Through Committee work, Kim Pegula earns respect of fellow NFL Owners

Logic

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not sensitive at all, just banging my head against the wall that you don’t get it. Owners saying nice things about other owners isn’t teaching us anything. When you go to dinner at your in-laws and they ask you how everything is the answer is “it’s great.” It doesn’t mean that it is good or bad. It is just what you have to say. That’s been my entire point. It has nothing to do with Kim being good or bad.

As I have said a number of times I get it.  You want to turn a positive about the owner into a negative.

The other owners could have chosen to say nothing.  Or did someone have a gun to their head?

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

As I have said a number of times I get it.  You want to turn a positive about the owner into a negative.

The other owners could have chosen to say nothing.  Or did someone have a gun to their head?

If someone asks them, “what’s your opinion of Kim Pegula” what would you expect? Do you think that they would say “no comment?” Do you think that they’d say “she’s an idiot?” Of course not!!! They are going to say nice things.

What I’m saying isn’t turning a positive into a negative!! It’s basically saying that those comments are neither. They are the “it’s great” answer to your in-laws. It may in fact be great. Those comments though aren’t going to tell you anything. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If someone asks them, “what’s your opinion of Kim Pegula” what would you expect? Do you think that they would say “no comment?” Do you think that they’d say “she’s an idiot?” Of course not!!! They are going to say nice things.

What I’m saying isn’t turning a positive into a negative!! It’s basically saying that those comments are neither. They are the “it’s great” answer to your in-laws. It may in fact be great. Those comments though aren’t going to tell you anything. 

You are going out of your way to diminish the article.  I think I know why.  How long would you like to continue this?  It's pretty clear neither of us are changing our opinion.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

You are going out of your way to diminish the article.  I think I know why.  How long would you like to continue this?  It's pretty clear neither of us are changing our opinion.

You are just grasping at straws. Sorry that you are butthurt about this. You keep saying that you get it but clearly you don’t. I’m pretty done with this conversation though. 

I want nothing more than what’s best for the Bills. They are extremely fortunate to have the Pegula’s. They have a unique perspective that differs from the majority of owners. They can be great owners because of that. A bunch of other owners saying nice things though isn’t the reason to believe that. Understanding the dynamics amongst the NFL owners is what tells us that.

You didn’t comprehend that from the beginning and you clearly still don’t get it now. You thought that it was some negative. It was just a “nothing.” It was telling your in-laws that dinner was “great.” I hope at some point we have dinner at your house and I’ll give my rave reviews regardless of the meal and you’ll be thrilled. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, because you aren’t comprehending that they aren’t being diminished. They are the same comments that you will find about every other owner. They all sing the praises of one another!! This piece doesn’t validate anything. It is “water is wet.” It’s like a GM talking about his draft picks. I’m waiting for the day a GM drafts a guy and says “we don’t think that he will be a good player.” It’s the same thing. If the GM says “we like the guys that we drafted” does that surprise you? It’s the exact same thing.

I don’t think it’s exactly the same thing. I do think owners have each other’s back for the most part. I am sure Kim is asserting herself more with each opportunity. Kim is young and ambitious. many of the owners in the NFL aren’t young and past their prime wealth accumulation days. 

Oh and I also don’t think you are envious. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You are just grasping at straws. Sorry that you are butthurt about this. You keep saying that you get it but clearly you don’t. I’m pretty done with this conversation though. 

I want nothing more than what’s best for the Bills. They are extremely fortunate to have the Pegula’s. They have a unique perspective that differs from the majority of owners. They can be great owners because of that. A bunch of other owners saying nice things though isn’t the reason to believe that. Understanding the dynamics amongst the NFL owners is what tells us that.

You didn’t comprehend that from the beginning and you clearly still don’t get it now. You thought that it was some negative. It was just a “nothing.” It was telling your in-laws that dinner was “great.” I hope at some point we have dinner at your house and I’ll give my rave reviews regardless of the meal and you’ll be thrilled. 

Your comment:  SOS-DD.  

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s actually the same day but you’re right, my point remains the same. 

You said you were done, but then come right back.  Can't stand being challenged on something, can you?

