Ice Cream

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Trying to figure out the filter.

Orgasmic... No, that's 8 *'s

?

I don’t even make the filter work lol I just use asterisks hahah

that would be the f world lol and Sweet Jenny’s has the best homemade ice cream in Buffalo and surrounding towns imo 

54 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

BFLo/WNY... Picked that up last winter... Stocked up with ice cream... It was 0° F out... So it went in bed of truck.  Even with a cooler plugged in, it would be a goner making 8 hour trip today.

Also... That Sabres flavor too.

Let's Dough Buffalo...excellent ice cream flavor...can't say the same about the team itself 

There is never a reason to eat ice cream if you can get gelato instead.  

Having said that, the best ice cream I've ever had is from this place in a little town in Germany.

http://www.eiscafe-hesse.de

Among store bought commercial stuff everyone would know, Ben & Jerry's is fantastic and I am addicted to Klondike Bars.

In particular, the cookie dough, Heath bar, and Caramel Pretzel flavors are awesome. 

9 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia

One of my favorite flavors.

B&J is very commercial and well known, but it is about as good as you're going to get if you are buying ice cream out of a freezer in a grocery store.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I need one now haha

You can make your own; just buy some reasonably fresh chocolate chip cookies and add a couple of scoops from a bucket of your favorite vanilla ice cream.  Tastes better than the packaged stuff you get from the store.

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

BFLo/WNY... Picked that up last winter... Stocked up with ice cream... It was 0° F out... So it went in bed of truck.  Even with a cooler plugged in, it would be a goner making 8 hour trip today.

Also... That Sabres flavor too.

Sabres flavor?  Who would call an ice cream WE SUCK!

• Haha (+1) 2

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Favorite flavor and brand or favorite shop

Richardson Farm, Middleton, MA. Chocolate Almond Frozen Yogurt. Rich, chocolatey, loaded with almonds, can't even tell it's not ice cream. Only 190 calories a serving.

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jeni’s is big here in CBus

Getting big everywhere now..just opened in the District!

19 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

There is never a reason to eat ice cream if you can get gelato instead.  

unless you don't like taking a mortgage out to get a ice cream cone!

Just kidding..but man some the gelato places can be crazy expensive..$5 a scoop is the norm in Richmond, $7 in DC

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Getting big everywhere now..just opened in the District!

unless you don't like taking a mortgage out to get a ice cream cone!

Just kidding..but man some the gelato places can be crazy expensive..$5 a scoop is the norm in Richmond, $7 in DC

Really? It is good but pretty pricey/fancy for ice cream. I usually bring a couple pints when i go to someone’s house for a cookout, they love me forever. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Really? It is good but pretty pricey/fancy for ice cream. I usually bring a couple pints when i go to someone’s house for a cookout, they love me forever. 

https://jenis.com/14th-street/

this is not in the the tourist area near the Mall, but in the 14th and U area.. the ShortNorth of DC if you will

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1