Don’t be a high maintenance poster

SDS

37 minutes ago, transient said:

I am DEFINITELY a fan of this poster, but I didn’t realize Gal had a reputation for being high maintenance. ?

She even took your advice...

CCDE8066-5FA2-4549-9F58-8F7E980A7B7E.jpeg

Look a the hands and feet.  That's a dude.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'd like to report that Rueben Foster has been sexually harassing and verbally assaulting me in PMs. It's been vicious and I'm scared for my life. Please help. 

Well I am taking great advice from Jerry Sullivan lol. I feel like people should report me for that. lol

23 hours ago, JoeF said:

Wait, you can report a post to the mods?  Holy ****, my world just changed...... ?

If someone is an arse, let them be an arse, don't be an arse in return.  The few times I have not followed that credo, I have regretted it over the years.  The mods are volunteers...not your playground monitors.

Yeah.  I've been here 15 years and I've never been really conscious of the idea of reporting on anyone.  

Probably knew new it was there,  but never gave it a thought.

On 5/29/2018 at 12:09 AM, SDS said:

Hey guys and gals... I just wanted  to point out something obvious, but needs to be said anyway.

This is a Buffalo Bills message board and though occasionally conversations get heated, for the most part, most everyone should be transparent to the moderators in day-to-day conversations.

However, if you find yourself reporting posts every single day or if you have your posts reported every single day then that means you are inserting yourself into the life of the moderators on a daily basis. There is absolutely no reason in the world why this should ever happen. 

Interacting conflict free on a message board is a very low bar of social interaction to clear. We have had thousands of people come through here and able to navigate that successfully.

Please do not be a high maintenance poster. Thanks. 

How does one get classified as a "moderator"?

8 hours ago, eball said:

If you’re “reporting” posts on a message board you’re pretty much the equivalent of the hall monitor in high school. And we know how popular those guys were. 

I disagree.  Well, I think I disagree. ( I didn't attend a HS with "hall monitors" so not sure what they do but it sounds to me like creeps who tell kids to take their hats off and cover up their midriff tops with a sweater.)

IMHO it's more like asking someone with authority to intervene when you see something that isn't right going down in your neighborhood - kids abusing an animal or another kid, people being destructive in the park at the end of the block, neighbors screaming at each other.  You can try confronting the situation yourself if you're tactful and maybe it'll work.  Or maybe you're not so tactful and you walk up and say "stop being a d*ckwad", someone who thrives on conflict says ""d*ckwad yourself!" and gives you a shove, and WE'RE OFF! 

Whereas if the park ranger or the town police drive up and say "what's happening?" the situation tends to defuse real fast.  The question is can you trust the town police to say "what's happening?" and be real, and not abuse or escalate the situation.  IMHO with the group of mods we have here, you have some level headed people and you can.

2 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

They pay me in Canadian Dollars so it only costs them about $0.64 a year for my salary

You get $0.64/yr?  I wanna raise!

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Our union cut us a revenue sharing deal so we don’t work for peanuts anymore....

Bill, man!  Why didn't you clue me about the peanuts?

3 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

(200 mg Chill Pill)

Better make it 500mg

I was gonna say just add a zero - 2000 mg

18 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'd like to report that Rueben Foster has been sexually harassing and verbally assaulting me in PMs. It's been vicious and I'm scared for my life. Please help. 

(checks carefully)  Kelly, I *think* that may just be your personal sexual fantasy.  Not that there's anything wrong with that(tm)

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...please God keep it all in balance with mutual admiration and respect......we don't need MOD's like BBMB Jayhawk pumping his chest and handing out infractions for getting the date wrong.......counterproductive....BELLIEVERS.com is 99% self policing......of course there are to and fro heated scrapes, but they usually end up in dual mea culpas in the heat of the battle.....civility makes it all work and makes MOD jobs easier despite their $200 grand a year salary...........

I believe BILLIEVERS is "invitation only", is it not? 

TBD these days is create an account, have it auto-checked as not spam, you're in.  So we need to do a certain amount of "after the fact" weeding.

ROTFL I don't think we have any chest-pumping mods handing out infractions for minutiae.  I'm trying to picture CBF or Nervous Guy in that role......naaaaah.

It's all about trying to maintain civil discourse and in TSW, "more or less" focused on football or football-related topics.  There are literally tens of thousands of places to discuss Poly Ticks in general.

4 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

How does one get classified as a "moderator"?

The site owner SDS asks you, and you agree.