[Vague Title]Our bills need to consider this

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I was giving this some thought.....who do you think we could get for a player like sayyyy Shaq Lawson?

4th or 5th round pick probably.  We got a 4th for Ragland.

Still another year to The Process.  Too many holes to fill.  This year the D got beefier and we nabbed our QB.  We're going to follow the same plan as last year, lean hard on the D and hope the O can put up enough points for the win.  After this upcoming season we'll recover a ton of salary cap room.  Next off-season we'll completely overhaul the O through free agency and the draft, custom tailored for our QB.

Edited by The Red King

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Or maybe he declined an offer to come in and talk.

Nobody seems to think of this.

Maybe he wants to woo a Kardippyan girl!  They change boy toys every so often.  It would be ironic if it was the one that is reputed to be a Simpson.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Rome was not built in a day.... move forward. 

Yawn with the cliches.

If 2 offseasons is a day in your analogy then the defending SB champ was indeed built in a day.

I remember listening to the Chip Kelly haters on this board talking about how far he had set that organization back by depleting their roster and making bad draft picks and two years later they won the Lombardi.

You don't have to slow build in the NFL......the days of going from reaching the wildcard round one year to reaching the division round next year to the championship game the next year etc.. are gone.

In fact it's smarter to be very aggressive because it's easier to accumulate talent fast than it is to gradually build and maintain a talented roster.

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yawn with the cliches.

If 2 offseasons is a day in your analogy then the defending SB champ was indeed built in a day.

I remember listening to the Chip Kelly haters on this board talking about how far he had set that organization back by depleting their roster and making bad draft picks and two years later they won the Lombardi.

You don't have to slow build in the NFL......the days of going from reaching the wildcard round one year to reaching the division round next year to the championship game the next year etc.. are gone.

In fact it's smarter to be very aggressive because it's easier to accumulate talent fast than it is to gradually build and maintain a talented roster.

Yawn with the annoying impatience. You can’t do it all at once. Period. 

If you want to be accurate, it hasn’t even been two seasons if you’re honest. One draft. 

Oh, and the Eagles happened to solve  the magical QB question, which appears to be helpful. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Wait for other teams' cuts.  Especially from teams with stacked rosters.

Didn't Denver draft WR in the 2nd and 4th? That could be one of those teams with Thomas and Sanders failing to impress last year.

Edited by Golden Goat

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yawn with the cliches.

This is Beane's 1st off-season as GM, same with the entire pro player personnel and scouting office.

Let's get that straight first

And no, one off-season is not enough to do a complete  tear down and rebuild.

Especially with the cap issues the Bills had entering this off season.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

This is what I’ve been saying !! 

Like i don’t get why they won’t just bring him in ? 

He would be better then anyone we have rn 

Because he is old, a shell of himself, and always injured.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

This is what I’ve been saying !! 

Like i don’t get why they won’t just bring him in ? 

He would be better then anyone we have rn 

he would cost way too much.. If McBeanes saw fit to move Dareus to save big $$, who can play, and then go and sign Dez, who can't anymore, for big $$ , then we have to rethink our front office

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

he would cost way too much.. If McBeanes saw fit to move Dareus to save big $$, who can play, and then go and sign Dez, who can't anymore, for big $$ , then we have to rethink our front office

I also think Dez is in a place where he is trying to rebuild his "Brand" as being an elite WR, he won't want to come to a place with AJ Mccaron throwing to him or a rookie. He had issues with Romo who was a proven vet and I can see him running over AJ/Allen. I think he wants to play somewhere with an established QB. I would guess he signs somewhere like GB.

First of all the team appears happy with the WRs already on the team.

Why over pay for players to be waived anyway?

Most will be waived over contract issues not because of lack of talent.

Be patient, after drafting a QB #1 its likely to be a priority in the next few months

17 hours ago, Augie said:

Yawn with the annoying impatience. You can’t do it all at once. Period. 

If you want to be accurate, it hasn’t even been two seasons if you’re honest. One draft. 

Oh, and the Eagles happened to solve  the magical QB question, which appears to be helpful. 

You see this is what happens when you spout hollow, inapplicable cliches.

Sean McDermott has been in total control of this team for two offseasons.

But hey, if you want to credit Doug Whaley for breaking the drought I am sure that will be a popular opinion around here.

14 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

This is Beane's 1st off-season as GM, same with the entire pro player personnel and scouting office.

Let's get that straight first

And no, one off-season is not enough to do a complete  tear down and rebuild.

Especially with the cap issues the Bills had entering this off season.

McDermott has had full control of this team for 2 entire offseasons.

He is in charge and has final say.........he has a background in personnel and was not so subtly accused of using the Panthers draft board in 2017.

If you want to pretend McD and Beane are just in year 1 and therefore aren't bound at the hip wrt their employment status in Buffalo that's your prerogative but you are wrong.        

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

McDermott has had full control of this team for 2 entire offseasons.

He is in charge and has final say.........he has a background in personnel and was not so subtly accused of using the Panthers draft board in 2017.

If you want to pretend McD and Beane are just in year 1 and therefore aren't bound at the hip wrt their employment status in Buffalo that's your prerogative but you are wrong.        

I also do not buy that McD and Beane were not running the show the draft before last....I think that trade down for Trey and picking up that additional first was all his baby.