John Clayton: Best Scenario - Josh Allen Starts in December

Sounds like he’s setting himself up for another season to make an appearance on the Stoop and Lapdog show.

I hate to poke fun at the radio guys because their job can’t be easy, but after listening to them this past week after the NFL’s Anthem decision, I seriously believe Stoop is a radical leftist and Lapdog is a f’ing moron with no backbone.

• Like (+1) 1

Ive never understood this thinking, so we hope AJ McCarron is bad enough for Allen to start in December? So we waste 3 months that we should be developing Josh Allen for a guy that may or may not even be here next year? No way, if Allen is even close to McCarron, he should start.

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

If he wins the job against a 5 year NFL vet, that means he's ready. It makes no sense to start McCarron if Allen out plays him.

there's "outplays" and "OutPlays" IYKWIM?  If Allen is just head and shoulders above everyone else in play, not just in vertical inches, sure, play him.  But preseason isn't the season, and plenty of guys have been "preseason warriors" then folded in September.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

My best case scenario is that we keep all 3 qbs

......they all play outstanding

.....we keep Josh Allen on the bench for a year and play AJM

.....we trade AJM for a 1st round pick

(I know its not happening but)

Trade him to Cleveland for their first pick in the second round. 

Clayton also said there was no way on earth that Cincy would beat Baltimore and our best hope was for Oakland to beat Chargers and Jax to beat Tenn.

Guess Clayton was wrong again...

His comments make great sense considering the that MacCarron and Alex Smith are th exact same QB, with the exact same talent level.

...ridiculous.  Protect the QB, but the team still has to play meaningful football.  Not right to sit him if ends up being the better QB early on.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

14 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

John Clayton is, perhaps, the most knowledgeable analyst I ever heard. He has his ear to all insider info and doesn’t mints words. I would head his advice. 

TBD gold. 

Coach has demonstrated that if a QB stinks it up for a couple games, he will get pulled so somebody else can get a chance.  It doesn’t matter who starts, he will be on a short leash. IMHO, that makes sense under the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Gray Beard said:

TBD gold. 

Coach has demonstrated that if a QB stinks it up for a couple games, he will get pulled so somebody else can get a chance.  It doesn’t matter who starts, he will be on a short leash. IMHO, that makes sense under the circumstances. 

Stinking it up in 4 of 5 is not a couple it is a few.  

3 to 10 points and QBR of under 45 is what drove that need for a change. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Stinking it up in 4 of 5 is not a couple it is a few.  

3 to 10 points and QBR of under 45 is what drove that need for a change. 

You bring up a good point.  Just how short will the leash be?  With Allen and McCarron, whoever starts will know that there is a guy on the sidelines who could be seen as a better option if things aren’t working out. Three bad games? Five bad games? Put n the other guy if there is going to be a tough game and the Bills are a significant underdog? (Which is what may have been the case when Peterman went in against the Chargers. Try the new guy and send a message to the old guy in a game that would have been an upset if the Bills won no matter who played.)

• Like (+1) 1