Does your dislike of the Patriots go into Boston's other teams?

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Did the Pats have a team before Brady? 

Yeah, but they were kind of quaint and harmless. Never really needed to pay much attention to them.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I'm also a Yankee's fan.  So I pretty much hate all of their teams.  None like the Patriots tho.

Teddy Brushi I may actually dislike more than Brady.

Please don't ban me from the board or tar and feather me, but I actually admire Bill Belichick.  I just wish he coached the Bills instead of the Patriots.

I used to.  Then the whole scandel thing started.  Beli went and threw a temper tantrum, running up the scores on helpless teams just to make a point and stick it to the commish.  It was childish and immature.  I lost all respect for the man that season and grinned a little more then I should have when karma came back and bit him, ruining his perfect season by tripping him up at the finish line.

I still respect his coaching abilities, just not the man himself anymore.

Edited by The Red King

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

No. My situation is kinda weird, I guess.

My dad grew up in Buffalo and only really followed football, so we grew up Bills fans. However, we were born and raised around Boston.

I root for every Boston team, except the Pats.

Wow, same situation as me. Dad moved here about 30 years ago. Every other Boston fan base is completely tolerable aside from pats fans. It’s like they take on a different persona. I’m a huge redsox fan, buy a ticket package every year. Not nearly as insufferable as pats fans and obviously they are the same people. It’s just a weird phenomenon 

Nope. I live in Wenham, MA and while I detest all things Patriots, I dig the Sox and Celtics and don’t even hate the Bruins. Now if the Bs and Sabres were competitive it would be different, but for now I’m fine with the Bruins.

Edited by Thurmal34

No, I hate the Pats, don’t care about the bruins or Sox, and was born a Celtics fan because my dad became one when the Braves moved and the owner swapped teams with the Celtics. Our whole family was raised as Celtics fans. We even each got stock in the team one year for Christmas when they were still publically held. We had a framed picture of Red Auerbach in our family room. The Pats were terrible when I was growing up, so I never thought of it as any kind of dichotomy. In the early 2000s when I started loathing the Pats I was already in my 20s and a lifelong Celtics fan so too late to change. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Having spent my teen years in South Florida, I hate the Dolphins (slightly) more than I hate the Pats. I can't stand any Florida pro franchise.

Oddly, that's not the case with Boston. Just the Pats. I'm rooting for the Celtics.

Your parents left Flushing for a swamp. I hope that decision was a wise one.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

I used to.  Then the whole scandel thing started.  Beli went and threw a temper tantrum, running up the scores on helpless teams just to make a point and stick it to the commish.  It was childish and immature.  I lost all respect for the man that season and grinned a little more then I should have when karma came back and bit him, ruining his perfect season by tripping him up at the finish line.

I still respect his coaching abilities, just not the man himself anymore.

No they ran the score up on everyone.

Red Sox are my most hated team by far, and the Celtics are up there. Pats are more annoying than hated, and the Bruins are irrelevant.

I do hate all those #$%^ing chowderheads, not just in Boston but anyone in the region with that wicked pissah accent.

6 hours ago, THE SLAMMER said:

I hate the Patriots, Celtics and Bruins

Hate their Boston Cream Pie, Clam Chowder, their accents, Samuel Adams beer,Fenway Franks,Boston baked beans.

I hate anyone ever born there. If it was up to me the Boston Massacre would be next week

only kidding

I hate everything about Boston. But true story...my mom makes a delicious Boston cream pie and in my family our hate for Boston is so strong, it's always been called "Buffalo cake". Even my kids call it that now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2