1964 Buffalo Bills AFL Highlights

On 5/27/2018 at 11:55 PM, ColoradoBills said:

"They're killing me Whitey, they're killing me"!

"What more, you gotta get it done"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajOvrFM8-Fo

Great memories Slammer!

Absolutely love it.

On 5/27/2018 at 7:05 AM, THE SLAMMER said:

I take Lou Saban over any Buffalo coach of the past. JMO

Yes I would as well but his brilliance and passion lead him to do some crazy things like quitting on the Bills not once but twice, once in mid-season. I just counted up, he had 21 different coaching jobs plus one stint as NY Yankees President...that is not normal..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Absolutely love it.

Yes I would as well but his brilliance and passion lead him to do some crazy things like quitting on the Bills not once but twice, once in mid-season. I just counted up, he had 21 different coaching jobs plus one stint as NY Yankees President...that is not normal..

He wanted complete control over the entire operation. He won and lost many battles. I once saw him coaching HS football in Florida.

On 5/26/2018 at 8:07 AM, HOF4LOU said:

Lou Saban, who only recently was inducted on the WOF, should be considered for the HOF.   1 win away from the 1st superbowl - and who knows what may have happened.

I agree, but Lou Saban wasn't the Coach during the first Superbowl season of 1966. It was a big disappointment to me. If he had stayed one more season it would have been the Bills in the Superbowl instead and they would have at least been competitive with the Packers. I always suspected he left because he didn't want to face the pressure of winning the AFL Championship again and going to the Superbowl.

7 hours ago, JackKemp said:

I always suspected he left because he didn't want to face the pressure of winning the AFL Championship again and going to the Superbowl.

Don't think that was it at all. It wasn't any secret that Wilson meddled with the football side which didn't sit well with Saban. Didn't help that Saban had a short fuse when it came to control of the team. Wilson mellowed over the years but that tendency to want to control things never went away entirely. Can you say RJ - Flutie? I think Marv Levy's success was in part due to his ability to assure Wilson and keep him at bay.