Video Games

Witcher 3 is probably the best game on ps4. 

I’m a big fan of the Souls series, so Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne are must plays.

Of course any Elder Scrolls game is a must play, although I maintain that Skyrim was trash compared to Oblivion. Completely dumbed down in almost every way although is gorgeous to look at.

I’ve been desperate for a new game, but I’m usually very underwhelmed by most titles these days. I really only love RPGs and there hasn’t been many great titles of late. 

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Always loved Pitfall and Defender back in the day.

The best of the old arcade style games is "Galaga" however. 

LOVED that game.

You can play it online for free nowadays! 

Would have saved me a lot of quarters back in the day.

Sounds very much like the Fallout games in concept, even if it's a different setting.

I'm a giant Fallout fan so I will probably really like Skyrim as well.

Fallout 3 was Bethesda’s project after making The Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion 

Gameplay is similar and Bethesda does a tremendous job on both. They take 5-7 years each project 

• Like (+1) 1

Has anyone played "Journey" on PS4?

I mentioned it up-thread but no one commented on it.  It is consistently mentioned as like Top 5 or Top 10 games all time for the PS4, and that has now been around for a while.

One list of The Best 100 games for PS4 had Journey at like 6 or something.

Some people were comparing it to Shadow of the Colossus as one of the best games all-time.  I loved that game so I suspect Journey is pretty good.

7 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

Witcher 3 is probably the best game on ps4. 

I’m a big fan of the Souls series, so Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne are must plays.

Of course any Elder Scrolls game is a must play, although I maintain that Skyrim was trash compared to Oblivion. Completely dumbed down in almost every way although is gorgeous to look at.

I’ve been desperate for a new game, but I’m usually very underwhelmed by most titles these days. I really only love RPGs and there hasn’t been many great titles of late. 

Sadly that is how many games are going. Better to look at but not as In depth...

Oblivion isn’t as deep as Morrowind either 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

What do you play 

for now until I get an ssd I play the older games. BFBC2, BF3. I will hopefully have the ssd by the time BFV is released. I miss the old BF2, I played that until it was no longer supported and my favorite of the BF series, chinese maps were the best. BF1 or BF4 I have no desire for either. bought BF1 and uninstalled/money returned, it sucked and BF4 is full of hacks, likely the worst of the series.

Release Date October 18, 2018

BATTLEFIELD™ V DEPLOYS OCTOBER 2018

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

35 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

for now until I get an ssd I play the older games. BFBC2, BF3. I will hopefully have the ssd by the time BFV is released. I miss the old BF2, I played that until it was no longer supported and my favorite of the BF series, chinese maps were the best. BF1 or BF4 I have no desire for either. bought BF1 and uninstalled/money returned, it sucked and BF4 is full of hacks, likely the worst of the series.

Release Date October 18, 2018

BATTLEFIELD™ V DEPLOYS OCTOBER 2018

Ah yeah, im not an FPS guy. More 4X, RPG type stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah.  I cant do fps

My playing time these days is so limited, I cant develop ability, and in game skills and perks to be any more than fodder while people who play 100 hours a week kill me 40 times before I know what hsppened

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Yeah.  I cant do fps

My playing time these days is so limited, I cant develop ability, and in game skills and perks to be any more than fodder while people who play 100 hours a week kill me 40 times before I know what hsppened

I’m in the same boat, man.  I try to play online with my friends who play all the time and it isn’t even fun.  I usually just play the missions.

Since we are talking about PlayStation, you've gotta mention some of their exclusive titles... 

-> Horizon Zero Dawn - one of the best games I've ever played. Highly recommend checking it out. This game was one of the main reasons I bought a PS4 when I already had an Xbox One. 

-> Nier:Automata - another great PS4 exclusive. The more I played it the more I loved it.  Definitely recommend playing it. 

-> Uncharted (series) - one of the first PS4 games I played and I really enjoyed it. I bought the Uncharted collection used at GameStop (Uncharted 1, 2 & 3 on the same disc) for pretty cheap. The story line in these game are is top notch IMO. Puzzles are fun to solve and the gun battles get pretty epic (although drawn out at times). Worth playing for sure. Haven't got to #4 or5 yet but they're on my list. 

-> Killzone: Shadow Fall - another pretty good PS4 exclusive. This one wasn't as long as the others above but was still fun (if you like stealth and FPS)

-> Nioh - I seen it mentioned and I personally thought Nioh was way too hard and frustrating. You die very easy and you have to start over from the last checkpoint and there is usually quite a distance between them. P,us you lose all your stuff and have to make it back to your body, and if you die on the way your hoard of gear is gone forever... 

Some (non PS4 exclusive) games that have been some of my favorites -

-Grand Theft Auto 5 (a must play IMO)

- Batman (entire Arkham series is great. Arkham Knight is the newest. You can buy the first 2 games for less than $20 in a package. It's called Batman Return to Arkham)

- Fallout 4

- Watch Dogs 2 (great game. The original is a lot of fun too. Watch Dogs 2 is among my favorite games ever) 

- Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider (2 more of my favorites ever) 

- Assassin's Creed: Orgins (there have been lots of good AC games. Black Flag and a Rogue were 2 more favorites)

- Far Cry 5 (Far Cry 3 is also a must play too IMO. The story and characters are amazing). 

- Dishonored and Dishonored 2 (if you like stealth games, with elements of BioShock in them (like the special powers you have)) 

- Dragon Age inquisition (great game, great story, takes a long time to play through)

- Elder Scrolls Skyrim

-Horizon zero Dawn and Nier Automata also belong on this list (as does Uncharted, although I'd maybe rank it a bit lower than the games above) 

- Sniper Elite 4 (the slow motion shots alone, where you watch your bullet rip through whatever major organ you hit makes this game worth buying/renting)

- Borderlands 2 (belongs on any good game list) 

- South Park (both 'the stick of truth' and 'the fractured but whole' are fantastic games if you are a fan of the show. It makes you feel like you are really in an episode of South Park. So much fun!) 

- Red Dead Redemption (can't wait for RDR 2!!)

That's all I got off the top of my head... lol 

Tip - GameStop has a return policy on used games. You can bring it back within 7 days no questions asked. Ive tried and returned/exchanged numerous games this way (and actually beat a couple games within the week and took them back). Kind of makes it risk free to try a game. 

On 5/24/2018 at 4:28 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

FIFA is the best sports game on the planet.  Playing it for a few years has brought me a deeper understanding of the game, and has turned me into a true fan of the sport.

NFL Blitz on N64 has the exact opposite effect, but man is it fun to play.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2018 at 6:55 AM, joesixpack said:

Currently installed:

Civilization VI ( Been playing civ since 1)

Hearthstone (addictive)

Cities: Skylines (better than simcity)

Neverwinter Nights 2 (jesus christ already, come out with a third, please)

BG2 or bust bro.