Josh Allen already impressing in Buffalo

12 minutes ago, Mellow1 said:

I dont post much cuz just like at the old Bills Forum people with differences of opinion seem to lurk so they can complain about someone elses opinion. I wish him well but not excited about running around in shorts. Nothing impressive about it. 

Yeah.  I can see what you are sayiing.  What you said is your opinion and very well may be true,  HOWEVER,  the patronizing and condescending method of presentation is what will get people defensive.  It was "all right" to say: "I won't be impressed until..." BUT you went with (in essence)  Buffalo sucks and everyone is desperate and will be happy with ANYTHING take.  This method will almost certainly bring out people's negative reactions!

Edited by aceman_16
Missed a pronoun

9 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Does anyone remember how EJ looked in OTA’s? Just curious, I don’t remember...and obviously i think Allen is 10 times the prospect EJ was coming out.

I just remember he was big and strong, and a “very nice guy”. What a ringing endorsement! I don’t remember much about how he was at playing football. 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:52 PM, Magox said:

Ripping 20-30 yarders.

That's what he's going to do and he will be doing it in the endzone.

I can't wait.

That is his strength. He's better at the longer stuff than the dink and dunk throws.

1 hour ago, Mellow1 said:

Hey John from Riverside,,Im from Riverside as well but a long time ago. Yeah i dont post much cuz just like at the old Bills Forum people with differences of opinion seem to lurk so they can complain about someone elses opinion. I wish him well but not excited about running around in shorts. Nothing impressive about it. 

Yeah Mello now that I understand the context of your post its a fair take....cant take much from shorts practices except the basic physical talents.

I just moved to Riverside but have worked in the area for over 17 years.

9 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

Yeah.  I can see what you are sayiing.  What you said is your opinion and very well may be true,  HOWEVER,  the patronizing and condescending method of presentation is what will get people defensive.  It was "all right" to say: "I won't be impressed until..." BUT you went with (in essence)  Buffalo sucks and everyone is desperate and will be happy with ANYTHING take.  This method will almost certainly bring out people's negative reactions!

Agreed. I never believe they suck and you will never hear that from me. 

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah Mello now that I understand the context of your post its a fair take....cant take much from shorts practices except the basic physical talents.

I just moved to Riverside but have worked in the area for over 17 years.

All good my friend all good, Hopefully will see you at a game this season!!

11 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Does anyone remember how EJ looked in OTA’s? Just curious, I don’t remember...and obviously i think Allen is 10 times the prospect EJ was coming out.

Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone likes what he's seen from rookie quarterback E.J. Manuel -- in fact, Marrone says the former Florida State signal caller is the best rookie player he's ever coached (Marrone was an assistant with the Jets and the Saints). The Bills selected Manuel with their first-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

"Rookie quarterback EJ Manuel passed the eyeball test in his first practice with the Buffalo Bills Friday. The 6-foot-5, 237-pounder from Florida State showed off his big arm and a nearly effortless ability to throw deep down the sideline during the first of three rookie minicamp practices inside the Bills’ fieldhouse."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone likes what he's seen from rookie quarterback E.J. Manuel -- in fact, Marrone says the former Florida State signal caller is the best rookie player he's ever coached (Marrone was an assistant with the Jets and the Saints). The Bills selected Manuel with their first-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

"Rookie quarterback EJ Manuel passed the eyeball test in his first practice with the Buffalo Bills Friday. The 6-foot-5, 237-pounder from Florida State showed off his big arm and a nearly effortless ability to throw deep down the sideline during the first of three rookie minicamp practices inside the Bills’ fieldhouse."

Lol my co worker is a huge raiders fan and was talking about all the jamarcus Russell hype from OTAs and how he couldn't wait for him to light up the NFL.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:36 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/expo/erry-2018/05/4c1b98e1889388/buffalo_bills_otas_2018_josh_a.html

"
Josh Allen was the most impressive quarterback on the field Thursday. By my count, he attempted to 21 passes and only three hit the ground. Some were of the shorter variety, but Allen was ripping some deeper throws as well. He hit Austin Proehl on an impressive throw to the sideline outside the numbers. His two touchdowns were the highlights, though. Allen ripped an in-breaking route over a defender and into the hands of fellow rookie Ray-Ray McCloud for a touchdown. Later in practice, he hit Travaris Cadet in the end zone for a back-shoulder touchdown. If the idea of putting him with the third team was to build his confidence. it might be working. "

"Sling the duke"?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ngbills said:

Interesting...seeing this keeps me reserved about Allen then

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Interesting...seeing this keeps me reserved about Allen then

Different quarterbacks, systems, and coaches. I am pretty sure this staff could care less what EJ Manuel did when he was here. Why do so many of you on here like to look at past failures on here? It is akin to waking up in Seattle everyday and realizing it is raining , again. But that you keep living there and do nothing to change the outcome. I understand it is Buffalo and is expected, the Browns are the same way. But I honestly don't know how you guys live with defeat , and the never ending negative thinking. Not a way to go through life, or even a week at a time.

