Iron Maiden 2018/2019 World Tour....

13 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

A lot of Maiden's song offer tempo swings ( from slow to heavy or heavy to slow )....just on this current tour, there's 4 songs that fits that criteria....Sign of the cross, Clansman, Hallowed be thy name and For the Greater good of God....

Music is such a personal thing....but clearly, they have a HUGE following....not many metal bands can sellout arenas anywhere on the planet like they do....as sometime else mentioned, they are Heavy Metal legends ( with Sabbath, Priest etc...)

For Iron Maiden fans, it's also great that they still pump out some new stuff every 3-4 years...Book of Souls (2016 ) was a fantastic album....

Maybe I need to listen to more of their music.  No one can question the following they enjoy and the shows sell out wherever they go as far as I'm aware.

17 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

i am closing in on 43. Sabbath is an iconic band for sure, but i like Maiden better. just my own personal preference. they were a band i was introduced to somewhere around the time i was discovering music other than what my parents were listening to. also, Eddie was just an insanely awesome mascot! while not being overly heavy, Iron Maiden is a lot of fun. 

I agree ,they are entertaining but it was Metallica for me and just progressed from there.

I like Sabbath because they are slower and which makes it more powerful. If you listened to any of the vids  I posted you will see that they all have those  deep crunchy riffs, I'm not a fan of super fast metal, slow power for me.

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I agree ,they are entertaining but it was Metallica for me and just progressed from there.

I like Sabbath because they are slower and which makes it more powerful. If you listened to any of the vids  I posted you will see that they all have those  deep crunchy riffs, I'm not a fan of super fast metal, slow power for me.

i did listen to those videos, or at least large portions of them.  i guess i am just a fan of a different style of heavy music. Lamb of God, Devil Driver, Machine Head, even Slipknot, old Mudvayne...i know that none of them are as heavy as the stuff you prefer, but these are all much more my speed. 

4 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

i did listen to those videos, or at least large portions of them.  i guess i am just a fan of a different style of heavy music. Lamb of God, Devil Driver, Machine Head, even Slipknot, old Mudvayne...i know that none of them are as heavy as the stuff you prefer, but these are all much more my speed. 

I like those guys, I play those when the wife is around so she won't complain as much, lol

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I like those guys, I play those when the wife is around so she won't complain as much, lol

you're a lucky man. my wife and kids listen to country/pop and top pop 40 stuff. i listen to my stuff when i am in my car on the way to work. although, i do subject them to some real music when they hop in my car. 

9 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

you're a lucky man. my wife and kids listen to country/pop and top pop 40 stuff. i listen to my stuff when i am in my car on the way to work. although, i do subject them to some real music when they hop in my car. 

friggin hate country and pop... And rap.

Basically  I only like from rock to metal , everything else is a nuisance.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

friggin hate country and pop... And rap.

Basically  I only like from rock to metal , everything else is a nuisance.

the best form of music is definitely found in the rock/metal category. but i have found some good stuff in the other genres. there is a time and a place for a lot of different music.

• Like (+1) 1

Nicko McBrain ....I love that old geezer...he's in his 60's and still playing metal...When Iron Maiden is not touring or recording a new album, he lives in Florida where he owns a BBQ/Smokehouse joint called  " Rock and Roll Ribs "...it's must stop if you're a Maiden fan...Tons of memorabilia........

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2018 at 6:57 AM, swnybillsfan said:

the best form of music is definitely found in the rock/metal category. but i have found some good stuff in the other genres. there is a time and a place for a lot of different music.

I'm with you on this..... Metal/Hard Rock is my favorite type of music by far, but I'll listen to other kind of Rock...... Pink Floyd, Rush and the Rolling Stones are good examples of the other bands I like......my wife is a huge Collective Soul fan and it's starting to grow on me.... Nothing however comes close to Maiden, Megadeth , Metallica, Judas Priest etc.......

Edited by Iron Maiden

3 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

I'm with you on this..... Metal/Hard Rock is my favorite type of music by far, but I'll listen to other kind of Rock...... Pink Floyd, Rush and the Rolling Stones are good examples of the other bands I like......my wife is a huge Collective Soul fan and it's starting to grow on me.... Nothing however comes close to Maiden, Megadeth , Metallica, Judas Priest etc.......

i was once a pure metal head. but as i have gotten older, i have grown an appreciation for many different styles. also, having a wife and two daughters doesn't always allow for metal, metal, and more metal. i still hate a lot of the stuff that i am forced to listen to, but i have found some good stuff in with the wreckage.

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

how are the old boys holding out?  they gonna get through this whole planned tour?

hope so!!

They look good...My only worries are Bruce's voice ( after throat cancer, you can't take anything for granted ) and Nicko....Drumming for Iron Maiden is hard...imagine doing it in your 60's...

11 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

They look good...My only worries are Bruce's voice ( after throat cancer, you can't take anything for granted ) and Nicko....Drumming for Iron Maiden is hard...imagine doing it in your 60's...

Thanks IM, his voice is a concern, usually there are younger accompanying drummers on the spot to help out for this kind of thing.