Josh Allen already impressing in Buffalo

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Kristopher Knox -May 24, 2018 Bleacher Report

Then again, perhaps not. Allen is proving to be a quick study, and he may prove himself ready to start as a rookie. Head coach Sean McDermott has definitely been impressed with what he's seen from the rookie so far.

Here's what McDermott had to say about Allen on One Bills Live, via the Bills' official website:

"I’ll start with the classroom first because that’s where it starts for us, with command of the offense. We’ve seen a young man that has taken the right approach through the weekend and rookie minicamp. You see the leadership and you see the intelligence. Then when he went to the field, I felt he had great command of the offense, great command of the huddle. I thought he had two solid days throwing the football."

I'm going to stake my opinion here and say that Allen is going to prove to be the franchise QB that we have all been hoping for.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, his floor is Blake Bortles and his ceiling is  Ben Roethlisberger, maybe even higher.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was reading reports on his performance and he was looking really good.  Daboll even said “nice shot” after he hit McCloud for a big gain.

According to a source, Dabolls teaching is really getting through to him.

Did we not mess this up?

Well played Mr. Royale, we’ll played.

10 hours ago, ngbills said:

Against 3rd team defense.Still hoping for the best. I tend to  not get excited in OTA's, with no pass rush, etc. Word is he was holding the ball much longer so if it was real live action may not have that much time. 

Keeping onto all that negativity is only hurting you. He has seen enough pressure coming at him to get through the next 4 seasons. He will be just fine. Chillax, you will live longer.?

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was reading reports on his performance and he was looking really good.  Daboll even said “nice shot” after he hit McCloud for a big gain.

According to a source, Dabolls teaching is really getting through to him.

Did we not mess this up?

Well played!

exc.gif

10 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Word is from who? I’ve read no report like that 

The good thing is you can throw out fake news now or just pretend you know someone in the front office. If people would put in as much effort in supporting their players as they do hating them, imagine how much of a confidence builder they could be with Allen.

Unfortunately, nothing Allen does in OTA's, mini-camp, voluntary workouts, practice, etc. will be impressive, as he has never had a problem with that aspect (his draft stock alone is proof of that).

It's what he does on the field that is concerning, so until he looks impressive on the field, it's hard to get excited.

The entire reason he was picked so high was based on his POTENTIAL and what he COULD do if developed properly. It sure wasn't for his win-loss record, play in big games, stats, All-Conference selections, accuracy, or standout college career. 

Even though people love to say "Preseason games don't matter!" I'll be impressed if he performs well even if it's against 3rd stringers. As long as it's on the field against NFL competition, it'll go a long way towards proving he's worth the hype.

12 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

Andy Reid is one of the smartest coaches alive. This checks out. #ScienceBitches

andy-reid-kool-aid-2.gif

This gif still makes me giggle every single time.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I'm going to stake my opinion here and say that Allen is going to prove to be the franchise QB that we have all been hoping for.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, his floor is Blake Bortles and his ceiling is  Ben Roethlisberger, maybe even higher.

Do not put him and "Blake the fake" in the same sentence.

I love hearing stories like this. It gives us all even more hope that Beane and McDermott know what they are doing. A hit on a Franchise QB has been needed for 22 years now. If Allen is that guy then I have no doubt Beane can put the rest of the pieces in place to make us contenders. That being said, these are just OTA's. Sh*t hasn't even got real yet like talking about. Let's see if he can carry this over through Mini Camp, Training Camp, and put it all together in the Preseason. I did say he would beat out McCarron and Peterman to be the starter. I'm hoping the good news keeps coming. 

Edited by H2o

7 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

You cant be serious. I didnt read a single he was holding the ball too long by any reporter there. Post it or get this bs outta here.

I didn’t either. I read he was with the 3rd team but didn’t see or hear this. To be fair it is a criticism that he had in college, but didn’t hear that yesterday. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, JoeF said:

It's a little surprising when we're used to phrases like:

- Just a bit out of reach.

