Does your dislike of the Patriots go into Boston's other teams?

When I was little in Buffalo, a girl from Boston, Coleen L held a football and I kicked it breaking her front porch light.  She hung me out to dry and my father paid and installed a new one.   Ever since than I have dislike [ hated ] every team from Boston to this day.  1960 came and the Bill's.  Than we had the Braves.  AHL hockey.  Followed the Yankees as well as the Bisons.  My payback for the hate was I was transferred to Pittsfield MA and had to listen to the Boston fans for the next forty plus years even thou I lived in NY.   Hate every team from Boston and their fans also.  Thank you! 

• Like (+1) 1

I have honestly never liked any New England sports team.  I even hated the Hartford Whalers...and that was a team that begged to be pitied rather than hated.

(And yes, that includes college.  !@#$ UConn.)

• Like (+1) 1

I really like the city of Boston (one of the worst big city for hot women however) and have spent a lot of time there.  I actually used to root for them when they were suffering Buffalo style in sports.  But since they started winning, their fans are the worst.  

My pet peeve is fans who act like they are better because the team they watch is good.  Like they are on the team.  It’s weird.

Hate 'em. Hate 'em all.

I'll admit, like some I didn't really hate the Pats**** with a fury until Brady arrived, mostly because they were never really relevant until then. I also never truly hated the Celtics, but that was because I never paid any attention to basketball until I lived in Chicago during the Jordan era, and by then they were pretty irrelevant too.

Now I just hate all of them. I never want any Boston fan to be happy about anything. When did this happen to me?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Hate 'em. Hate 'em all.

I'll admit, like some I didn't really hate the Pats**** with a fury until Brady arrived, mostly because they were never really relevant until then. I also never truly hated the Celtics, but that was because I never paid any attention to basketball until I lived in Chicago during the Jordan era, and by then they were pretty irrelevant too.

Now I just hate all of them. I never want any Boston fan to be happy about anything. When did this happen to me?

Did the Pats have a team before Brady? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Celtics are playing Game 7 against the Cavs tomorrow night.  I'm partial to the Cavs but I can't really imagine rooting for the Celtics under any circumstance.

I wasn't always like that as I think I even had a Celtics shirt as a kid because I was partial to Larry.  The Patriots this century kinda made me lump all Boston's teams together.  You know most likely Patriots fans root for the Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins as well

A little bit with the Red Sox.  At one time, Sox fans were a lot like Bills.  Even though I was a Yankee fan, I could relate.  But once they won a few championships (actually after 2004) they all became super cocky just like Patriot fans.  Now I cheer against them.  

I kind of like the Celtics and I could care less about the Bruins

3 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Celtics are playing Game 7 against the Cavs tomorrow night.  I'm partial to the Cavs but I can't really imagine rooting for the Celtics under any circumstance.

I wasn't always like that as I think I even had a Celtics shirt as a kid because I was partial to Larry.  The Patriots this century kinda made me lump all Boston's teams together.  You know most likely Patriots fans root for the Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins as well

I hate Boston. I hope a tsunami takes care of it. All of it. 

I'm also a Yankee's fan.  So I pretty much hate all of their teams.  None like the Patriots tho.

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

I'm an odd case.  I hate Brady and Belly (and now Gronk after the WWE flying elbow he dropped last season), but other then them, I don't hate the Pats.  If, for example, all three of them retired, my feelings toward the team would shift drastically.  As such, I hold no ill-will toward any other Boston team.

Teddy Brushi I may actually dislike more than Brady.

Please don't ban me from the board or tar and feather me, but I actually admire Bill Belichick.  I just wish he coached the Bills instead of the Patriots.

Edited by formerlyofCtown