Which Bills Moments Legitimately Made You Cry?

Andy dalton to Tyler Boyd made me cry.  

Before that,

Levy sending Norwood out to kick a 47 yard fg to win the SB.

Before that,

Joe Cribbs joining the Birmingham Stallions 

thats it

Edited by NewEra

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

1990 Yearbook video on VHS. It was my grandpa's and I always watched it at his house growing up. Still watch it once a year before the season starts to get fired up and shed a tear for him.

That's a very cool one.  I remember I used to watch that video a lot every offseason as well when I was a little bit younger and it always brought back such amazing feelings of nostalgia..not just for the football games but for that era in general.  I was privileged enough to have an amazing childhood and that whole era always gets me choked up a bit.

As for recent times I gotta agree with the day It was announced the Pegula's had officially bought the Bills and there was finally a sigh of relief that they would be staying in Buffalo...all of the phone calls into WGR that afternoon really got me emotional.  

A distant 2nd to that memory was being in the stands when we finally beat the Patriots in 2011....by the 4th quarter the atmosphere was completely euphoric and I thought to myself so this was what it was like for my Dad and Uncles when they used to go to games back in the 90s

• Like (+1) 1

I normally get angry after a bills loss, no matter the kind. But the one time I was sad was when that 49er hit Shady in the back two years ago. I thought Shady was going to be done for the year with an Achilles tear. My heart sunk. I did not cry even though I wanted to.

I cried in the early hours of new years day. When the Benglas stopped the Ravens on 4th down to finally end it I sunk to my knees and cried for a few seconds. It was relief and release. 

I welled up again a day later watching the clips of the fans at the airport. 

When it comes to sport I only cry at the good stuff. 

6 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I’m stealing a really interesting topic from Howard and Jeremy

You're not stealing from them is because none of their topics are original and always repetitive.

.....and usually uninteresting.

5 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

The day Ralph passed was a tough one. I never actually expected that it would make me respond quite the way that it did. Having feelings of mourning a perfect stranger is a very surreal experience. Perhaps it wasn't so much his death but the uncertainty that may have followed.

I would echo that. It was a similar unexpected feeling with Kent Hull and Rick Martin.

I had tears in my eyes with the announcement that 2/3 of the money from the sale of the Bills was going to philanthropy to benefit Buffalo and Detroit, as well. Regardless of the tax implications, that was an amazingly generous posthumous gift from a man who could be maligned by a portion of the fan base for being cheap. 

I wouldn't say I've I cried but I've definitely teared up. 

2011- 21 point comeback against the Patriots.

Connor Gorman's Buffalo Bills "Rise and Fight Again" video on YouTube.  Especially the end where it says "Thank you Ralph".

Seeing Kyle Williams celebrate with his kids in the locker room when the Bengals scored. 

My sister cried towards the end of Super Bowl 27 because she was dreading going to school the next day.

I broke my vacuum cleaner when Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler fumbled the game away against Atlanta in 2013.

Edited by holla83
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Made me cry - January, 1981 loss to the San Diego Chargers which finished the short playoff run.  I was a young kid at the time.

Pissed off - Wide right.  We should have won that SB.

Disappointed - too many to list.

Now, I'm optimistic we're headed in the right direction.

Came here to post the one in bold. Me too. I was 11. Fergy limping off the field in a valiant but failed effort to rally the team late. I couldn't handle it at that tender age. 

I've never cried.  I threw the remote against the wall when the refs confirmed the call on the field during the MSM.  I've never had that much of an emotional swing watching sports.

22 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

I punched a wall after the Music City Miracle. Boxer's fracture. My arthritis and and I were just reminiscing about it the other day.

I forgot to mention that one in my own post. I threw a desk calendar across my bedroom that day.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

wide right

music city miracle 

day ralph passed i shed a tear

That might be the only one.... I can't remember. 

If not that, then never. 

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

wide right

music city miracle 

day ralph passed i shed a tear

wide right...i hid and cried.

music city miracle...didn't cry, i was furious.

when Mr. Wilson passed...i was listening to the coverage on WGR, listening to the fans give their Ralph Wilson stories. i cried a lot that day. and the next few days. when i thought of what the man did for us, not just the Bills, but what he did for the people that met him. then the money he left for Detroit and for Buffalo. it was surreal the way i felt heartbroken and blessed that he was the patriarch of our Buffalo Bills.

when mr. Pegula bought the team...the relief and joy i felt absolutely brought me to tears.

watching Kyle Williams with his boys in the locker room when the Bills got into the playoffs with that Cincinnati throw and catch...well, show me a man that didn't shed a tear at that moment and i will show you a cold hearted SOB!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I keep thinking of other things after reading different posts. I was at the home opener against Miami after the Pegulas bought the team. The ovation that Jim Kelly got during the ceremony to honor Ralph was unreal. I don't think I've ever heard the stadium that loud for a sustained period of time. I had chills!

7 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

The day Ralph passed was a tough one. I never actually expected that it would make me respond quite the way that it did. Having feelings of mourning a perfect stranger is a very surreal experience. Perhaps it wasn't so much his death but the uncertainty that may have followed.

Sport seldom makes me cry, good or bad. It's mainly anger with the teams that I support :D

The same thing happened to me when Ralph died.  Didn't like him for a lot of his decisions but I was so glad he kept the team in Buffalo.

I never cried for a win or a loss, but I have for a lot of the off field moments that people have described above.

Memories of my old man taking me to games in the rockpile and Rich stadium.