Many times we agree.  We don't here.  And I'm the butt hurt one?  Ha-ha.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You said you were done, but then come right back.  Can't stand being challenged on something, can you?

Many times we agree.  We don't here.  And I'm the butt hurt one?  Ha-ha.

I love being challenged on here. I’ll debate all day long. You are “challenging” me on something that isn’t even the point that I was making. That’s why I keep coming back. You believe these words are a ringing endorsement. I believe that they would say the same thing regardless of how they feel. You think it is literal and genuine. I think that it might be. That doesn’t mean that I think it’s good or bad. It’s just to be expected. You took that as some sort of negative. So after a lot of back and forth I’m going back to watch the game. I’ve been pretty clear as to my thoughts. If you want to keep misinterpreting my words, go for it. 

34 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Really? They speak politely about themselves. You don’t get that? It’s not that she’s BAD, but what do you expect? “No comment” would be the wrong answer. They may have been sincere or they may have just been saying the politically correct thing. It matters not. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I love being challenged on here. I’ll debate all day long. You are “challenging” me on something that isn’t even the point that I was making. That’s why I keep coming back. You believe these words are a ringing endorsement. I believe that they would say the same thing regardless of how they feel. You think it is literal and genuine. I think that it might be. That doesn’t mean that I think it’s good or bad. It’s just to be expected. You took that as some sort of negative. So after a lot of back and forth I’m going back to watch the game. I’ve been pretty clear as to my thoughts. If you want to keep misinterpreting my words, go for it. 

I believe the owners were asked a question and they answered.  They have no reason to answer dishonestly.  But you of course inflate that into my thinking they gave a "ringing endorsement"  and so on.  My question is why you would challenge this and somehow want to diminish it, and to me it smacks of envy.  Note though you said were were done but keep coming back to this.  Why can you not live up to your word?

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Really? They speak politely about themselves. You don’t get that? It’s not that she’s BAD, but what do you expect? “No comment” would be the wrong answer. They may have been sincere or they may have just been saying the politically correct thing. It matters not. 

Why diminish the article?  Why diminish what they said?  Guys like Rooney don't say much that they don't mean.

They either mean what they said, which is good, or they don't which would be a negative for our owner.

Why choose the negative spin?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I believe the owners were asked a question and they answered.  They have no reason to answer dishonestly.  But you of course inflate that into my thinking they gave a "ringing endorsement"  and so on.  My question is why you would challenge this and somehow want to diminish it, and to me it smacks of envy.  Note though you said were were done but keep coming back to this.  Why can you not live up to your word?

I’m sorry, I have no dog in this fight, but.......envy??? Can you explain? The owners will almost ALWAYS speak highly of each other. 

Just now, Augie said:

I’m sorry, I have no dog in this fight, but.......envy??? Can you explain? The owners will almost ALWAYS speak highly of each other. 

Perhaps, perhaps not.  It has that feel to me.  I'm trying to figure out why fans of the team would dismiss an article that is complementary if the owner.  That's what struck me.

Envy doesn’t even make sense. Just sayin’. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Unless he’s secretly hot for Terry, and I have no inside info there....

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Unless he’s secretly hot for Terry, and I have no inside info there....

Oh I think there's always envy for folks that have lots of $$.  But I get your point

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Oh I think there's always envy for folks that have lots of $$.  But I get your point

That envy is often misplaced. 

Sorry if that gets a little too deep, but it’s true. 

32 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m more envious of happy people than rich people. 

Having both is the dream! 

55 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Now the game is over, so I guess I should respond. You did ask a question. 

I think that that you are finally getting there. “They have no reason to answer dishonestly?” If they say anything even remotely disparaging it’s a mess. If they say “no comment” it is interpreted as a negative. If they say something nice it is a non-story. This is you telling your in-laws “it was great.” Maybe it was? Maybe it wasn’t? It is much easier to say it was and move on.

I’m not even sure what I’d be envious of because I’m not talking about people. I’m talking about the way that owners handled questions. So, if you want me to leave stop asking questions. 

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m more envious of happy people than rich people. 

Having both is the dream! 

I’m your dream Augie!

Edited by Kirby Jackson