What would it take to get a player like Tyler Lockett

35 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

OK so please proceed by letting me know the dynamic job they've done.

Well lets start with making the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

Since well you know the job they have done does not solely revolve around one position on the team, are dealing with a modified rebiuld, and are dealing with a big dead cap situation while they are doing it.

Yet still found enough offensive production to make the playoffs......so yeah there is that.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

OK so please proceed by letting me know the dynamic job they've done.

This crap blows my mind. People act as if nfl teams should get built overnight. Name a single opportunity the Bills have had at acquiring a top tier wide receiver. They had one chance to get a solid guy, and they traded a 3rd for him. Other than that, what were they going to do?

There was nobody in the draft they would have taken high, and if they took a wr instead of Allen or Edmunds there would have been riots. Should they have traded a first for Antonio Brown or Julio? I genuinely don't know what you expected them to do. The time to get a wr will come, and I expect them to do it when the opportunity is there. For now they built up the secondary in year one, and addressed the front 7 and qb so far in year two. It will take time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

This crap blows my mind. People act as if nfl teams should get built overnight. Name a single opportunity the Bills have had at acquiring a top tier wide receiver. They had one chance to get a solid guy, and they traded a 3rd for him. Other than that, what were they going to do?

There was nobody in the draft they would have taken high, and if they took a wr instead of Allen or Edmunds there would have been riots. Should they have traded a first for Antonio Brown or Julio? I genuinely don't know what you expected them to do. The time to get a wr will come, and I expect them to do it when the opportunity is there. For now they built up the secondary in year one, and addressed the front 7 and qb so far in year two. It will take time. 

They're the same people who throw a fit if they don't get their Happy Meal at the drive through in less than a minute.  And God forbid if they don't include the toy.

They have young guys in camp.  Let's see what they do first.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm thinking once the salary cap situation clears up that talent will be aquired. At least I agree with those on this message board that feel that way. 

Just playing with the cards that got dealt trying to make a hand out of it. I actually planned on last year being a year of understanding and the drought was busted. I plan on making this season one of understanding, maybe we get to the Superbowl. 

Edited by Lfod

23 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why would the Seahawks trade him?

Have you been paying attention at all?

The Seahawks are falling apart. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23611488/cliff-avril-says-seattle-seahawks-began-questioning-pete-carroll-super-bowl-interception

And  they had cap issues to deal with.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

We have like 4-5 speed guys on the team. Damn how fast do you want them to be?

It's a passing league and it's a matchup league.

Based on simply pedigree and past performance........the Bills don't have a single WR who can be projected to consistently get open against any of the CB's they are going to face.

You are talking about speed on paper.........but on paper they will be losing every matchup.....even between 3rd WR and nickel CB's..........which is really saying something.

Even their #1 KB is basically going to have to catch a ton of 50/50 balls.

White and Davis should probably just work on the sidelines and stay healthy because they are going to be getting nearly useless reps covering the likes of Andre Holmes or Kaelin Klay in camp.     No opponent is going to march out junk like that with their first team in preseason let alone in actual games.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

10 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Exactly This. 

5 Guys in camp sub 4.49 speed.  10 guys under 4.55 speed.

Tyler Locket 4.40 as the comparison.

Robert Foster 4.41

Zay Jones 4.45   (coming off surgery, so may be slower)

Rod Streater 4.46

Brandon Reilly 4.47

Austin Proehl  4.47 

Quan Bray 4.50

Kaelin Clay 4.51

Malachi Dupre 4.53
Ray-Ray McCloud 4.53 

Andre Holmes 4.53

Jeremy Kerley 4.56

Kelvin Benjamin 4.61 (who knows if he can even run this fast anymore)
Cam Phillips 4.79

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, napmaster said:

Exactly This. 

Robert Foster 4.41

Rod Streater 4.46

Brandon Reilly 4.47

Austin Proehl  4.47 

Quan Bray 4.50

Kaelin Clay 4.51

Malachi Dupre 4.53
Ray-Ray McCloud 4.53 

Andre Holmes 4.53

Jeremy Kerley 4.56

Cam Phillips 4.79

There's a huge difference between forty times in shorts and demonstrated playing speed and ability in actual games.  The converstion is pointless because the Seahawks aren't going to trade him with them already losing Richardson as the big play threat in their passing game. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There's a huge difference between forty times in shorts and demonstrated playing speed and ability in actual games.  The converstion is pointless because the Seahawks aren't going to trade him with them already losing Richardson as the big play threat in their passing game. 

This conversation may be pointless to you, but not to others.  So let people say their piece and respect their opinions.   

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There's a huge difference between forty times in shorts and demonstrated playing speed and ability in actual games.

Yes, you are absolutely correct.  However, the OP stated "It's obvious that we need some speed and someone that can get down the field."  We have those guys in camp so it's not obvious. 

To your point.  I completely agree with you, straight line speed in shorts is not enough.  Great hands, route running ability, speed in and out of cuts, ability to get separation off the line, willingness to go over the middle, ability to understand offensive concepts, desire to put in the film study work.  Those things make or break a receiver.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, napmaster said:

Yes, you are absolutely correct.  However, the OP stated "It's obvious that we need some speed and someone that can get down the field."  We have those guys in camp so it's not obvious. 

To your point.  I completely agree with you, straight line speed in shorts is not enough.  Great hands, route running ability, speed in and out of cuts, ability to get separation off the line, willingness to go over the middle, ability to understand offensive concepts, desire to put in the film study work.  Those things make or break a receiver.  

It would be great to see one of the WR candidates emerge to provide outside speed as an element of the passing game to open up underneath routes and create more room for the run game.  Not counting on it though. 

13 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

Who are these guys? And do they really have a legit shot at making the team? At least Lockett would be a given to make the team if we trade a late round pick for him. Plus, while not great, Lockett is better than the scrap heap at the WR position we have after Benjamin.

2 hours ago, napmaster said:

Exactly This. 

Robert Foster 4.41

Rod Streater 4.46

Brandon Reilly 4.47

Austin Proehl  4.47 

Quan Bray 4.50

Kaelin Clay 4.51

Malachi Dupre 4.53
Ray-Ray McCloud 4.53 

Andre Holmes 4.53

Jeremy Kerley 4.56

Cam Phillips 4.79

How many of these guys will actually make the team though? Lockett will at least make the team. Some of these guy may have speed but if they don't make the team it doesn't matter

Edited by Buffalo03

23 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Sammy would have been a monster with a big armed qb like Allen. Our receivers don’t scare defenses in the slightest.  And our front office hasn’t shown an ability to find ones that do. You are severely limiting your offense with a big play threat.  We have a bunch of slow outside wrs and slot guys.

Receivers don't scare defenses unless you have a quarterback who can hit them. You think defensive coordinators care who Aaron Rogers throws to? 

Benjamin, Clay, Shady and Kerley are all good targets. We just need one more guy to emerge.