John Clayton: Best Scenario - Josh Allen Starts in December

05-25 John Clayton on Schopp and Bulldog

http://www.wgr550.com/media/podcast/schopp-and-bulldog

So I guess John Clayton is coming to Buffalo for a Fatasy Football convention this summer. He was on Schopp and Bulldog to promote it a bit but did talk some Bills.

Of course, they asked when the Bills should play Allen.  John said they should follow KC’s lead and start him in December like Mahomes did - when he played a meaningless game in Week 17.  Surprisingly he was down on Chicago starting Trubisky in Week 5 and felt it was too early.  

This comment kind of made me scratch my head because many others have said you need to get him on the field sooner.  Obviously not the first week but at some point before Week 17.  The other difference is that the Bills might not have a QB on the roster that can perform like an Alex Smith who had one of his best seasons statiscally  in 2017.  So the gab between McCarron and Allen might not be as large.  

Im going to guess that Allen starts in Week 10 Of the season which would be November.  Still I think Clayton is off on this one

Edited by BuffaloRush

5 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Hindsight observations are the easiest ones to make one look knowledgeable 

Pretty unusual for the second string guy to take over the starting spot. Usually happens only when there's an injury, the games are meaningless or the strarter is in a bad slump AND the playoffs are on the line.  

It ordinarily doesn't happen just because someone decides it's a good time to start the rookie.  

Edited by Shaw66

Best scenario for who?  That's"worst case" scenario. Everybody is writing off this year as a building year with no shot at postseason play. KC had a competent playoff caliber QB above Mahomes, we have McCarron. If AJ plays well you ride with him and let Josh develop. If Josh wins the starting gig outright then cross your fingers.

11 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

John Clayton is, perhaps, the most knowledgeable analyst I ever heard. He has his ear to all insider info and doesn’t mints words. I would head his advice. 

Being knowledgeable and intelligent are different no?

?

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Let the Clayton bashing begin.  How dare he. 

I’ve read some Clayton’s stuff.  

Hes done some crappy reporting on the Bills. 

48 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Clayton is off on a lot of things. I don’t find much of what he says particularly insightful. 

A lot of his specific takes on the Bills are straight up wrong, where he is obviously looking in from the outside.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

05-25 John Clayton on Schopp and Bulldog

http://www.wgr550.com/media/podcast/schopp-and-bulldog

So I guess John Clayton is coming to Buffalo for a Fatasy Football convention this summer. He was on Schopp and Bulldog to promote it a bit but did talk some Bills.

Of course, they asked when the Bills should play Allen.  John said they should follow KC’s lead and start him in December like Mahomes did - when he played a meaningless game in Week 18.  Surprisingly he was down on Chicago starting Trunisky in Week 5 and felt it was too early.  

This comment kind of made me scratch my head because many others have said you need to get him on the field sooner.  Obviously not the first week but at some point before Week 18.  The other difference is that the Bills might not have a QB on the roster that can perform like an Alex Smith who had one of his best seasons statiscally  in 2017.  So the gab between McCarron and Allen might not be as large.  

Im going to guess that Allen starts in Week 10 Of the season which would be November.  Still I think Clayton is off on this one

It is amazing that his opinion is considered at all. Can't stand him.

I believe his only credential is that he was chased home by a football player when he was in school. 

23 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Best case scenario Allen beats out McCarron & Peterman in the preseason. 

Best case scenario is any of them becoming a franchise QB for the Bills. Although it's most likely Allen because he's the only one that hasn't failed a shot because he hasn't had a shot yet. 

Edited by Lfod

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Pretty unusual for the second string guy to take over the starting spot. Usually happens only when there's an injury, the games are meaningless or the strarter is in a bad slump AND the playoffs are on the line.  

It ordinarily doesn't happen just because someone decides it's a good time to start the rookie.  

Unless you are Buffalo Bills.
you were here for the Peterman thing weren't you ?☺️

• Haha (+1) 1