NFL.com Best LB's of all-time... Cornelius Bennett makes the list!

JPL7

2 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Don't let the chief's hate blind you guys. Dt was one of the greatest lbs of all time. Had he lived longer his records would be astronomical.

I don't think it's 'Chiefs Hate' and RIP DT, but he was marginal against the run.  I don't recall him dropping back against the pass much. His 1 INT in 11 seasons would help back this up. He did force 40 or so fumbles, but I think a lot of those were sack fumbles, not sure. Lastly DT did play 11 seasons, not sure how many seasons he had left. A fine pass rusher, one of the best pass rushing LBs this side of Lawrence Taylor, but LT was pretty nasty against the run too. DT's FF and FR count add to his legacy, and he deserves a place on this list.

Biscuit deserves to be noted among the best too. He was above average at everything, but never stood out at any one thing, which is why I don't think he is in the HOF. Biscuits numbers were never eye opening, but his big plays almost always came at critical times.

Ray Lewis is top 3-5 IMO.

Edited by RocCityRoller

Don't care about rankings. Just know watching the Bills trio of Mike Stratton, Harry Jacobs and John Tracey were the 1st great ones I saw growing up.

Edited by Ifartalot

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He was taken off the field in the AFC Championship game because he was getting trucked play after play...

Agreed.  He's still top 10, but he wasn't good enough against the run to be considered #2 of all time.  

1 hour ago, Ifartalot said:

Don't care about rankings. Just know watching the Bills trio of Mike Stratton, Harry Jacobs and John Tracey were the 1st great ones I saw growing up.

With a name like “Ifartalot” I envisioned you to be much younger...

FWIW, -which is nothing, I’ve contended Biscuit is HOF worthy since his playing days. IMO, he checks all the boxes required. Multiple PB’s, consistent excellence through a long career, 6 Conference Championship Games, 5 Super Bowls and changed the game from LOLB position. Hated when he went to Atlanta. I feel like he fell off the face of the earth with that move, though he continued to perform at a very high level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

With a name like “Ifartalot” I envisioned you to be much younger...

.....dIdn't fart much when I was younger.

4 hours ago, BobDVA said:

Stratton, Jacobs, and Tracy were my childhood idols.  Holy crap; I'm old' get out of my yard.

My father and his friends had seasons tickets in the '60's. Went to games with him starting in '66 when I was 8.

Watched every Bills away game and listened to every home game on the radio through my teens. I'm sure you remember, home games weren't allowed to be televised then.

• Like (+1) 1

22. Cornelius Bennett

Buffalo Bills, 1987-1995; Atlanta Falcons, 1996-1998; Indianapolis Colts, 1999-2000
» Voted to five Pro Bowls, First Team All-Pro once
» Recorded 71.5 career sacks
» Enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame

Man, I missed him being enshrined into the Hall of Fame. I checked out of the NFL for a while through the lean years of the Bills in the 2000’s-2017.

Did he go in as a Colt or Falcon?

Just my two cents but I'd take Willis, Lewis, or Urlacher over Derrick Thomas or Derrick Brooks on any day that ends in Y.  I'm not trying to argue Darryl Talley onto that list but I think he was a very good LB and in many ways as valuable as Bennet ever was.

PS with the love for pass rushers where is Kevin Greene?

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s cool we had two with Spielman as the other, and no Bennett is not in the HOF, but I hope he gets in someday.  Honorable mention to Bryce Paup.

Fletcher is on that list, he was ran out of town for chiseled chin Poz