Does your dislike of the Patriots go into Boston's other teams?

I don't hate the Patriots.  I actually appreciate them for providing us with phenomenal football over the past decade-plus.  I hate the Red Sox because they always have douchebag players, from Schilling to Pedroia.  Celtics, I've always liked.  Bruins ... I don't care about hockey.  

What I hate are Bostonians.  Bunch of pretentious, snobby, condescending, arrogant pieces of ****.  I hate the city because of its residents.  I went once.  Did the aquarium and Cheers.  That was enough for me.  Snobby !@#$s looking me up and down.  !@#$ them.  I'll take NYC any day of the week over that shithhole.

Other than that, I love the place.

• Haha (+1) 1

As a Mets fan I have/had a soft spot for the Red Sox. We beat them in the WS a lifetime ago and I will always root for them against the Yankees. Always.

But once they won a WS around the time Brady started dominating it changed. I still root for them against the Yankees, but definitely the Hatriot virus has spread to the Red   Sox.

Lakers fan and became one during the showtime era so I hate the Celts.

Yankee fan so I hate the sox

Obviously a Bills fan so I hate the patriots*

I'll be rooting for LeBron.  Off/on topic but I'm jilted when it comes to Chris paul.  He should have been on the Lakers!  Then he went to the clippers add in a few unsporting nut shots and ill also be rooting for the warriors in game 7.

Edited by section122

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Your parents left Flushing for a swamp. I hope that decision was a wise one.

They worked on the 83rd Floor of Tower 2/WTC from '74 to till we moved. Much as I hated the swamp, the decision was a wise one. ?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Golden Goat said:

They worked on the 83rd Floor of Tower 2/WTC from '74 to till we moved. Much as I hated the swamp, the decision was a wise one. ?

Wow,for sure. Hope they are doing OK since I'm sure that horrible day is a major part of their lives forever. Peace to you and your parents!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Wow,for sure. Hope they are doing OK since I'm sure that horrible day is a major part of their lives forever. Peace to you and your parents!!!!

Thanks for that. :) We all feel incredibly lucky and blessed.

No, if I was into other sports I would be a Red Sox  and Celtics fan.

Never have hated the patriots although the touchdowns that were taken away from us and Pittsburgh really got on my nerves so I like them a lot less.  I have admired their ability to keep winning all these years even though Tom is a metro and Hoody is a soulless machine.

Boston is a fun city, with plenty of beautiful women, good times.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Growing up in Buffalo, in the 70's, the Buffalo Braves were my favorite team in all of sports.More than the Bills, more than the Sabres...

I hated the Celtics, because they always stood in the way of the Braves.  My brother traded in his Celics fandom (he was 8 years older, and liked them during the tail-end of the Russull dynasty years), and we always pulled for the Braves. 

When the Braves left town, I was devastated.  I played all sports growing up, but basketball was, by far, the one I had the most success...loved the game.  My dad was, as an St Bonaventure alum, was all about Bonnies basketball...basketball was the family sport. I couldn't just quit the NBA cold turkey. 

I tried to be a San Diego Clippers fan, for one year..it was impossible.  Virtually no NBA highlights on tv, and if you liked a west-coast team, on the east cost, you might have to wait 2 days to read a box score in the paper...  

I was spinning my wheels, loving basketball, but no team to root for...games of any kind were hard to find on tv, other then edited playoff games that were shown after the 11pmm news, on tape delay.  For some reason, I always hated the Knicks. It kinda sucked.  

But then, in 1980, my family got cable television.  We got the Boston "super-station ", which showed all the Celtics games.  It just happened to be the beginnning of the Larry Bird-era.  Though I despised them as a a kid (Tom Heinson, Havelechek, Jo Jo White, Dave !@#$ing Cowens!), I suddenly had a team to follow...and they were great.  My brother and I "re-located" our Braves loyalty to the Celtics.  It has nothing to do with the city of Boston..  I hate all other teams from the area.  

The Celtics are, seriously, in my 53 years, the only team I have ever pulled for to win a championship.  Four in my time as a fan, fingers crossed tor a 5th in the next year or two.  I get **** from a lot of Buffalo people for liken g rooting for the Celtics, but I just love the franchise.  They do it right.  Had a rough patch aftger the Bird teams faded, thanks, in no small part to some really bad luck.  But they have always beeen a smart franchise.  Can't wait for game 7!  GO CELTICS!!!

