Helpful (and time wasting) websites / apps

Almost fifty years ago, I asked my trigonometry teacher how I could determine where that jet was off in the western sky.  "Not enough variables known" was his reply.  Today, I bring up FlightAware on my phone or computer, and I am able to know altitude, speed, origin and destination of the flight.  Amazing, and as I learned at TBD, helpful in figuring out where the Pegulas are swinging a deal.

Boatnerd and Marine Traffic are interesting for my Great Lakes shipping traffic.

What interesting websites / apps do you use?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Put in all the words, dummy.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Almost fifty years ago, I asked my trigonometry teacher how I could determine where that jet was off in the western sky.  "Not enough variables known" was his reply.  Today, I bring up FlightAware on my phone or computer, and I am able to know altitude, speed, origin and destination of the flight.  Amazing, and as I learned at TBD, helpful in figuring out where the Pegulas are swinging a deal.

Boatnerd and Marine Traffic are interesting for my Great Lakes shipping traffic.

What interesting websites / apps do you use?

Not just GLs... Zoom in over China/Straits @ Indonesia... & view the shipping cluster eff...

I am @ the red dot just north of Calumet City... Nothing expected... But look down in Lemont... M/V Delbert E. Knoy will head thru later.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-87.8/centery:41.9/zoom:9

Just 100s of pleasure craft (PC) going up and down, almost all don't have AIS.  Commercial is mandated to have it turned on.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois