disgusting brand of "humor" to a bunch of addled millennial sheep.

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

And they do it admirably by spreading their particularly disgusting brand of "humor" to a bunch of addled millennial sheep.

Only thing worse is quoting George Carlin as if he were more than worthless

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

That was really something back in  1973...

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

That was really something back in  1973...

I'll see your "things worse than quoting Carlin," and raise you a "Quoting joesixpack twice."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 6/1/2018 at 10:24 PM, /dev/null said:

The ads they are running for the Daily Show right now are brutal.  His delivery is so annoying that it makes it pretty tough to get through my weekend viewing of Meet the Fockers... or was it Horrible Bosses?  I forget which random movie I was watching on which station.

Edited by shrader

1 hour ago, shrader said:

The ads they are running for the Daily Show right now are brutal.  His delivery is so annoying that it makes it pretty tough to get through my weekend viewing of Meet the Fockers... or was it Horrible Bosses?  I forget which random movie I was watching on which station.

I like Noah..used to like Bee on The Daily Show..her new show I stopped recording last year. 

I also watch Fox, and CNN, and the PBS Newshour ..all lend something to the party

.dont like Maher or Hannity...they both think they are the smartest guy in the room by a mile..whats the point

Does anyone know the story regarding Roseanne appearing or not appearing on the Joe Rogan podcast?

As far as I knew, she was going to be his guest last Friday.  Still nothing up at his website.

I guess it was cancelled for one reason or the other.

28 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Does anyone know the story regarding Roseanne appearing or not appearing on the Joe Rogan podcast?

As far as I knew, she was going to be his guest last Friday.  Still nothing up at his website.

Her sheet and hood were in the wash...

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/5/2018 at 6:26 PM, Fadingpain said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/roseanne-barr-cancels-joe-rogan-podcast-appearance-1116520

On 6/1/2018 at 10:24 PM, /dev/null said:

Their job is to deliver ratings and ad revenue, just like everyone else in the media. Carlin was right.