Edited by Buftex

14 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Celtics are playing Game 7 against the Cavs tomorrow night.  I'm partial to the Cavs but I can't really imagine rooting for the Celtics under any circumstance.

I wasn't always like that as I think I even had a Celtics shirt as a kid because I was partial to Larry.  The Patriots this century kinda made me lump all Boston's teams together.  You know most likely Patriots fans root for the Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins as well

As a Yankee fan I hate the f$&@ redsox , always hated the bruins , just as you I liked the Celtics in the early 80's , The way I feel about Boston is just like Steve Johnson once said ...( I wouldn't care either) 

Edited by Putin

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I really like the city of Boston (one of the worst big city for hot women however) and have spent a lot of time there.  I actually used to root for them when they were suffering Buffalo style in sports.  But since they started winning, their fans are the worst.  

My pet peeve is fans who act like they are better because the team they watch is good.  Like they are on the team.  It’s weird.

I don't know where you went but that place was crawling with babes when I was there.

9 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I really like the city of Boston.

I wish I could replace all of the people with people I like, and get rid of every one of the sports teams.

But, I really like the city.

that's what I think of America :D

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I don't hate the Patriots.  I actually appreciate them for providing us with phenomenal football over the past decade-plus.  I hate the Red Sox because they always have douchebag players, from Schilling to Pedroia.  Celtics, I've always liked.  Bruins ... I don't care about hockey.  

What I hate are Bostonians.  Bunch of pretentious, snobby, condescending, arrogant pieces of ****.  I hate the city because of its residents.  I went once.  Did the aquarium and Cheers.  That was enough for me.  Snobby !@#$s looking me up and down.  !@#$ them.  I'll take NYC any day of the week over that shithhole.

Other than that, I love the place.

Wasn't a big fan of NYC, seemed more arrogant to me.

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

Growing up in Buffalo, in the 70's, the Buffalo Braves were my favorite team in all of sports.More than the Bills, more than the Sabres...

I hated the Celtics, because they always stood in the way of the Braves.  My brother traded in his Celics fandom (he was 8 years older, and liked them during the tail-end of the Russull dynasty years), and we always pulled for the Braves. 

When the Braves left town, I was devastated.  I played all sports growing up, but basketball was, by far, the one I had the most success...loved the game.  My dad was, as an St Bonaventure alum, was all about Bonnies basketball...basketball was the family sport. I couldn't just quit the NBA cold turkey. 

I tried to be a San Diego Clippers fan, for one year..it was impossible.  Virtually no NBA highlights on tv, and if you liked a west-coast team, on the east cost, you might have to wait 2 days to read a box score in the paper...  

I was spinning my wheels, loving basketball, but no team to root for...games of any kind were hard to find on tv, other then edited playoff games that were shown after the 11pmm news, on tape delay.  For some reason, I always hated the Knicks. It kinda sucked.  

But then, in 1980, my family got cable television.  We got the Boston "super-station ", which showed all the Celtics games.  It just happened to be the beginnning of the Larry Bird-era.  Though I despised them as a a kid (Tom Heinson, Havelechek, Jo Jo White, Dave !@#$ing Cowens!), I suddenly had a team to follow...and they were great.  My brother and I "re-located" our Braves loyalty to the Celtics.  It has nothing to do with the city of Boston..  I hate all other teams from the area.  

The Celtics are, seriously, in my 53 years, the only team I have ever pulled for to win a championship.  Four in my time as a fan, fingers crossed tor a 5th in the next year or two.  I get **** from a lot of Buffalo people for liken g rooting for the Celtics, but I just love the franchise.  They do it right.  Had a rough patch aftger the Bird teams faded, thanks, in no small part to some really bad luck.  But they have always beeen a smart franchise.  Can't wait for game 7!  GO CELTICS!!!

Ouch!  Booo!

Was going through 4 pages of this thread and thinking "Where are the old Braves fans to bring up insane Braves-bred hatred of the Celtics" - then I see the first sentence and think "finally", then in some kind of horror movie Shamalayan-esque twist the whole post goes very wrong (perhaps some Alien snatched your body?).

To Braves fans the Celtics and their arrogant stupid fans and organization were the Patriots of that day.  Oh how we loved to hate that smug organization with their "swagger" and stupid iconic history dripping off them like old sweaty seat socks. 

Cemented in every Braves fan memory should be Game 6 of the 1974 Braves-Celtics playoff match.  It was the Buffalo NBA version of the "Just Give It To Them" game (but worse).  The Braves were down by 4 with 30 seconds left, but after a miraculous sequence of two steals and two McAdoo baskets (Two Two for McAdoooo!) the Braves had tied it with seven seconds left.  What transpired next will (should) live forever in Buffalo sports infamy (Never Forget!).

