Jump to content
26CornerBlitz

Bucky Gleason Leaving TBN After Requesting a Buyout - Jerry Sullivan and Now Tim Graham Out

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

I never liked Bucky's work but man what a disgusting **** show the last 15 years......and truthfully MOST of Ralph's ownership was.     Some things needed to be said.

...and the Sabres since 2007 have been an equal mess.  Yet people wonder why the BN columnists have been negative for the last decade or more...they would have been criticized just as much for writing columns full of sunshine and lollipops, while the two local franchises were shitting the bed year after year after year.

 

 

Yes they were over the top at times, but that is part of their job probably dictated by their bosses.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad sign of the times. Hate seeing the old institutions fading away and people losing their jobs.

 

But, contrary to BN  steady spewing everyone hates Trump and the Pegula's are clueless, many longtime subscribers feel the opposite.

 

They tired of that constant drumbeat and decided enough of this and cancelled their subscriptions in droves over the last couple of years. The BN expedited their demise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ifartalot said:

Sad sign of the times. Hate seeing the old institutions fading away and people losing their jobs.

 

But, contrary to BN  steady spewing everyone hates Trump and the Pegula's are clueless, many longtime subscribers feel the opposite.

 

They tired of that constant drumbeat and decided enough of this and cancelled their subscriptions in droves over the last couple of years. The BN expedited their demise.  

Well if Ifartalot says it, it must be true!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

They tired of that constant drumbeat and decided enough of this and cancelled their subscriptions in droves over the last couple of years. The BN expedited their demise.  

You have facts to back that up...cancellation numbers and why subscribers cancelled?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good riddance, as far as I am concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

...and the Sabres since 2007 have been an equal mess.  Yet people wonder why the BN columnists have been negative for the last decade or more...they would have been criticized just as much for writing columns full of sunshine and lollipops, while the two local franchises were shitting the bed year after year after year.

 

 

Yes they were over the top at times, but that is part of their job probably dictated by their bosses.

 

The problem is, Bucky and Sully never brought anything more to the table than any TSW poster could.   Or, more frequently, any drunk on a barstool.   

 

Once upon a time, this town had HOF columnists like Jim Kelley, Larry Felser, Phil Ranello and sharp young guys like a Vic C (not the current version who's retiring in place since he came back to Buffalo).   Those columnists had a deep knowledge of their sport, had contacts all over the league and could get insider stories that Bucky and Sully can only dream about.   The old school columnists worked hard to get that kind of perspective, and reading them added value to the fan experience. 

 

The current BN guys never talk to anyone besides the voices in their head, fart out columns that make good bird cage liner and block slots that could go to hungrier, more talented younger writers...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You have facts to back that up...cancellation numbers and why subscribers cancelled?

Not that it'll satisfy you, but a "little birdie" friend of mine who's worked at the BN for over 20 years and is fretting about their job told me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I heard a rumor that Sullivan is on the fence about leaving as well....

 

Jumping from a sinking ship

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm still waiting for him to apologize for calling me and my family loser's 

Edited by blitzboy54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't actively dislike Bucky but I can only think of three BN sports writers who I really liked: 

 

1.  Larry Felser

2.  Tyler Dunne

3.  Vic v. 1.0

 

Larry had  contacts and provided insight & inside information.


Tyler dug into stories and provided color & depth.

 

Vic 1.0 seemed to be developing into another Felser but things went wrong with him later on.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I didn't actively dislike Bucky but I can only think of three BN sports writers who I really liked: 

 

1.  Larry Felser

2.  Tyler Dunne

3.  Vic v. 1.0

 

Larry had  contacts and provided insight & inside information.


Tyler dug into stories and provided color & depth.

 

Vic 1.0 seemed to be developing into another Felser but things went wrong with him later on.

 

Yeah. Vic started to take on the personalities of Bucky & Jerry S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

 

Hopefully it manifests itself into something good (and up to date technologically) to fill the void

 

 

I actually dont mind the columnists at TBN... other than Harrington's ridiculous and embarrassing twitter wars with people.  I do think they could have served themselves well having a "positive outlook" point of view columnist.  Its been a tough 12-20 years in Buffalo sports, but having 3 columnists writing negative things (many earned IMO), is repetitive and one sided.

 

I wonder how much influence he had in poisoning the lockerroom.  Word/rumor is, Eichel and Reinhart got close with him and those 2 are a big part of the issues.  

 

Kane appeared to be a good soldier in his life's biggest contract year.  Now, with 7 years guaranteed and $50 million, let's see if he remains committed to his craft.  I have my doubts, and Im glad the Sabres werent the team to take that risk.  

 

 

Interested in hearing more about that.

 

About the BN, good riddance. Time to clean up the vibe around this city and the sports teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sully, Bucky, and TImmy certainly had a lot of things to be negative about.  My issue with them is they simply are not interesting.  The last 5 years the Bills have been kinds of average , but the coverage of Marrone and than Whaley was brutish and unfair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I didn't actively dislike Bucky but I can only think of three BN sports writers who I really liked: 

 

1.  Larry Felser

2.  Tyler Dunne

3.  Vic v. 1.0

 

Larry had  contacts and provided insight & inside information.


Tyler dug into stories and provided color & depth.

 

Vic 1.0 seemed to be developing into another Felser but things went wrong with him later on.

