Tony Greene

Jarious Byrd

CB. --- Burch Byrd

Robert James

Nate Odomes 

Nate Clements. 

Punter.---  Brian Noorman

Kicker. --- Brian Lindell 

Interesting and fun to compare between folks.  I do have to point out that Stratton was an OLB.  Harry Jacobs played MLB, and he wouldn't be a bad choice

On 5/27/2018 at 5:46 AM, natedawg3535 said:

good list but deffinatly different then mine , but i have to be honest.......i dont know some of the older players you have listed but heres some names i thought shoulda been on

1. Fred Jackson

2. Ruben Brown

3. John Fina

4. Aaron Schobel

5. Nate Clements ( i feel like he is always underated )

6. Henry Jones

7. Kyle Wiliiams

8. Bryce Paup

9. Brian Moorman

10. Steve Tasker

Love Fred but we have had all time greats not just Bills greats.

• Like (+1) 1

How is Aaron Schobel not on most all 53?  Second all-time in sacks for Bills.  I would have Smith, M. Williams, and Schobel as my top 3 DE.  

I would put Peters in at OT.  I don't care how short of a Bills career he had here.  Wolford and Peters are the most talented OT this team has ever had.  

Add Rueben Brown over Ritcher

Brown and Schobel are my top two most underrated Bills

Moorman over McGuire

A bit of a cheat to put Gilchrist in as a FB but a nice way to get 5 worthy RB on the list

What a sad history of TE play in Buffalo

Is it too soon to put Micah Hyde in the conversation?  Kelso was so unathletic.   Give Hyde two more seasons playing at the level he did last year and he will be the best safety the Bills ever had.

15 hours ago, natedawg3535 said:

i just did a random google search of the best defensive tackles of all time and kyle williams pops up at #61  .....thats all DTs on all teams......of all time and you dont think he deserves to be on our top 53 ?!?! 

#stuckinthepast

Kyle is a great story.  He has been on some of the worst run stopping defenses of all-time.  He may be a top 50 interior pass rusher.  When playing in the 3-4 he is just not good.  As a 3 technique DT he is very very good.  Smerlas, Pat Williams, Ted Washington, and Sestak were all better in their eras.  

On 5/26/2018 at 9:15 PM, RPbillsfan said:

I thought it would be fun to put together a 53 man roster based on the Bills history from 1960 to 2017

Here is my All Bills team

QB - Jim Kelly, Joe Ferguson, Jack Kemp

RB - OJ Simpson, Thurman Thomas, Joe Cribbs, Leshon McCoy

FB - Cookie Gilcrist

OT - Harold Ballard, Wil Wolford, Stew Barber, Dave Foley

OG - Joe Delamilure, Reggie McKenzie, Jim Ritcher, Billy Shaw

C - Kent Hull, Al Bemiller

WR - Andre Reed, Eric Moulds, Jerry Butler, Elbert Dubenion, Bob Chandler

TE - Pete Metzellars, Charles Clay

KR/PR - Terrance McGee, Wallace Francis

P - Paul McGuire

K - Pete Gogolak

DE - Bruce Smith,  Ron McDole, Jerry Hughes, Earl Edwards

DT - Fred Smerlas, Ted Washington, Tom Sestak, Jim Dunaway

LB - Cornelius Bennett, Mike Stratton, Jim Haslett, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Darryl Talley, Shane Conlan

CB - Nate Odems, Antoine Winfield, Robert James, Butch Byrd

S - Mark Kelso, Jeff Nixon, George Saimes, Tony Greene, Steve Freeman

Please review and let me know your thoughts

James Lofton, Lee Evans and Frank Lewis are definitely also worthy of mention at WR. I also think Ben Williams and Phil Hansen make my team over Jerry Hughes and Earl Edwards at DE, Bryce Paul over London Fletcher at LB, Darrick Burroughs over Nate Odomes and Keith Mckeller over Charles Clay, Jay Riemersma honorable mention and Steve Christie as the kicker. 