- Off the hands 

- And the receiver is tackled just shy of the marker.  4th down coming.

- Missed a wide open receiver over the middle

And my personal favorite:  "didn't give his receiver an opportunity for yards after the catch"

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Unfortunately, nothing Allen does in OTA's, mini-camp, voluntary workouts, practice, etc. will be impressive, as he has never had a problem with that aspect (his draft stock alone is proof of that).

It's what he does on the field that is concerning, so until he looks impressive on the field, it's hard to get excited.

The entire reason he was picked so high was based on his POTENTIAL and what he COULD do if developed properly. It sure wasn't for his win-loss record, play in big games, stats, All-Conference selections, accuracy, or standout college career. 

Even though people love to say "Preseason games don't matter!" I'll be impressed if he performs well even if it's against 3rd stringers. As long as it's on the field against NFL competition, it'll go a long way towards proving he's worth the hype.

?????????

13 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it was mockery, at it's best I may add...thumbs_up.gif

Watched Polian yesterday on ESPN....he said after hearing this report....that "YES, ROSEN WAS THE MOST PRO READY OF THE DRAFT CLASS THIS YEAR, BUT, HE IS NOT READY"!  The chick announcers got a big laugh about that.....but the other guy0 (I forget) looked like he agreed w Polian.

• Like (+1) 1

Just like my pessimism was tempered by "Trusting the Process" my optimism is tempered by, let's just wait and see. Is it encouraging? Well hell yeah! But, I just want to be patient, for better or worse. There will be a day at some point, OTAs or training camp, where he throws like 3 INTs, misses guys wide / low / high, and takes too many sacks and we'll all be looking for the exits on the Josh Allen bus. But, we just need to be patient and allow him the grace and time to grow into the NFL QB Beane and McD believe he can become. If he starts week 1, fine then the Bills believe he is absolutely ready. If he doesn't then I'll just assume they're being cautious and planning for the future by giving him the time most Rookies need to adjust to the NFL. If it's year 2 and he's not starting, considering there's not Favre or Montana on this team, then we can start to sweat and hover over the panic button. Until then, good start, like what I'm hearing...but I'll wait to make too much of it, good or bad. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t either. I read he was with the 3rd team but didn’t see or hear this. To be fair it is a criticism that he had in college, but didn’t hear that yesterday. 

Did not hear Sal say that either - detailed take by him earlier this AM

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's been 22 years since we had a bona fide Franchise QB. People are excited. Maybe we'll be disappointed down the road...

but...

for now...

Let it happen... :flirt:

tenor.gif?itemid=9218581

Why do I have a sudden urge to be a Pepsi machine?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BuffaninATL said:

Did not hear Sal say that either - detailed take by him earlier this AM

Sal was on schopp and the bulldog yesterday and was mostly neutral about Allen. He said he had a nice day, missed a few throws, had some really good throws, but really likes the zip he has on the ball. He thought that they might have simplified reads at this point, so might not be asking him to do too much. He likes his energy and interaction with his teammates and coaches.

As a side note, did anyone else listen to the segment from yesterday? Bulldog was asking Sal how Allen talks and was curious what he thought about Beane's comment about how Allen "is Buffalo." Bulldog was starting to talk about how it kind of rubbed him the wrong way, because Beane's only been around for a year and doesn't know what "being Buffalo" is. Schopp interrupted and said something like, Beane's comments were around the time that Allen's old tweets came out. Bulldogg interrupted him before he really got to the point, but certainly sounded like Schopp's point was going to be, Beane thinks Buffalonians are racist, so is Allen, so Allen "is Buffalo."

Now, this seems ridiculous, especially to think a GM would say something so ridiculous, but it is Schopp we're talking about. 

It starts right around the 3:10 mark. Maybe I'm totally misinterpreting what Schopp is saying, so please feel free to call me a moron if I'm totally wrong.

https://d3efjls8gnbg8i.cloudfront.net/1642018/122814472.mp3?rhihttphost=wgr550.hosted.cx