Anything from your childhood you still keep in your room?

My Grandmother knitted each of us boys an "Afghan" blanket when we were little.  (Over 40 years ago.)

I used mine all through childhood... took it to college with me... took it with me during all my moves across the US... my wife surprised me by packing it along when we moved to NZ.  Just this morning, my daughter was using it to get warm before school.

The thing is bomb-proof and still looks brand new.

No but I know there's a still a couple of boxes of old toys of mine and my brother's from childhood collecting dust somewhere in my parent's basement.  I don't know why  but I told my mom "Do Not Throw Those Out" 

My grandpa passed away when I was still pretty young and he had a basement bar.  After he passed some of the grandchildren each took a thing or two as a memento to hang onto.  For whatever reason I grabbed this bottle of Tucson Wine that had a really cool Eagle Head shotglass on the lid of the bottle.  In all honesty I didn't think much of it at the time it was just spur of the moment.  I was young and this was way before I was into drinking lol but I managed to hold onto it all these years later and  I have it displayed in my mancave, still unopened.  I am saving that baby for when the Bills finally win a Superbowl 

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

My Grandmother knitted each of us boys an "Afghan" blanket when we were little.  (Over 40 years ago.)

I used mine all through childhood... took it to college with me... took it with me during all my moves across the US... my wife surprised me by packing it along when we moved to NZ.  Just this morning, my daughter was using it to get warm before school.

The thing is bomb-proof and still looks brand new.

My grandmother was an Afghan factory for a few years, about forty years ago. She must have made at least twenty. I still have one that I use often, one for occasional use, and one stored away. The one that I use often is a little tattered but it still serves its purpose. 

I have other stuff stored away. I have some Matchbox cars in a little Matchbox briefcase, a Lionel train that I used to put around the Christmas tree when my kids were little, and some Aurora slot cars. All of these things were purchased and given to me as presents in the 1960’s 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The thing I played with the most.. goes everywhere with me

A ding aling   What male doesn’t?  

Just some jewelry.   Gold Italian horn and fingers.  

Not a toy but     I still have my 12 ga shotgun from when I was a teen. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

No but, in the bedroom up stairs on the wall is a drawing of me when I was 4 or 5 

There’s a drawing of me with a horse and an alien on a cave wall somewhere in France. I don’t live there, so I don’t count that.