Boba Fett stand alone Star Wars film announced

For what it's worth, the Tatooine Cantina scene from Episode IV seems to be a fan favorite.

And that could actually work, as the bar is a coming and going gathering place for all sorts of characters with their own story to tell.  Would be hugely dependent on a great script, but what movie isn't?

One drawback I can see, though, is that part of what made the cantina cool was how it was a crossroads for all types of characters and creatures from all over the galaxy.  Very "urban" and diverse crowd in there.  Most characters were not speaking English and that contributed to the texture of the scene.

Most Star Wars fans and kids aren't gong to want to read subtitles all the time, though there are conventions around this.

Maybe do what they did near beginning of Hunt for Red October...magically shifting from Russian to English as a convention so as to avoid the use of subtitles...and making Sean Connery (among others) try to speak Russian in a convincing manner, which he certainly couldn't do! 

You'd also have the creative freedom to follow whatever plots and sub-plots you want OUT of the cantina and into other parts of the planet/galaxy.  The cantina could be a central focal point for the story, but as long as you are willing to leave it to explore other story lines, the script possibilities would be endless. 

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

From what I hear, it got a lot worse with The Last Jedi (still haven't seen that one) and the Solo movie is allegedly in the same camp.

I didn't really get the Disney hate at the beginning, largely b/c I don't really follow Disney entertainment products...but now I'm starting to catch on!

Solo was great. I saw it today.

The Last Jedi sucked. I rewatched it recently and am still trying to make myself accept it.

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hate to break it to you but the franchise started to suck by the second movie. By the 4th and 5th film it was unwatchable.

You are as extreme on the movie as some fans are on Bills. 

If you did not watch it how do you know it is unwatchable and if you did watch it then it is watchable.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You are as extreme on the movie as some fans are on Bills. 

If you did not watch it how do you know it is unwatchable and if you did watch it then it is watchable.

I got all the way through the 5th movie (which is the 8th in the timeline? Not sure. Which one was Jar Jar Binks introduced?) After seeing that film I swore off Star Wars. The writing was abysmal. (Did Lucas himself write the scripts in those films?) 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I got all the way through the 5th movie (which is the 8th in the timeline? Not sure. Which one was Jar Jar Binks introduced?) After seeing that film I swore off Star Wars. The writing was abysmal. (Did Lucas himself write the scripts in those films?) 

So it was watchable; you actually went back after seeing 4th.  Like I said an extreme post like those on QBs on main board.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

So it was watchable; you actually went back after seeing 4th.  Like I said an extreme post like those on QBs on main board.

The 4th was bad but I decided to give it one more chance. #5 cinched it for me. Another reason I went was the radio station I worked for at the time had a promotion built around it. Kind of had to be there.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

44 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Good lord, damn near a day later and I just 'get it'.  Good thing I didn't hint at anyone else's obtuseness!  ?

I had a great time torturing my children (when they were small) at the beach telling them to watch out for the sarlaac.  They wouldn't go anywhere near crab holes.  It was hilarious.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:27 AM, Fadingpain said:

From what I hear, it got a lot worse with The Last Jedi (still haven't seen that one) and the Solo movie is allegedly in the same camp.

I didn't really get the Disney hate at the beginning, largely b/c I don't really follow Disney entertainment products...but now I'm starting to catch on!

:lol:

"Porkins" was the fat guy who flew an X-wing fighter in the very first Star Wars movie.  He was involved in the "trench run" to blow up the Death Star at the end of the movie. 

He was on screen for a few seconds before being blown up by a well placed laser cannon blast.

Here's some video:

Lucas had to hustle to make Empire & Last Jedi... Or Disney would have had it earlier.

I think that's how it goes.