Through Committee work, Kim Pegula earns respect of fellow NFL Owners

Logic

Given that recent discussions on these forums about whether or not Kim Pegula is qualified to be team president, I thought this article was interesting and informative. I won't post the whole thing, of course, due to forum rules, but have included a few key quotes. I suggest reading the whole thing if you have time. Obviously, her membership on all these committees and her involvement with various aspects of the league are not the sole deciding factors in terms of her being qualified or not...but this article certainly paints a picture of a very capable, intelligent, involved woman. I believe the Bills are in good hands.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/25/fellow-nfl-owners-laud-kim-pegulas-committee-work/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1527294828

"If every owner in the league was as operationally proficient and knowledgeable as Kim is, I think we would be in a stronger place," said Jonathan Kraft, president of the New England Patriots and son of Pats owner Robert Kraft."

"She's well-respected," said Arizona Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill, a member of Business Ventures and Foundation. "She's obviously very intelligent. She works hard at trying to bring fresh ideas to the league, to the committees, making sure the ideas that are being floated around have been well thought through. Her voice is one that people listen to. I think she comes from a perspective of making the league and all of our properties more fan friendly, so her input is greatly valued."

"Kim is a consensus-builder, has great business experience and she really adds to the discussion," Jacksonville Jaguars onwer and Businss Ventures chairman Shad Khan said. "She has a lot of experience in different industries and she brings that thinking and point of view to the forefront. Then, once a decision is made, she stands behind it. It’s evident that committee members value her in every respect – as a person as well as for her insights and experience. On business ventures, typically as various agreements are expiring, we ask ourselves, ‘How do we make them better? Who are our prospective partners? How do we value the financial end of the partnership?’ Kim has great perspectives on all of this.”

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

She is fantastic and I’m not surprised she received such praise.  It feels great to know we have ownership, Mgmt, scouting, and coaching that is. Top notch and has a real plan for sustained success.

doesnt hurt she is by far the most beautiful owner on top of how intelligent she is. Towards this team.

• Like (+1) 2

Good to hear. She has a huge challenge with the stadium. That's honestly all I care about. Find something that everyone believes can work. Secure the Bills in Western New York for the next 30 years. 

38 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

doesnt hurt she is by far the most beautiful owner on top of how intelligent she is. Towards this team.

Let's be real, Mark Davis is the most beautiful owner. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Without being overly negative what would you expect these other owner’s to say? “We think that Kim is incompetent. She’s totally over her head and has been a disaster. No one listens to a word she says.” This is article does nothing to influence opinions on Kim’s qualifications.

With that being said there is an interesting perspective that she can provide. We always think of the voice that she can bring as a woman. That goes without saying. One thing that is overlooked is that the Pegula’s are regular people. They were once season ticket holders. They eat fast food. Their kids listen to hip-hop. I’m comfortable in saying that Kim Pegula is the most “regular” person in that room. Her perspective is way more modern and empathizes with the fans.

These committees are formed and try to do what they think is in the league’s best interest. The problem is that those guys are all old, out-of-touch, curmudgeons. When was the last time Bob McNair waited in line for a hot dog? Kim can relate to the consumers in a way that the rest of the NFL owners couldn’t dream of. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Without being overly negative what would you expect these other owner’s to say? “We think that Kim is incompetent. She’s totally over her head and has been a disaster. No one listens to a word she says.” This is article does nothing to influence opinions on Kim’s qualifications.

Really? NOTHING?

The glowing endorsements from multiple respected NFL owners -- not only praising her but going into detail and providing more than was asked -- does not a single thing for you?

Okay then. To each their own.

• Like (+1) 2

I mean c'mon. Whhat do the other owners know?? I mean they are clueless...just listen to what all these posters here have to say about her...she is a completely unqualified waitress. ??

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Really? NOTHING?

The glowing endorsements from multiple respected NFL owners -- not only praising her but going into detail and providing more than was asked -- does not a single thing for you?

Okay then. To each their own.

Not at all, I would expect her business partners to say nice things in public. It does nothing for me. Find someone that has a differing opinion in that group and I’ll be impressed. Take it a step further, find articles of these NFL owners talking bad about one another anywhere. This is a bunch of nothing. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

With that being said there is an interesting perspective that she can provide. We always think of the voice that she can bring as a woman. That goes without saying. One thing that is overlooked is that the Pegula’s are regular people. They were once season ticket holders. They eat fast food. Their kids listen to hip-hop. I’m comfortable in saying that Kim Pegula is the most “regular” person in that room. Her perspective is way more modern and empathizes with the fans.

These committees are formed and try to do what they think is in the league’s best interest. The problem is that those guys are all old, out-of-touch, curmudgeons. When was the last time Bob McNair waited in line for a hot dog? Kim can relate to the consumers in a way that the rest of the NFL owners couldn’t dream of. 

What I read was a bunch of vague praise. She's a member of a bunch of committees, she's "involved", she has a "voice". In my business career I've worked with many people who were a member of every little thing and always had something to say (rarely of value) and sometimes they were even listened to, but it never meant they needed to be any higher than low-level or mid-level positions. I've yet to see anything to show that Kim Pegula has earned that position other than being comfortable hanging out around other billionaires.

She seems ambitious and motivated, even pushy. All good, most of the time. But again, those qualities are supplementary to wisdom, experience, level-headedness, shrewdness, etc. From what I've seen, I have not seen anything to tell me she has earned this position in any way other than being Terry Pegula's wife. Seeing as how incompetent Pegula is as a sports owner and talent evaluator, I have big concerns about Kim Pegula. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

what would you expect these other owner’s to say?

If they didn't respect her they could simply say nothing or "She's very nice" and leave it at that. The fact that they complimented her, and gave specifics, suggests that the praise is genuine.

There's a reason she's listed as the co-owner, not the "owner's wife." I think it's pretty clear that she's not just eye-candy.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, musichunch said:

What I read was a bunch of vague praise. She's a member of a bunch of committees, she's "involved", she has a "voice". In my business career I've worked with many people who were a member of every little thing and always had something to say (rarely of value) and sometimes they were even listened to, but it never meant they needed to be any higher than low-level or mid-level positions. I've yet to see anything to show that Kim Pegula has earned that position other than being comfortable hanging out around other billionaires.

She seems ambitious and motivated, even pushy. All good, most of the time. But again, those qualities are supplementary to wisdom, experience, level-headedness, shrewdness, etc. From what I've seen, I have not seen anything to tell me she has earned this position in any way other than being Terry Pegula's wife. Seeing as how incompetent Pegula is as a sports owner and talent evaluator, I have big concerns about Kim Pegula. 

Just curious. Is the standard the same for men as women? I've never seen a man described as pushy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not at all, I would expect her business partners to say nice things in public. It does nothing for me. Find someone that has a differing opinion in that group and I’ll be impressed. Take it a step further, find articles of these NFL owners talking bad about one another anywhere. This is a bunch of nothing. 

^^^ Right on the money.

40 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

If they didn't respect her they could simply say nothing or "She's very nice" and leave it at that. The fact that they complimented her, and gave specifics, suggests that the praise is genuine.

There's a reason she's listed as the co-owner, not the "owner's wife." I think it's pretty clear that she's not just eye-candy.

She’s definitely involved. As I said though, find me some quotes of owners talking bad about other owners. They ONLY say positives. They are business partners!! It’s really stretching it to think that this means ANYTHING.

• Thank you (+1) 1