Does your dislike of the Patriots go into Boston's other teams?

Celtics are playing Game 7 against the Cavs tomorrow night.  I'm partial to the Cavs but I can't really imagine rooting for the Celtics under any circumstance.

I wasn't always like that as I think I even had a Celtics shirt as a kid because I was partial to Larry.  The Patriots this century kinda made me lump all Boston's teams together.  You know most likely Patriots fans root for the Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins as well

• Like (+1) 3

No. My situation is kinda weird, I guess.

My dad grew up in Buffalo and only really followed football, so we grew up Bills fans. However, we were born and raised around Boston.

I root for every Boston team, except the Pats.

• Like (+1) 2

Having spent my teen years in South Florida, I hate the Dolphins (slightly) more than I hate the Pats. I can't stand any Florida pro franchise.

Oddly, that's not the case with Boston. Just the Pats. I'm rooting for the Celtics.

Edited by Golden Goat
typos
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm an odd case.  I hate Brady and Belly (and now Gronk after the WWE flying elbow he dropped last season), but other then them, I don't hate the Pats.  If, for example, all three of them retired, my feelings toward the team would shift drastically.  As such, I hold no ill-will toward any other Boston team.

• Like (+1) 1

Not just all teams. The city. The people. Heck, if I hear someone that asks Anything in that stupid accent, I want to stab them with a spoon in the neck and scoop out their insides 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes. Up until this year, I root against every Boston based team.... but I love this year’s Celtics team.  Jayson Tatum and Terry Rozier are 2 of my favorite players in the league.  I hope they win it all

• Like (+1) 1

As an Orioles fan I can’t stand the Red Sox.  I have no problem with the Celtics or Bruins.  I am actually a little partial to Boston College ever since the football team ended Norte Dame’s championship hopes in 93 and the basketball team upset UNC in the 94 tournament.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

No. My situation is kinda weird, I guess.

My dad grew up in Buffalo and only really followed football, so we grew up Bills fans. However, we were born and raised around Boston.

I root for every Boston team, except the Pats.

Thats about the least weird situation I expected coming from you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

No, I've been a huge Red Sox fan for going on 30 years now. 

Have no interest one way or the other in anything NBA related--so I'm totally neutral on Celtics.

Dislike the Bruins as a long time Sabres rival, but also respect the franchise and their historical approach to icing good, tough, physical teams.  Don't hate the Bruins as much as I probably should.   LOL.

Three of the four teams I hate.  I follow the AHL closer than the NBA so I could care less about the Celtics.  The Bruins had our number in the 80's and they're still my most despised NHL team.  I hate the Red Sox because I was raised a Yankees fan.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

No, I've been a huge Red Sox fan for going on 30 years now. 

Have no interest one way or the other in anything NBA related--so I'm totally neutral on Celtics.

Dislike the Bruins as a long time Sabres rival, but also respect the franchise and their historical approach to icing good, tough, physical teams.  Don't hate the Bruins as much as I probably should.   LOL.

With the past the bruins have, I find it hard to hate on them too. With Ray Bourque, cam Neely, and Adam Oates....that team was brutal. 

Im glad Lucic got shipped out of there and hate that 8ft tall cheap shot artist Chara. 

• Like (+1) 1