This draft brought you some good picks, be exited about that if nothing else. It looks like the defense will be solid,  that is how championship teams get started. It is not like a college team where it takes a vast amount of time to change a program around. It is the NFL and free agency. A team can build through the draft and trades along with it. Give this GM and coaches a bit of time to turn this around. They have been a part of winning elsewhere, that is big. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ngbills said:

See now this is not how I remember it

Something about hitting tents on the side line instead of players with the ball

10 hours ago, ngbills said:

I remember the press conference after EJ threw that game winning pass against the Panthers, I think, at the beginning of his rookie year.  Marrone was asked if EJ had arrived and he basically broke out into laughter.

I don't think Marrone ever wanted to play EJ, and he was at odds with Whaley over it.  At this point it is clear who was correct.  

22 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Different quarterbacks, systems, and coaches. I am pretty sure this staff could care less what EJ Manuel did when he was here. Why do so many of you on here like to look at past failures on here? It is akin to waking up in Seattle everyday and realizing it is raining , again. But that you keep living there and do nothing to change the outcome. I understand it is Buffalo and is expected, the Browns are the same way. But I honestly don't know how you guys live with defeat , and the never ending negative thinking. Not a way to go through life, or even a week at a time.

This draft brought you some good picks, be exited about that if nothing else. It looks like the defense will be solid,  that is how championship teams get started. It is not like a college team where it takes a vast amount of time to change a program around. It is the NFL and free agency. A team can build through the draft and trades along with it. Give this GM and coaches a bit of time to turn this around. They have been a part of winning elsewhere, that is big. 

The point is the spin in rookie camp or OTA's or whatever is generally overly positive. For many reasons - build fan excitement, sell tickets, marketing / advertising, player morale, and on and on.

Until they put pads on and start playing other teams we dont know what we really have. 

Yet there is a camp that thinks we always have to blindly agree that player xyz is the best ever because our new front office and coaching staff (who are also the best ever) say so. By saying that EJ also got praise does not mean anyone is rooting against Allen or saying he sucks. Its just saying things tend to always looks this way this time of year. So hearing about the pass that was thrown in shorts with no rush to an undrafted WR caught against an undrafted CB, are not the type of things to make you believe he is the best guy ever type of stuff. That see "proof we have our franchise QB" or falsehoods that "Tyrod or Fitz or whoever never would have made that pass", etc. 

11 hours ago, ngbills said:

Josh Allen has a confidence about him that EJ Manual never had...and I was a fan of EJ's till he lost the starting job to Taylor. Allen's confidence level makes me think the franchise might have finally found their guy.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ngbills said:

The point is the spin in rookie camp or OTA's or whatever is generally overly positive. For many reasons - build fan excitement, sell tickets, marketing / advertising, player morale, and on and on.

Until they put pads on and start playing other teams we dont know what we really have. 

Yet there is a camp that thinks we always have to blindly agree that player xyz is the best ever because our new front office and coaching staff (who are also the best ever) say so. By saying that EJ also got praise does not mean anyone is rooting against Allen or saying he sucks. Its just saying things tend to always looks this way this time of year. So hearing about the pass that was thrown in shorts with no rush to an undrafted WR caught against an undrafted CB, are not the type of things to make you believe he is the best guy ever type of stuff. That see "proof we have our franchise QB" or falsehoods that "Tyrod or Fitz or whoever never would have made that pass", etc. 

Thank you...this is exactly what I was trying to figure out

34 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Josh Allen has a confidence about him that EJ Manual never had...and I was a fan of EJ's till he lost the starting job to Taylor. Allen's confidence level makes me think the franchise might have finally found their guy.

Josh describes me as a gunslinger type....

I never really got that impression of EJ Manuel.......he just doesnt pull the trigger

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh describes me as a gunslinger type....

I never really got that impression of EJ Manuel.......he just doesnt pull the trigger

Manual was a nervous nelly who never got comfortable. With an arm the new kid has, the confidence, and if he does have that gunslinger mentality...whoa, we all might be in for a long fun ride. :)

• Like (+1) 3