The Bills did not "luck" into the playoffs

I find these false arguements.  The fact is the Bills met the criteria to make the play-offs.

To say they lucked in requires every game, every play to be evaluated.  Which one is the lucky one, just the last one?  Do you need to talley all the positive and negative plays to see the score?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

They made a great play.  Bills wouldn't convert that long pass in the snow against Indy again in a milion years either, but you can't take away that they did it the one time it mattered.

Now if you want to talk about Franco Harris and the Imaculate Reception, I'll agree that was dumb luck.

Saying something is lucky and trying to take it away are not the same thing. I am not trying to take anything away from the Giants but it was luck. They were lucky. That is different actually from the 4th and 12 play Cincy made where the receiver ran a great route, Dalton made the right read and a pin point throw. 

6 hours ago, The Red King said:

Alright, this has been eating at me for awhile, and it's time I get it off my chest.  I want to scream every time I see someone claiming that the only reason the Bills made the playoffs last season was luck.  Like last season's Bills were some 6-10, 7-9 team that was visited by the playoff fairy and granted a playoff birth.  It's a discredit to the team and what they accomplished.  The Bills earned that playoff birth.

What a load of crap. When a team gets into the playoffs on a 3rd/4th/5th tiebreaker, that's luck. Dalton throwing a TD pass on 4th down to win the game for the Bungles, putting the Bills into the playoffs, was most assuredly not part of the process.

However, feel free to convince yourself otherwise so that you can sleep at night.

4 hours ago, JPP said:

fail

No you just need to get a sense of humor.

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

What a load of crap. When a team gets into the playoffs on a 3rd/4th/5th tiebreaker, that's luck. Dalton throwing a TD pass on 4th down to win the game for the Bungles, putting the Bills into the playoffs, was most assuredly not part of the process.

However, feel free to convince yourself otherwise so that you can sleep at night.

yup all it takes to win 9 games in the NFL is "Luck".  You are a very wise and knowledgeable Fan.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

yup all it takes to win 9 games in the NFL is "Luck".  You are a very wise and knowledgeable Fan.

9 wins and how many tiebreakers? Oh, forgot about those already?

• Like (+1) 1

That is absolutely what they did. Not "lucking" into the playoffs involves clinching by your own actions, not watching what other teams are doing in the locker room after your regular season is over.

On a 4th and 13 the Bengals scored an insane touchdown which was, by the way, on a drive kept alive by a ticky tacky flag on an INT.

Not lucky at all!

Edited by Elite Poster

53 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

That is absolutely what they did. Not "lucking" into the playoffs involves clinching by your own actions, not watching what other teams are doing in the locker room after your regular season is over.

On a 4th and 13 the Bengals scored an insane touchdown which was, by the way, on a drive kept alive by a ticky tacky flag on an INT.

Not lucky at all!

ticky tack??? WTH, he wrestled him to the ground. !!

Not one complaint from Ravens on that call.

Edited by cba fan

15 minutes ago, cba fan said:

ticky tack??? WTH, he wrestled him to the ground. !!

Not one complaint from Ravens on that call.

Lafell initiated the contact and tripped over the Ravens DB feet. Yes, the broadcast said he was tackled but my eyes said otherwise.

I totally forgot the kick was almost muffed as well. So lucky. 

13 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Lafell initiated the contact and tripped over the Ravens DB feet. Yes, the broadcast said he was tackled but my eyes said otherwise.

I totally forgot the kick was almost muffed as well. So lucky. 

Nope do not agree. Not even close. Just looked at it again. Defender pulled him down by the shoulder and had other arm wrapped on mid section. Lafell did not initiate the contact either. He was trying to run away from the defender. Defender put his leg in and in front of WR leg. 6:23 starts the play.

I am not always right but I got this one.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

it's the most rinky-dink NFL thing to accomplish, getting wiped out bad on the road in the AFC WC weekend.

going 17 years without playoffs is rinky dinkyier.

What is the criteria for a playoff run to not be "rinky dink"?

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

think most people acknowledge that as the flukiest play in NFL history.

The "Immaculate Reception" was way flukier.

Let's say the Bengals/Ravens game went exactly as it did, but was played in week five.  It would have had precisely the same effect on our getting into the playoffs, but many people would have believed our path to the playoffs was somehow more legitimate.  When it comes down to the last teams vying for the final wildcard spot, the ultimate winner is always decided by numerous plays in numerous games throughout the year that they had no control over.  The fact that one of those crucial plays takes place near the end of the last game of the season for one of the teams, certainly adds drama.  But it doesn't make the team that gets in any more or less deserving, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 3