On the ensuing Celtics possession, McAdoo blocked the initial shot, and Jo Jo White grabbed the ball and launched a wild shot that missed.  Euphoria!, but wait...  Unbelievably the refs called a foul on McAdoo as White fell to the floor during his desperate heave at the basket 'with no time left' (more on this later).  A foul that is NEVER called in that situation (sound familiar?)  

Then the real fun began.  The refs sent White to the line by himself to shoot the free throws to end the game since there was 'no time left' when he was fouled.  But wait - if there was no time left, there is no foul?  If there is a foul, there has to be time left and the Braves get the ball back (at midcourt) for one last play?  No - in their wisdom the refs ruled that a call that occurred after time expired counted - just give it to them.  The underdog Braves were not supposed to win that series over the 'storied' Celtics - and the refs made sure of it (sound familiar).

The next morning the following iconic picture appeared in the Buffalo paper clearly showing a second left after the phantom foul - it is forever seared in my brain.  It cemented my hatred even more for all things Celtic - evermore (amazingly I couldn't find it online and had to scan it from my copy of "Buffalo  Home of the Braves")

image.png.0b05ac0ce794ba04a92095733267c75b.png

I friggin hate all teams Boston.  I hate the friggin Cheaters, I hate the friggin Celtics, I hate the friggin Bruins, and the Red Sox I didn't care about until they Finally Won their stupid World Series then I had to endure a year of teary Bahstahn testimonials about how 12 generations of their family had to endure such tragedy for So Long - screw freaking Boston fans and all their stupid freaking teams.  I hate then ALL.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Ouch!  Booo!

Was going through 4 pages of this thread and thinking "Where are the old Braves fans to bring up insane Braves-bred hatred of the Celtics" - then I see the first sentence and think "finally", then in some kind of horror movie Shamalayan-esque twist the whole post goes very wrong (perhaps some Alien snatched your body?).

To Braves fans the Celtics and their arrogant stupid fans and organization were the Patriots of that day.  Oh how we loved to hate that smug organization with their "swagger" and stupid iconic history dripping off them like old sweaty seat socks. 

Cemented in every Braves fan memory should be Game 6 of the 1974 Braves-Celtics playoff match.  It was the Buffalo NBA version of the "Just Give It To Them" game (but worse).  The Braves were down by 4 with 30 seconds left, but after a miraculous sequence of two steals and two McAdoo baskets (Two Two for McAdoooo!) the Braves had tied it with seven seconds left.  What transpired next will live forever in Buffalo sports infamy (Never Forget!).

On the ensuing Celtics possession, McAdoo blocked the initial shot, and Jo Jo White grabbed the ball and launched a wild shot that missed.  Euphoria!, but wait...  Unbelievably the refs called a foul on McAdoo as White fell to the floor during his desperate heave at the basket 'with no time left' (more on this later).  A foul that is NEVER called in that situation (sound familiar?)  

Then the real fun began.  The refs sent White to the line by himself to shoot the free throws to end the game since there was 'no time left' when he was fouled.  But wait - if there was no time left, there is no foul?  If there is a foul, there has to be time left and the Braves get the ball back (at midcourt) for one last play?  No - in their wisdom the refs ruled that a call that occurred after time expired counted - just give it to them.  The underdog Braves were not supposed to win that series over the 'storied' Celtics - and the refs made sure of it (sound familiar).

The next morning the following iconic picture appeared in the Buffalo paper clearly showing a second left after the phantom foul - it is forever seared in my brain.  It cemented my hatred even more for all things Celtic - evermore (amazingly I couldn't find it online and had to scan it from my copy of "Buffalo  Home of the Braves")

image.png.0b05ac0ce794ba04a92095733267c75b.png

I friggin hate all teams Boston.  I hate the friggin Cheaters, I hate the friggin Celtics, I hate the friggin Bruins, and the Red Sox I didn't care about until they Finally Won their stupid World Series then I had to endure a year of teary Bahstahn testimonials about how 12 generations of their family had to endure such tragedy for So Long - screw freaking Boston fans and all their stupid freaking teams.  I hate then ALL.

But it appears that you do like stand up comedians from Boston though...

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

But it appears that you do like stand up comedians from Boston though...

That's a pic of Sean McDermott joking about The Process