 

43 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

 

Yeah. Vic started to take on the personalities of Bucky & Jerry S.

 

It went downhill for Vic when he had to figure out Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

 

Hopefully it manifests itself into something good (and up to date technologically) to fill the void

 

 

I actually dont mind the columnists at TBN... other than Harrington's ridiculous and embarrassing twitter wars with people.  I do think they could have served themselves well having a "positive outlook" point of view columnist.  Its been a tough 12-20 years in Buffalo sports, but having 3 columnists writing negative things (many earned IMO), is repetitive and one sided.

 

I wonder how much influence he had in poisoning the lockerroom.  Word/rumor is, Eichel and Reinhart got close with him and those 2 are a big part of the issues.  

 

Kane appeared to be a good soldier in his life's biggest contract year.  Now, with 7 years guaranteed and $50 million, let's see if he remains committed to his craft.  I have my doubts, and Im glad the Sabres werent the team to take that risk.  

 

 

 

You are very observant.  I have a friend in the marketing department over at Sabre's land, & she tells me they wanted to get Kane as far away from Eichel as possible, she said he was a very bad influence on him.  That was a big part as to why he was traded.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

 

Hopefully it manifests itself into something good (and up to date technologically) to fill the void

 

 

I actually dont mind the columnists at TBN... other than Harrington's ridiculous and embarrassing twitter wars with people.  I do think they could have served themselves well having a "positive outlook" point of view columnist.  Its been a tough 12-20 years in Buffalo sports, but having 3 columnists writing negative things (many earned IMO), is repetitive and one sided.

 

I wonder how much influence he had in poisoning the lockerroom.  Word/rumor is, Eichel and Reinhart got close with him and those 2 are a big part of the issues.  

 

Kane appeared to be a good soldier in his life's biggest contract year.  Now, with 7 years guaranteed and $50 million, let's see if he remains committed to his craft.  I have my doubts, and Im glad the Sabres werent the team to take that risk.  

 

Kane's performance in his K year is NHL 101 for hockey players these days.

 

He will quietly fade into oblivion now, and make millions in the process.

 

Guaranteed Ks have destroyed the NHL.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not like Bucky’s articles. I remember when he bashed Terry Pegula for not making a statement about the Penn State sex scandal, which made absolutely no sense. Also, the way Bucky was grilling Doug Whaley at the season ending press conference was idiotic. I’m glad to see him go. Sounds like Sully is soon behind as well, so that’s good news. Too bad Mike Schoop isn’t joining them.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Birds aren't fussy.  They'll poop on used Sudoku and crosswords just as happily.

 

Add me to the list. I’ve been hit an inordinate number of times....usually in front of a crowd. Ask my wife, she thinks it’s hysterical! The worst was coming out of the water in front of a thousand people in beach chairs on a cruise. They were all a half dozen “Coco Locos’s” in, and it got more laughs than the comedian on the ship. I turned around and trudged back into the water to wash off....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordio said:

 

 

You are very observant.  I have a friend in the marketing department over at Sabre's land, & she tells me they wanted to get Kane as far away from Eichel as possible, she said he was a very bad influence on him.  That was a big part as to why he was traded.

Do you have any examples of this?  I don't doubt this but I am just curious as it's an interesting topic.  I can vaguely remember hearing some reports of Kane and Eichel hanging out gambling together in Vegas before they played the Knights this season but other than that I really haven't heard of any instances of those two getting into any bad situations together.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck, Bucky.  Thanks for your takes over the years.

 

Jesus, there are so many people without lenses on their sunglasses...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I didn't actively dislike Bucky but I can only think of three BN sports writers who I really liked: 

 

1.  Larry Felser

2.  Tyler Dunne

3.  Vic v. 1.0

 

Larry had  contacts and provided insight & inside information.


Tyler dug into stories and provided color & depth.

 

Vic 1.0 seemed to be developing into another Felser but things went wrong with him later on.

 

I’d definitely add Jim Kelley and Allen Wilson to my list, as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rico said:

Thanks Bucky for helping to spread the truth about Ralph, Brandon, Whaley, and the rest of Ralph’s trash. Happy trails!

 

How long before Rico gets a buyout from SDS?

 

7 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Bucky was paid to give opinions.  Not everyone is going to agree with his opinions.  People did read him and it resulted in discussion.  

 

Hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

 

He is not a cat so will land on his head but fortunately it is made of rock.

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

I never liked Bucky's work but man what a disgusting **** show the last 15 years......and truthfully MOST of Ralph's ownership was.     Some things needed to be said.

 

Really? I thought you were Bucky's alias on this board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, musichunch said:

 

Interested in hearing more about that.

 

About the BN, good riddance. Time to clean up the vibe around this city and the sports teams. 

 

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I did not like Bucky’s articles. I remember when he bashed Terry Pegula for not making a statement about the Penn State sex scandal, which made absolutely no sense. Also, the way Bucky was grilling Doug Whaley at the season ending press conference was idiotic. I’m glad to see him go. Sounds like Sully is soon behind as well, so that’s good news. Too bad Mike Schoop isn’t joining them.

 

:beer:

I take his leaving as another good sign that our fortunes are finally turning around.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's all but certain. I'm hearing that Sully is taking a buyout as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

 

How much is he paying them?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×