All Time Bills 53 man Roster

I thought it would be fun to put together a 53 man roster based on the Bills history from 1960 to 2017

Here is my All Bills team

QB - Jim Kelly, Joe Ferguson, Jack Kemp

RB - OJ Simpson, Thurman Thomas, Joe Cribbs, Leshon McCoy

FB - Cookie Gilcrist

OT - Harold Ballard, Wil Wolford, Stew Barber, Dave Foley

OG - Joe Delamilure, Reggie McKenzie, Jim Ritcher, Billy Shaw

C - Kent Hull, Al Bemiller

WR - Andre Reed, Eric Moulds, Jerry Butler, Elbert Dubenion, Bob Chandler

TE - Pete Metzellars, Charles Clay

KR/PR - Terrance McGee, Wallace Francis

P - Paul McGuire

K - Pete Gogolak

DE - Bruce Smith,  Ron McDole, Jerry Hughes, Earl Edwards

DT - Fred Smerlas, Ted Washington, Tom Sestak, Jim Dunaway

LB - Cornelius Bennett, Mike Stratton, Jim Haslett, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Darryl Talley, Shane Conlan

CB - Nate Odems, Antoine Winfield, Robert James, Butch Byrd

S - Mark Kelso, Jeff Nixon, George Saimes, Tony Greene, Steve Freeman

Please review and let me know your thoughts

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Here's what I'd change:

K:  I'd have Christie

LB:  Paul instead of Spikes

CB: Edgerson instead of Odoms.  Edgerson was actually as good if not better than Byrd

TE:  Ernie Warlick over Clay

Great feedback, I was thinking of Christie but Gogolak was so clutch in 64 and 65 and historical as the first soccer style kicker

Edgerson in 1964-1966 was quite good, but got torched later in his career, Odoms was a more solid player in my opinion

I was considering Shane Nelson instead of Spikes, Bryce Paup wasn't here long enough, or he would have made my list

For TE I was think Paul Costa from the 60's

3 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Great feedback, I was thinking of Christie but Gogolak was so clutch in 64 and 65 and historical as the first soccer style kicker

Edgerson in 1964-1966 was quite good, but got torched later in his career, Odoms was a more solid player in my opinion

I was considering Shane Nelson instead of Spikes, Bryce Paup wasn't here long enough, or he would have made my list

For TE I was think Paul Costa from the 60's

I see where you're coming from.  And I would have had Moorman, forgot that one.  Oh, and Schoebel instead of Edwards.  maybe Tppier Day as well.

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I see where you're coming from.  And I would have had Moorman, forgot that one.  Oh, and Schoebel instead of Edwards.  maybe Tppier Day as well.

Schoenberg or Tom Day would have been better choices, I had McDole from the 60's Bills as Day left the Bills, spent time with the Chargers and then came back later, Schoebel was steady and excellent for years.  Moore man I think was our best punter.

loving the great feedback on this topic

2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Schoenberg or Tom Day would have been better choices, I had McDole from the 60's Bills as Day left the Bills, spent time with the Chargers and then came back later, Schoebel was steady and excellent for years.  Moore man I think was our best punter.

loving the great feedback on this topic

Brings back great memories

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Punter is Moornan

you got to have Stevie Johnson on there somewhere. That’s just a testament to how bad our Recievers have been all time.

Reed Moulds Lofton Johnson Tasker(STs)

no to Cribbs IMO

no Kyle Williams?

CB should have Clements

I honestly was comparing Fred Jackson to Cribbs, leaned to Cribbs due to his contribution to playoff teams against Fred's longevity

It came down to Clements vs Winfield, tough choice

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There is no way Stevie Johnson replaces Reed, Moulds, Duby, Butler, or Chandler.  Plus you'd have guys like Lofton and Frank Lewis not on there than would go before Johnson if it were my call

Look at the QBs Stevie Johnson played with and how bad the coaching and team was. He still has 3 years that we’re as good or better then any other Bills WR ever. He needs to be on the team IMO

4 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

Some other suggestions...

OL Rueben Brown

DT Kyle Williams

A WR spot has to be used for Steve Tasker

LB Bryce Paup 

S Henry Jones

Yeah, I'd sub Brown for Richter.  And just use MgGee as KR to make room for Taskerp

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Look at the QBs Stevie Johnson played with and how bad the coaching and team was. He still has 3 years that we’re as good or better then any other Bills WR ever. He needs to be on the team IMO

Well that's the fun of this kind of thing is the debate.

some make an argument for Kyle.  But I saw Dunaway play and he and  Sestak together were phenomenal.

Jim Braxton needs to there, So does Tasker

Ernie Warlick over Clay

Kyle over Earl Edwards 

Ted Washington over Dunaway

Edgerson has to play. 

Joe Develin over Barber and Foley

Wallace Francis was good but not all time Bills good. 

Moorman over Macguire

Christie over Gogolak. 

Reuben Brown for sure

• Like (+1) 2