What are YOUR expectations if Allen wins the start?

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

i still don’t know why they didn’t take a chance with ESB from Notre Dame.  

I agree about his upside... Hard to believe he wasn't drafted till the 6th... Someone said something about red flags, didn't they?

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

If he wins it in an HONEST battle, there should be no downside at ALL to start him week 1.

To me, winning the start means he's the guy who gives us the best chance to win games NOW... Like I said, 7 wins is my bar....3+ game winning drives would also help in converting me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

Josh Allen had a modest fan club on this board before the Bills drafted him... Since Beane did the deed, many who were on the fence have swung over to Allentown. -Even some long-time residents of Rosenburg are begrudgingly starting relocate.

I never cared for either town, but as a Bills fan, I'm always on the lookout for a good N.Y. real estate. if the rookie wins the start, I NEED 7 wins. -With at least a 3-game streak... If I see that kind of value, I might just pack up and sell my home in McCarron.... FYI, I also have a small condo in Nathanville. It's not officially on the Market yet, but I'll consider any reasonable offers. :P.

i'm just ecstatic that we no longer have to stroll through Taylor Falls.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i'm just ecstatic that we no longer have to stroll through Taylorville.

Ugh! -Hated every minute I spent in that town...

Got a few lots up in Cardale I'm hanging onto still... I think something may still happen up there :P

Edited by #34fan

12 minutes ago, #34fan said:

To me, winning the start means he's the guy who gives us the best chance to win games NOW... Like I said, 7 wins is my bar....3+ game winning drives would also help in converting me.

I'd like to see 20:14 TD/INT ratio with 3,500 passing yards minimum. Anything less than that and I'm going to start getting really worried and I may question my faith in him.

5 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

He'll make some brilliant plays and some cringe-worthy plays, and he'll learn from them. Next year, when we'll have a boatload of money in FA, surround him with legitimate offensive threats and take the training wheels off.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. 

Win or lose, I think it's most important  what Allen looks like than how he plays.

By week 12, does he start looking more comfortable? Does he start grasping the offense? Does he make decisions for the right reason (not necessarily the right result)? 

Most importantly, is he aggressive? I don't care if we're 1-11, when there's 4 minutes left in a one score game, does he try to win? Does he attack a defense? Does he trust his arm in a tough throw in a big spot?

I'm a firm believer that a rookie who plays their whole or almost their whole first year, you see their ceiling by the end. You see what they will

be. Derek Carr in his 15th game already looked like Derek Carr. Russell Wilson was the Russell Wilson by the 2013 postseason. 

If I can see the vision by the end of year one, its on. If Allen is skittish, uncomfortable, unaggressive, we're in trouble.

You can make an aggressive QB tone down the mistakes, you CANNOT make a conservative QB trust themselves and their arm.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, #34fan said:

Josh Allen had a modest fan club on this board before the Bills drafted him... Since Beane did the deed, many who were on the fence have swung over to Allentown. -Even some long-time residents of Rosenburg are begrudgingly starting relocate.

I never cared for either town, but as a Bills fan, I'm always on the lookout for a good N.Y. real estate. if the rookie wins the start, INEED 7 wins. -With at least a 3-game streak... If I see that kind of value, I might just pack up and sell my home in McCarron.... FYI, I also have a small condo in Nathanville. It's not officially on the Market yet, but I'll consider any reasonable offers. :P.

Do you think Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen will do that?

9 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

, when there's 4 minutes left in a one score game, does he try to win? 

This is HUGE.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Do you think Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen will do that?

If we drafted any of them, I'd want the same thing...

Since we made the playoffs last season and I think our defense will be significantly better, I'm expecting the playoffs. If he wins the job out of training camp it means he gives us the best chance to win. He'll be Offensive ROY.

My expectations is that is he starts the experiment begins and Allen stays the starter until the experiment is over regulardless of the outcome. If you start him and he gets killed I won't be listening to excuses because I wanted the team to be patient and not start him until everything around him was ready as well as him being fully ready for the NFL.

Edited by Lfod