Surprise Candidates For Starting WR Spots

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Who said zay is missing preseason?

Sean McDermott, when he announce that Jones had knee surgery.  Implied that the surgery took place now to give him a chance to participate later, but would not commit to a timetable for recovery beyond making it clear he would be a non-participant through the spring.

29 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I've been a fan of Dupree since he rose from unknown to one of the pre-draft darlings last year.

Kind of like Foster, good tools and measurables, but weak college production.

I thought it was a good under the radar move last year when they grabbed him after Green Bay cut him.

I'm all for a youth movement at WR. Let the young guys play and show what they can do.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a mix of Dupree, Foster and Proehl as 2 of the 5 or 6 WRs on the roster.

Im not saying he could never be good but if he’s starting this year it’s more likely things went horribly wrong. In an ideal world he shows up and plays really well earning him #5. 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Im not saying he could never be good but if he’s starting this year it’s more likely things went horribly wrong. In an ideal world he shows up and plays really well earning him #5. 

Oh, I wasn't implying that. I think KirbyJackson and I are saying, we know what we have in JAGs like Holmes and Streater etc. Roll with KB and some young guys who were 5 star recruits but were in situations where productivity didn't match skill (Foster, Dupree, etc) and go with them. Most folks here consider this either a bridge year with AJ or a learning year with Allen. Loads of $$$ and all picks to pry a WR or two with top talent next year if none of these guys develop. If one or two produce, one less hole to fill. Teams roll with young WRs all the time.

Not sure with where to count Zay Jones considering the surgery news today.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Kerley gone?

I think we should all hope the rookies step into a role. if only one is serviceable.

this comment about Benjamin laboring. I would like to read that for context.

zay . well  time will tell wont it ?

Yea Kerley is the oldest WR and a reliable vet,no chance he doesn't stick imo.

It all comes down to KB imo. He has # 1 wr potential, if he reaches that potential , it makes the other WR job that much easier. If he struggles like last year, the group likely struggles, I got faith in him in a contract year as well.

Also , we have one of , if not , the best pass catching RB in the NFL and an above average TE ,which will help our QB tremendously

10 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Oh, I wasn't implying that. I think KirbyJackson and I are saying, we know what we have in JAGs like Holmes and Streater etc. Roll with KB and some young guys who were 5 star recruits but were in situations where productivity didn't match skill (Foster, Dupree, etc) and go with them. Most folks here consider this either a bridge year with AJ or a learning year with Allen. Loads of $$$ and all picks to pry a WR or two with top talent next year if none of these guys develop. If one or two produce, one less hole to fill. Teams roll with young WRs all the time.

Not sure with where to count Zay Jones considering the surgery news today.

Don't sleep on Streater...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Don't sleep on Streater...

I liked Streater a lot last year, but he is 30 and has a history of missing time with injuries: Concussion 2013, foot surgery 2014, leg 2017

I'd rather roll with young guys who could be productive for a longer period and create chemistry with my new QBs.

Forgot about Kerley to help stabilize the WRs. KB, Kerley, Foster, Dupree and Proehl with Jones on PUP until he shows an understanding of the new offense.

I'm ok with that.

Edited by RocCityRoller

7 hours ago, wppete said:

Impressive highlight of Malachi Dupre.

6’2 196lbs

4.5 - 40 yard

And hes also someone who catches correctly. without those outstretched arms, unless needed. people here call it body catching.

10 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Austin Prohel - Said the Bills and their QB’s really love this kid.  It would be an upset if he gets an active roster spot but he’s done a lot of good things over the past two days.

It would?  I realize he was a 7th rounder but that was essentially because he missed nearly the entire season recovering from an injury.  The kid has an NFL pedigree and I think it will be an upset if he doesn't make the team.

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I have hope for Robert Foster, supposedly was a Five Star recruit out of high school and didn’t see enough balls at Bama to turn heads.

I can see a FA like Eric Decker or someone who gets cut in camp stepping up

On one bills live they mentioned that he looked good, but tanker added he has all the physical abilities and runs great routes but doesn't have great football instincts on getting open.

i liked this signing and if you've seen the brief videos on this young man...whoa!

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I think the WR core will be fine. Sometimes is better to develop some of these late round guys rather than taking a declining vet. The Jets were a good example of this last year. 

The Patriots have led the league with the most UDFA. Like to see guys like Reilly and Proel get a shot...

9 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Brandon Reilly - baller.   As big as Dupre and faster.  Would love to see both emerge.

...ONLY thing I can possibly think of regarding the Reilly kid never being activated is that he didn't chalk up an accrued season which I believe extends his RFA status.....knowing the ineptitude of our anemic passing game, especially involving WR's, this may have been a smart move which looks even smarter FINALLY making the playoffs without him activated....just a wild guess.......