Edited by Lenigmusx
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

James Lofton, Lee Evans and Frank Lewis are definitely also worthy of mention at WR. I also think Ben Williams and Phil Hansen make my team over Jerry Hughes and Earl Edwards at DE, Bryce Paul over London Fletcher at LB, Darrick Burroughs over Nate Odomes and Keith Mckeller over Charles Clay, Jay Riemersma honorable mention and Steve Christie as the kicker. 

So much great feedback from everyone I appreciate your input.

On 5/27/2018 at 11:21 PM, Rico said:

I only need 4 DT's and his play hasn't been better than any of my 4 IMO. Then there's his leadership, which is pretty damn good, but who is he really going to lead on that team? He'd be a sidekick at best.

According to the rankings he is in our top 4 all time.

FWIW

Three Bills made the all time AFL team,

Shaw [HOF], Sestak, and Saimes.

One of the biggest Bills Draft boots in history is Gerry Philbin, could you imagine the '65 defense with him.  He made Buddy Ryan at UB.

The following Bills made their all-decade NFL teams

Joe D

OJ

James Lofton

Bruce Smith

Thurman Thomas

Cornelius Bennett

Marv Levy

Brian Moorman

Terrell Owens  [Only 1 yr in Buffalo]

Think Moorman has to be the punter.

On 5/26/2018 at 8:15 PM, RPbillsfan said:

I thought it would be fun to put together a 53 man roster based on the Bills history from 1960 to 2017

Here is my All Bills team

QB - Jim Kelly, Joe Ferguson, Jack Kemp

RB - OJ Simpson, Thurman Thomas, Joe Cribbs, Leshon McCoy

FB - Cookie Gilcrist

OT - Harold Ballard, Wil Wolford, Stew Barber, Dave Foley

OG - Joe Delamilure, Reggie McKenzie, Jim Ritcher, Billy Shaw

C - Kent Hull, Al Bemiller

WR - Andre Reed, Eric Moulds, Jerry Butler, Elbert Dubenion, Bob Chandler

TE - Pete Metzellars, Charles Clay

KR/PR - Terrance McGee, Wallace Francis

P - Paul McGuire

K - Pete Gogolak

DE - Bruce Smith,  Ron McDole, Jerry Hughes, Earl Edwards

DT - Fred Smerlas, Ted Washington, Tom Sestak, Jim Dunaway

LB - Cornelius Bennett, Mike Stratton, Jim Haslett, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Darryl Talley, Shane Conlan

CB - Nate Odems, Antoine Winfield, Robert James, Butch Byrd

S - Mark Kelso, Jeff Nixon, George Saimes, Tony Greene, Steve Freeman

Please review and let me know your thoughts

Again, people forgetting about Reuben Brown....

I feel like it's almost weekly I have to bring him up. It's almost like my personal duty that people don't forget we had such an all-time great player on our roster for so long, yet he never gets mentioned because he came after the Super Bowl years & before the drought really picked up.

The guy deserves a spot on the wall IMO. Even though Kelly was great, Bruce was clearly the best player at his position on those SB teams. Similarly, Brown was the best at his position on his teams, but people are going to remember others more.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:12 PM, Lenigmusx said:

Out of all of those, I agree with Christie as the kicker too. The guy was clutch. If not him, then definitely Rian Lindell, as he was the most accurate kicker in Bills history.

In regards to your other suggestions, I'd still take London Fletcher at LB or throw a healthy Sam Cowart in there. Also, forgot about Jay Riemersma....really underrated & deserving of a spot too.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2018 at 9:33 PM, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Hmm, let's see.  Fergy had longevity.  He was a game manager handing off to OJ in his prime as the team had 2 winning seasons and  made the playoffs once in the 70s.  He was the QB for the Chuck Knox teams, winning the division in 1980 and making the playoffs in '81.  Kelly was drafted in '83 to replace him and he was let go even though Kelly went to the USFL. (Dufek, Mathison, Ferragamo, Yuck!)

Flutie's stay in Buffalo was a lot shorter but his teams were winners, but I think only somewhat due to him as the Defense was good. 

I lean towards Fergy for his many years as a Bill.

Yes the Flutie Bills did have a good defense, but when they put Johnson in with the same team they lost.  Flutie was 21-9 as a starter over 3 seasons.  70% win percentage.  Ferguson may have had a season or two, but overall was a never-was with a losing record.